[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - batter up

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: batter up
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:14 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

The last couple weeks, I've gotten baseball-fever. I've always been a fan but the cubbies getting back into things the last couple ytears revived my interest. Now I'm thinking about writing a baseball story(another story? I know...I should finish what I've already started)

I need info of all sorts. Anyone hereabouts know a baseball book(Fiction or otherwise) that they'd consider most useful to get the feel of the game and the life of those who play it?

Post subject: Re: batter up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 am 

Not many baseball fans, apparently....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:53 am 

Baseball sucks. I know, I've played it (and pretty damn well too).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:31 pm 

Blasphemy! Blasphemy! :lol:

Well, you have you experiences; I'll admit I have a romantic view of baseball. I'll concede it's a inquired taste.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:21 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:23 pm 

From what I understand; the origins of baseball is a on-going debate.

That's one of the wonderful things about baseball; so much history.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:32 am 

Iowanic have you seen the film field of dreams based on the sport baseball. Well worth a watch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:29 am 

Actually, no. :oops:

But it was filmed in Iowa.

"IS this heaven?" "No. It's Iowa." 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:41 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Baseball rocks! I'm a big baseball fan. I actually grew up a Cubs fan, because when I was a kid, we didn't have a big league team here yet, but the Cubs were always on WGN on cable. When we got the Rockies, I started following them. A trip to the ballpark on a nice summer night with a cold beer in hand is one of life's simple pleasures.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:42 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:23 pm 

Wow. You get to see the Rockies! I've always heard that stadium is a pitcher's nightmare!

I'm a cubbies fan, thru and thru. My story will have them as the 'centerpiece' team.

To be honest, I have misgivings about Field Of Dreams.

Is it true they show Shoeless Joe Jackson batting right-handed? :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:19 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:24 pm 

It's cool, Griz: Wrigely is a hitters park as well.

I've seen photo's of Coors field: it looks mighty preety.

Us cubs fans don't like to speak aloud about it, but let's face it: Wrigley is getting old. It will need a major 'refit' or they'll have to move. It's sad, but it's the truth. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:12 am 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:45 am 

Which team does the hero in the ring of bright water play for? Does he will the big game, at least?