EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:52 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

In my case, I just do whatever I wanted to do but I still set restriction to myself. I enjoy every moment of my life and give importance even to those simple things I have. What about you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:28 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I got a hold of my first boss and Godfather, a WWII B-17 pilot and multi-millionaire builder, and he said " You just have to keep on livin' until you die". Back when I was a flight instructor, before I made chief pilot, our chief was another WWII vet pilot. I asked him about life, and he told me "Life is a system of priorities". Later I read the wisdom in my signature.
I keep as active as I can be and use nutritional supplements wisely to keep my cardio-vascular system, joints, and bones healthy and known anti-oxidants and anti-cancer herbs, plus Liv52 to keep my HepC (from Dustoff) at bay. Playing guitar and hot rodding them has replaced flying as my outlet. Having a loving, sharing relationship with my wife helps along with the same with God.
I lost four old friends in the past year. Alcoholism, cancer, and heart disease. Guys that years ago I shared many adventures with. It hurts a lot, but that is part of living. Pain and joy are all part of it. I remember those words of wisdom, and am thankful for each person in my life, and each day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:07 am 

Knight of Albion's view:

All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.

If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.

And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:15 am 
New User
New User

mindfulness for me is the key to everything. real midnfulness for example is what helped me to truely love without projecting a thing into my partner.
Johhny Electriglide's signature is very important.