[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Death of a pet.

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Death of a pet.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:54 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I have just yesterday put down my third pet in six months due to acute poisoning. I often wonder if I had a pig in my house whether I would have felt the same afterall pigs are supposed to be as intelligent as dogs but not as wise as cats.
When we empathise with the sheer colossal number of creatures and not cause divisions in them with our particular tastebuds then may we appreciate them in a deeper way.

When a man can slice his teeth into a living cow and feast on its beef then I will belittle the belief of the vegan. When a man can take the calf from its mothercare and place him/her into a hostile cage so he can pinch his/her milk /and biproducts butter, cheese, yoghurt it will in my eyes strengthen the belief of the vegan.

Although I will say those that kill and be without doubt the animals have left no young to starve and praise its death for your stomach then I understand.

Goodnight Tommo

Forever in my thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Death of a pet.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:18 pm 

Sorry for your loss, Mothy. I lost a goldfish back in November. No doubt there are those who will laugh but I was depressed for weeks afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:25 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:07 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

I have hundreds of goldfish in our pond. They breed well. Catfish and occasionally herons eat them. I never sorry about this. They breed very well by themselves. They are not designated pets, they are goldfish, a part of food chain in the pond. Mothy, why did you put down your pet? May be it could survive on his own?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:19 am 

He had acute renal failure. Due to lilly or anti freeze poisoning. A normal reading on the blood test was low 110 to high 220 his was 1020.

We can try but love to what we feel is its entirety but death makes us aware we fall short.

Mothy.

After saying that I'm aware of death everytime I meet a person/ animal I love, (even my enemy, for he is only such as one of us is disillusioned if not both). This eventuality I implement in every moment of my being, in the living case.

Death is the greatest communist and doctor that kills all diseases.

Death stops all divisions in their track.

Death knows no flag, creed, nationality, symptom or colour.

Death is our greatest friend whilst life in all its twisted glory makes us believe with instinct to cling on at all costs.

Religion is not the greatest deceiver but life itself.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:39 am 

I was glad that Pinecone left to die in nature rather than around the house in April. He was old and sick, and must have gone peacefully in a hidey hole. No evidence of a tougher predator getting him. He was a great cat that purred loud and knocked at the door to come in. Miss you old pal.
I have been attached to several dogs and several cats(and to a lesser extent a horse), but not fish, reptile, or insect pets(except Praying Mantis and Dragonfly buddies). I have been rather fond of numerous plants. :angel:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:02 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:53 am 
New User
New User

death of pet is very painful coz we got attached with that by our heart and think him as a part of our life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:56 pm 

Nice to be in the presence of a supermodel.