[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Join the Global Anti-Hunting Coalition (GAHC)

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:48 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

It's been nearly a month since the last entry about Marr's tour.
It appears to have ended with a rather pathetic whimper...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:01 am 

Marr's site is still dead-silent: nearly 7 weeks since any posts therein.
No one seems to be talking about this big cross-country trip anymore(except me).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:33 am 

Apparently the tour is over now. I know for a fact no mention was made in any of the local papers regarding him, so he must have changed jusr where he went.
There's a 27 minute video about it, I haven't viewed it yet myself.

http://www.homosapienssaveyourearth.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:26 am 
New User
New User

I think alot of anti hunting advocates dont understand most of the time hunting isnt even about hunting. its about time with loved ones and learning respect not only for hunting but the kind of respect that you can translate into every part of your life. and im sure someone is going to say there are plenty other things to do that dont involve killing an animal to attain the same life lessons. my answer to you people. Absolutely not! you shouldnt judge us for loving nature in our way! and putting food on the table like our fathers, grandfathers and many generations before them have done.....Do we (the hunters) get angry about you eating a stalk of celery? the tofu burger you had for dinner last night? do we get pissed off because you put cattle ranchers and their families out of work? NO we dont! nature has been running its course long before the dawn of man and will continue to do so long after mankind fades away. so basically what im saying is. just because YOU dont approve of our lifestyle damn sure does NOT mean its ok for you to try stand between me and MY traditions, MY passion, MY way of life... because thats a dangerous place to be my freind.

(not a threat just a statement)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:57 am 

Bumping this thread so that it doesn't go away...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:25 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Are you sure the concepts behind the thread have not died a natural death? :mrgreen: :-

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 pm 

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:56 pm 

Hiya, Donnie! Glad ya stopped by! \:D/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 am 

Check in every now & than but a lot less these days. Read a few posts and am happy that most folks realize crop & meat management both cause animal deaths despite the blind faith that the ARA have in their murky waters. Venison,rabbit,duck,pheasent & other wild game is great table fare & there is no need to be a hand wringing apologist to enjoy such a diet. Some folks like Monty/Anti are destroying the joy of life by failing to adjust to that natural path and then seem to demean we folk who embrace the pragmatic approach to life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:34 pm 

Hi, Donnie, I fully agree. I also agree that this thread should have died long ago along with the original author, ante. [-X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:03 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:18 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:00 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Do not join them. Trophy hunting is one thing, but ordinary hunting mass species for some form of consumption is another thing. There are species with ever growing populations and hunting them is beneficial, helping to return their populations into some reasonable balance. Hunting with dogs is particularly healthy as a arecreation and it leaves a lot of opportunity for animals to escape. This is almost like natural population control by predators. Hunting without guns with sighthounds is particlarly beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:40 pm 

"Hoss" was our black labrador retriever and a great friend growing up to manhood. Really, for most bird hunting, a retriever is a necessity. For hunting of other types, usually no. To me it is cheating. Having too many cats or dogs is a mental illness to me, unless they are needed for sled pulling. Two or three for rousting out wild boar. Packs are used to track down and kill lions or bear. The most real hunter I ever heard of was a man that went up a tree after a mountain lion with only a knife, and got him. Now that is a sportsman! \:D/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLtpDxr4fNM

A video response to some of the claims made.

Maybe this will draw Caroline back for another round...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next