EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:36 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Quote:
You have the "real" data? Is it included with a tin foil hat perchance?

Unlike you, I at least question the data the Government peddles.

Quote:
So you ignore your "inflating our way out of debt" aspect in favor of whatever this is supposed to mean?

Huh? That didn't make sense Wayne. I am not ignoring the "inflating our way out of debt" and the example I gave you of inflation was a simple compounding rate of 3.6%, starting out with one us dollar over 100 years to where it came out to an increase of $33. The dollar printing that is going on now will make that look like child's play.

Quote:
Than why worry about the current state and trash the economy now? Just sadistic fun or what?

No worries, quantitative easing to infinity!! Let's make everyone go into debt further, lets say $100,000 for every man, woman, and child? How long do you think this is sustainable? Do you think we can continue to sell our debt to other countries and negligible interest rates? Wow, what fun!

Quote:
You mean the more "fair" tax that would exclude businesses from paying it?

How do you figure businesses would be excluded from a national sales tax? Don't manufacturers buy raw good? There would be a sales tax on that. Service industries would provide income by charging sales taxes to their customers.

Quote:
You can believe whatever you wish, but it is clear which of the two parties was willing to do their job and try to compromise to prevent the default and which took the position that it was their way or the highway.

AHAHAHA! Wayne, Wayne, Wayne....you are truly brainwashed. The only difference between the two parties are which special interest groups they pander to. Look back further, not just this recent circus act on the debt ceiling. Why did Clinton allow the Glass Stegall Act to be repealed? Yeah, it was a republican bill but dems rolled over and Clinton signed it. Oh, and what about the downgrade of our credit worthiness by S&P? They did that because they have figured out at this rate we cannot sustain out debt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:46 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

SiberD wrote:
Quote:
You have the "real" data? Is it included with a tin foil hat perchance?

Unlike you, I at least question the data the Government peddles.

Just because or due to some rational difference in the data handling?

Quote:
Quote:
So you ignore your "inflating our way out of debt" aspect in favor of whatever this is supposed to mean?

Huh? That didn't make sense Wayne. I am not ignoring the "inflating our way out of debt" and the example I gave you of inflation was a simple compounding rate of 3.6%, starting out with one us dollar over 100 years to where it came out to an increase of $33.

Which is connected to inflating our way out of debt how?

Quote:
The dollar printing that is going on now will make that look like child's play.

I know that is your claim, but at least the government has data to review while you have .... claims.

Quote:
Quote:
Than why worry about the current state and trash the economy now? Just sadistic fun or what?

No worries, quantitative easing to infinity!! Let's make everyone go into debt further, lets say $100,000 for every man, woman, and child? How long do you think this is sustainable? Do you think we can continue to sell our debt to other countries and negligible interest rates? Wow, what fun!

Since you seem to have missed the point of the question, I will repeat it .... Why worry about the surrent state and trash the economy at this point in time?

Quote:
Quote:
You mean the more "fair" tax that would exclude businesses from paying it?

How do you figure businesses would be excluded from a national sales tax?

From the presentations concerning the "fair" sales tax.

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer? ... aq_answers

The FairTax is a single-rate, federal retail sales tax collected only once, at the final point of purchase of new goods and services for personal consumption. Used items are not taxed. Business-to-business purchases for the production of goods and services are not taxed. A rebate makes the effective rate progressive.

Quote:
Don't manufacturers buy raw good? There would be a sales tax on that.

Not according to the fair tax website linked above.

Quote:
Service industries would provide income by charging sales taxes to their customers.

The business would not be paying any taxes though, the customers would.

Quote:
Quote:
You can believe whatever you wish, but it is clear which of the two parties was willing to do their job and try to compromise to prevent the default and which took the position that it was their way or the highway.

AHAHAHA! Wayne, Wayne, Wayne....you are truly brainwashed.

Yes. that is why you question data with no reason to do so

Quote:
The only difference between the two parties are which special interest groups they pander to. Look back further, not just this recent circus act on the debt ceiling. Why did Clinton allow the Glass Stegall Act to be repealed? Yeah, it was a republican bill but dems rolled over and Clinton signed it. Oh, and what about the downgrade of our credit worthiness by S&P? They did that because they have figured out at this rate we cannot sustain out debt.

Their references to political brinkmanship are just ignored?

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:36 pm 

Another all time high recorded for the number of people on food stamps. As of August 2011 there were 45.8 million people on the program.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6