[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Join the Global Anti-Hunting Coalition (GAHC)

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:20 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Grizzly

Ok so I am arrogant whatever, you believe what you believe and I still hate hunting and its not getting any better after all these comments and I do worry about my animals and am entitled to.

So you are a good hunter - fine, I am sure that it will be of great comfort to the rabbits and whatever else that you shoot.

The cancer comment - a real cheap shot. I have lost some of my family to cancer and how dare you bring that subject in to this because I love my animals and care for their welfare does not in any way detract from the suffereing of people with illnesses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:09 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 am 

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:10 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:49 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 pm 

You are the one that attempted to claim that you spent 20 hours caring for 11 cats.....that statement deserved an equally ridiculous response....and that is what you got.

I had a PM arrive from a person that used to post here that told me they had to wipe tears from their eyes they were laughing so hard at me offering such a solution ,to relieve Cat Lady's stressing out for 20 hours a day on those felines. Threatening??? :-k Not likely but that victim card is all to familiar. :-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:58 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Ok so your bad joke had its day Donny. I am not adversed to a joke and you know it was in bad taste due to the subject. Anyway...I have to admit that if I were not me, I would probably have seen the funny side!!

A lot of what I have said has taken out of context. I am not a victim nor do I see myself as one, so stop the stupid sniping. Its getting silly.

Animals lover - if I wanted to tell you all of my daily business and life then you would have read it by now - I just usually cover the cat section of it and then add bits that are relevant later - it is not a matter of changing stories etc..

Having worked in cat shelters I know how difficult it is to find homes for cats and dogs here. So finding homes for semi ferals would be extremely difficult. They have a home, food an shelter etc with me anyway. Maybe it is cultural thing but here most people do not keep cats indoors and would not dream of it and I am very much frowned at that I do keep my 5 house cats indoors.

I do a lot of cat related chores over the space of a day as you might inagine and run my own business at the same time. I always end up awake too early and in bed too late and it is always a cat, its true - so if thats funny then I am glad you enjoyed the laugh :lol: - but I do work hard and true its not healthy. so ho hum... if I could not hack it, I would not do it.

I am going to start and official animals rescue place - and I suppose I have already started with cats (and hedgehogs also, sorry did not mention that before but it wasnt relevant as they are all asleep right now - so not changing my story just adding another part of it).

There is not much more to say than that really except - ta ta folks. GTG and do some cat stuff :lol:

CL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:32 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:16 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:19 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:52 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Thanks for your reply Grizzly and animals lover

AL: I did say in a later post that I had not used the correct wording in my previous post about some stuff (the human rights thing for instance was really not what I meant to say) but if you want to hang on to the literal of the wrong wording - then fine. I realise that you must be on a wind up - everything I have wirtten is true, I have removed some lines because I preferred to in hindsight as I did not want to share some info after all and added some stuff I thought I should have said but did not think of at the time, simple as that.

I do have hedgehogs, in little hibernation houses specially built, dotted around my land and they had special feeding before they hibernated. It was suggested by the animals welfare people here as an idea to help these animals and there were spec.s available online on how to build them. I had a number of rescue situations with those animals last year and was in liasion with a special hedgehog medical person who treats them and rehabilitates them. 2009 was hedgehog year here - where people were encouraged to work for their conservation so we embraced it whole heartedly.

Grizzly, I think one.s body would just shut down and make the person sleep before it got to that stage.

CL.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:49 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:56 am 

"Special hedgehog medical person."

Oh, boy.... :-

Catlady, this sounds kinda silly. I'm assuming you're jesting....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:21 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next