[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Dinner Plans?

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dinner Plans?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:38 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Well heck...
I like talking about food, and recipes and food ideas and eating food and well you name it, if it's about food I like it.
Do you have any dinner plans?
What did you have for dinner last night?
Please share your ideas, recipes and suggestions with me. I need inspiration =P~

Last night I made some awesome tacos. I am cutting down on cholesterol in our diet so I used ground turkey instead of beef and they were awesome.

Simple Tacos
Soft corn tortillas cooked in a pan with a little olive oil
Spicy meat filling, (ground turkey, garlic, cumin, chili powder and lots of pepper)
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Tomatoes
Sliced avocado squeezed with lots of lemon.
Salsa
Spicy sauteed mushrooms on top
Yum....I'm hungry now...maybe there are leftovers. =P~

Last edited by jettrout on Thu May 26, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dinner Plans?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:45 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

I really thought that I had posted this, but ....

London broil tonight as opposed to the hot dogs with chili and slaw last night. Something about good hot dogs make me want to eat too many of them.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:16 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Hopefully Wayne warns everyone down-range.....

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:20 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Last edited by jettrout on Thu May 26, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:21 pm 

We had a 'what's for dinner' thread here somewhere, Jett. Let me if I can dig it up...

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:11 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:49 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Steak dinner with bakers, mushrooms and asparagus on Sunday.

Meatloaf (ground pork and turkey combo) with cheesy center on Monday, served with marinated veggie salad, green beans with onions and toasted almonds, and brown rice topped with feta cheese and pecans.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:11 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Micky D's after half a day waiting for an upper GI test for my wife ..... nothing found.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:43 am 

Thank goodness for that, Wayne! [-o<

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:47 am 

Actually, popcorn is pretty good for you even with the butter.

Dinner last night consisted of 2 HUGE tomatoes from a local gardener and a protein bar. That was going to be it but the lady came home with this monstrous beef-n-chedder sammich from Arby's. I figured since it was 95-100 degrees outside and I was about to cut grass, it was okay for me to go ahead and scarf it down as well.

Drank 2 quarts of water after tending to the yard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

What happened to Spring? We went directly to mid-summer here .... after the tornado fun.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:46 am 

Yeah same here. One week we see temps like we did in late February, the next we're pushing high 90's. To think, we had more snow days this year than I remember, ever.

We turned the AC off for 4 days when we went out of town this past weekend. My upstairs man cave was so dang hot it was like walking into an oven. The furniture was noticably warm to the touch like it had been baking. I should have left a pan of blueberry muffins up there. =P~