[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Join the Global Anti-Hunting Coalition (GAHC)

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

"It is a moral issue for me to stand up against recreational and trophy hunting, and an emotional issue since I love the animals being hunted, and an intellectual issue on evolution by compassion, and a spiritual issue as to why I am here. Anti-hunting is one of my callings." ~ Anthony Marr, Founder and President

Join the group on Facebook which started few days ago and already has 1,147 members:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 am 

According to hunting ban polls 21 % of the population feel they should tell 77 % of the population how to live with regards to hunting. Hunting bans are not about animal health in herds & packs. They are about 21 % of the general population telling 77 % of the general population how to live. The truth is it is none of their business if I and the wolf are out hunting today. If we are enjoying our lives as we see fit the Anthony Marr's of this world should not be telling wolves or human hunters how to live. BTW, Anthony Marr in a debate on another forum was eventually cornered and had to admit that his Birth Control claims for controlling large tract deer herds were false and that I/C control would not work. I applaud his eventual honesty in that admission on that forum but I see he is still selling his snake oil to less informed audiences.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm 

Donnie: can you provided a link or address to that other site? This Marr person sounds like a nut-cake.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:28 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:47 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

I think I'm going to write a donation check of $1,147 to so terminally ill kids can go on the hunt or fishing trip of their dreams. That comes out to one dollar for every one of Marr's nutty sycophants at GAHC. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:12 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

How wonderful! Another little tin pot dictator starting another AR group! And what on earth is "evolution by compassion"? Gobbledygook...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:09 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Grizzly

I think that animal culling should be done by a few professional people and these hunting plebs should be banned from doing it. Animals should not die in the name of sport and should not be terrorized before being euthanized (<---- this being the operative word as in should be the case), at the least. There has to be something wrong with people who enjoy causing suffering and fear to animals, and to cap it, then kill them. Pretty much warped way to have fun, in my opinion.

I personally feel that my human rights are being violated by hunters right now on a daily basis, I have a right to peace of mind and to live where I live in peace (and it is a foregone conclusion that the poor animals who dont have a voice or a choice have a right to not be terrorized to death at somebody's pleasure). I would seriously like to see hunters wiped from the face of the earth and believe me if I can do anything about it I will. If only 21% of the population think hunting is ok then perhaps you should examine why the remainder are against it and remember you are in a minority which will get smaller with time and yes - evolution. Cave men went out of season a long time ago, in case you did not notice, we have supermarkets now and if you want sport why dont you take up gymnastics or something less violent or there is always judo or karate or even clay pidgeon shooting or archery.

:mrgreen:

Last edited by CatLady on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:18 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:58 am 

"Hunters wiped from the face of the earth"

Charming.

Funny; this brings to mind the post I thought I'd seen before.....not quite sure what to make of your statement, Catlady. How do you define 'sports' hunting, anyway?

I believe most polls suggest that the magority of people support hunting for meat or the control of animal populations. I believe that was what Donnie was alluding to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:20 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:46 pm 

barb? Is that you barb?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:30 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Hi everyone

what are you all like!?

Yes, I was a bit strong on the ''wipe'' bit - send them to Timbuktu or something, I spend about from 6am in the morning until 2am in the next morning of my day on cats, feeding them, cleaning their houses spending time with them, it takes a while to get around them all and when the last one is done I have to start all over again - my choice I know, and I am not complaining at all - it is a privilege to have them, but running after 11 cats can be quite a job when there are three different groups of them all in different places and I am awaiting a cat run to be built - which will make this sort of situation easier I should imagine.

You do not have a clue what I do or how much I care about my cats.

Basically, The hunters are a pest in my life and certainly the cats could do without them also - I don’t want them anywhere near my cats and I do wish they would vanish. I don’t agree with them if I am to be honest anyway.

Maybe human rights was the wrong description, but I simply want them not to be shooting here but have to put up with it and I am thinking why do I have to put up it - why can't they be the ones to go away instead - primarily, for my animals sake and safety and my piece of mind on their behalf - they are terrified when it starts even in the shed - I simply don’t want the shooting or any of it near us, I want them to go away, I can’t go away, I and my cats live here - I spend a lot of time worrying about the 2 cats whom I am trying to learn to stay in the outbuildings but have yet to achieve it - it’s not simple to do and yes it is stressful, to me anyway - because I am responsible for my cats and I want to make it as safe for them as I can. Hunters are just a nasty big spanner in the works of my life, (ok so plebs was a bit insulting - point taken). If I did not care I would hardly be worrying about it and I would not be here.

Also, I don’t think for one minute that the animals who are being shot at are not suffering, I have stood there and watched them in their last moments (poor creatures) and it is done for sport - or hobby whatever ... all the same... for someone’s pleasure or relaxation/recreation, what can be fun about scaring and killing animals like that?! Food is one thing but sport is quite another.

It is my opinion.

As for those % figures.. Put it this way, if many people witnessed it firsthand they would soon be against it when they see a little bunny run for its life and be shot at then dead, it is horrible & horrific. It is all very well saying something is this or that when one is not near to it but to see it is another story. Educated on seeing that - yes, educated on shooting animals - yes - done it, been there and decided no way, never again and do not agree.

CL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next