[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Jokes and such

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jokes and such
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:43 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

An Arab Sheik was admitted to St Vincents Hospital for heart surgery, but prior to the surgery, the doctors needed to store his blood in case it was found to be required during the procedure.

As the gentleman had a rare type of blood, it couldn't be found locally, so, the call went out to other hospitals.

Finally a Scot was located who had a similar blood type. The Scot willingly donated his blood for the Arab. After the surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman as appreciation for giving his blood, a new BMW, diamonds & US dollars.

A couple of days later the sheik had to go through a corrective surgery. His doctor telephoned the Scotsman who was more than happy to donate his blood again.

After the second surgery, the sheik sent the Scotsman a thank-you card & a jar of candies.

The Scotsman was shocked that the sheik this time did not reciprocate his gesture as he had anticipated. He phoned the sheik and asked him: "I thought you would be generous again, that you would give me a BMW, diamonds & money... but you only gave me a thank-you card & a jar of candies".

To this the Arab replied: "Aye, but I now have Scottish blood in me veins".

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject: Re: Jokes and such
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Proof That The World Is Nuts!

In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death.

(Like THAT makes sense!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.

(Do they look different in reverse?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.

(A brick?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.

(Much worse than "going blind!")

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins,who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time.

Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.

(Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands.

(No golf clubs....I hear a 3 iron works well.)

The husband's illicit lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.

(Ah! Justice!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England - but only in tropical fish stores.

(But of course!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, hermother must be in the room to witness the act.

(Makes one shudder at the thought!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.

(I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.

(Is this a great country or what?)

(Well, not as great as Guam!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

(Who volunteers for these tests?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

(From drinking little bottles of ???)

(Did our government pay for this research??)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Butterflies taste with their feet.

(Ah, geez.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

(I know some people like that.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Starfish don't have brains.

(I know some people like that, too.)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And, the best for last?

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

(And I thought I had bad breath in the morning!)

Thank you all for reading this.
*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

If you need to reach me in the future, I will be in Guam!!

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:58 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

A Scotsman walking through the field, sees a man drinking water from a pool with his hand.
The Scotsman shouts 'Away ye feel hoor thats full oa coos sharn'

(Don't drink the water it is full of cow s***]

The man shouts back 'I'm English, speak English, I don't understand you'.

The Scotsman shouts back 'use both hands, you'll get more in'.

As Americans may not realise until now the Scots tend not to like us English even though I love the Scottish as a race.

Such is life. :-({|=

But there is one thing I'm sure on in this hell on earth. I don't know whether it can be classed as an axiom but laughter is the best medicine.

Good joke Wayne by the way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:00 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Irony thy name is also humor ....

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:12 am 

>>>Humans were not native to the Americas, and that is no joke.<<< They came here from Europe(France/Spain Atlantic along ice pack 25-18K BP) then from North Asia (after moving from Europe---along island chains 16K BP then an opening in the glaciers, 12K BP to 7K BP) ). Solutrians who split into 5 genotypes, the first split became "white" people 35K years ago. The last split became Mongolians. Only Cherokees as a tribe had all 5 genotypes in them from mixing with Vikings after 1002 AD. A "white" tribe did come from Asia 9K years BP but were wiped out in WA state in an early genocide. The types split apart, fought a lot and interbred(not always agreeably!).<<
If I was young, I would move to Guam! :mrgreen:

Last edited by Johhny Electriglide on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:38 pm 

Joke??? A Disbarred Lawyer, an Illegal Alien, a Pathological Liar, a Muslim, a Communist and a Black Guy walk into a BAR.

Bartender asks....
"What'll it be, Mr. President?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:12 am