Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Turkeys on the slaughterhouse line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGJryC4XIdo

One day, just one day people will tune in!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:09 am 

Well, ok. And does this still go on at this facility? I mean, this video is almost 6 years old.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:37 am 

They tune in well to specific instances, but never were great at showing rates and trends.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:56 am 

SiberD wrote:
Well, ok. And does this still go on at this facility? I mean, this video is almost 6 years old.

Are you seriously suggesting this doesn't happen now? That would be very naive of you.

Perhaps that particular facility got fined but I doubt it.

A more recently uploaded video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrfqA5JWQQ

And just for the record do you support factory farming?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:01 am 

Fosgate wrote:
They tune in well to specific instances, but never were great at showing rates and trends.

A labrador puppy never painted the red vineyard but she is still loved.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

mothy wrote:
SiberD wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting this doesn't happen now? That would be very naive of you.

I more recently uploaded video, but using older video stock which does not address the question.

How many people would volunteer to starve without the benefits of the "factory" farming process? The production of food via ineffecient small farms cannot provide the necessary quantities needed. The big issue will be when the factory farming techniques will not be able to meet the demand either.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:22 pm 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
mothy wrote:
SiberD wrote:

I more recently uploaded video, but using older video stock which does not address the question.

How many people would volunteer to starve without the benefits of the "factory" farming process? The production of food via ineffecient small farms cannot provide the necessary quantities needed. The big issue will be when the factory farming techniques will not be able to meet the demand either.

You are suggesting meat is imperative. If meat was taking out the equation now there is more than enough vegetable content available to be consumed on a sustainable basis.

And you are evading the question whether you believe turkey suffering is likely to be happening now. You slither out certain points of fact and reality to purport your own arguement so you can affirm your position as top of the food chain and animals are your divine choice as to what you wish done to them

The residual you is temporary in a hardware environment.

Burying ones head in the sand is choice, when one raises ones head out of the dunes a great sandstorm is experienced.

Mothy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:09 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

I understand your point, Mothy.

Hundreds of millions of creatures will be slaughtered, in a very unpleasant way, to satisfy the Christmas Day bloodlust of the world's "Christians"!!!

Peace on earth...

Happy birthday, Jesus!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:35 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

mothy wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
mothy wrote:

You are suggesting meat is imperative. If meat was taking out the equation now there is more than enough vegetable content available to be consumed on a sustainable basis.

Not with the number of people we are feeding at this time. There is already a decrease in the world food reserves with meat and dairy included.

Quote:
And you are evading the question whether you believe turkey suffering is likely to be happening now.

I am sure there is a turkey suffering somewhere, whether it be a domestic bird or one in the wild. The question that has not been addressed is to what level is there suffering and whether the percentage of actions involving suffering is increasing, decreasing, or static and at what level. The secondary aspect would be defining what is and is not suffering.

Quote:
You slither out certain points of fact and reality to purport your own arguement so you can affirm your position as top of the food chain and animals are your divine choice as to what you wish done to them

No, I do not view everything as "suffering" just because.

Quote:
The residual you is temporary in a hardware environment.

Burying ones head in the sand is choice, when one raises ones head out of the dunes a great sandstorm is experienced.

Fitting a myth reference is used, since the ostrich really does not bury its head in the sand even with the saying.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:40 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

knightofalbion wrote:

Hundreds of millions of creatures will be slaughtered, in a very unpleasant way, to satisfy the Christmas Day bloodlust of the world's "Christians"!!!

Peace on earth...

Happy birthday, Jesus!

Actually, given the references the birth record of Jesus indicates a fall birth. The attempt to integrate the pagan solstice celebration was the reason for the current celebration timing.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:34 pm 

knightofalbion wrote:

Hundreds of millions are slaughtered, period, on an ongoing basis to satisfy hunger of the world's Christians, Muslims, Jews, and atheists. Other than Christmas generally involving a significant holiday feast, there's nothing that sets it apart from any other day with regard to what folks eat.

If folks eat meat on any given day, they sure as hell aren't going to fall for your sensationalism over this supposed "unpleasant" slaughter that precedes Christmas dinner.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:16 pm 

mothy wrote:
SiberD wrote:

For the record, I consume meat obtained from grocery stores so yes, I guess you could say I support factory farming. But, I would prefer they kill my next meal with the minimum of pain.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:33 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Fosgate wrote:
knightofalbion wrote:

Hundreds of millions are slaughtered, period, on an ongoing basis to satisfy hunger of the world's Christians, Muslims, Jews, and atheists. Other than Christmas generally involving a significant holiday feast, there's nothing that sets it apart from any other day with regard to what folks eat.

If folks eat meat on any given day, they sure as hell aren't going to fall for your sensationalism over this supposed "unpleasant" slaughter that precedes Christmas dinner.

Yes, but...

You don't get it do you! LOVE!!!!! Celebrating the earthly incarnation of the messenger of peace and love and spiritual light with an orgy of bloodshed/killing and materialism!!!!!!!!! The very opposite of what it is all about.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:39 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Wayne Stollings wrote:
knightofalbion wrote:

Peace on earth...

Happy birthday, Jesus!

Actually, given the references the birth record of Jesus indicates a fall birth. The attempt to integrate the pagan solstice celebration was the reason for the current celebration timing.

Yes, the Church 'borrowed' the pagan festivals of the day - Dec. 25th, Eastra, Black Friday etc - and made them their own.

Jan. 6th was the day the early Christians celebrated the birth of Christ. This is where the 12 days of Christmas originates from.
In those days the early Christians were persecuted on pain of death, so they celebrated Dec. 25th (Saturnalia/ birthday of Mithra) joyously, to avoid detection. Followed by lesser celebrations up to Jan. 6th, which they observed as a day of quiet reverence and prayer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:25 am 

knightofalbion wrote:
Yes, but...

You don't get it do you! LOVE!!!!! Celebrating the earthly incarnation of the messenger of peace and love and spiritual light with an orgy of bloodshed/killing and materialism!!!!!!!!! The very opposite of what it is all about.

Yes, but...

Slaughter, purchasing goods, and drinking to the point of a merry stupor doesn't detract from an ability to love. Next thing you know, someone will be telling us that we shouldn't dance. Err...too late.