[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Pig

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:06 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Pig is a name given to a certain animal. A negative resonance in the human pyche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU7_Ar9C_iI

Can you be sure why this pig was doing the stuff it did? All answers will be seen as sanctimonious unless perceived as otherwise.

All animals and insects have a mind. To which extent in comparison to the human mind do they perceive? Is it okay if they fall below the human standard that they can be 'murdered' without due term applied, only slaughtered'. We as humans have no idea how animals think, feel in this reality.

It seems in slaughter the only prerequisite is the exsanguination of the slaughtered, murdered creatures in all religions.. Or beasts as the bible says.

In your ability to empathise maybes your next door neighbour may aswell be a dragonfly.

Maybes your empathy is misplaced or misdirected.?

Maybes the perception of the fulllness of the world will never be attained until humans can empathise and sympathise with other creatures.

My 5 year old nephew beat me at a card game. I'm 46. I will try to nuture his intelligence. Not like the school suppression regime that will control and destroy him like it did me.

Control seems to be all around.

Like I said Pig is not a nice name to give to people but pig is a sentient creature under our control. We decide what happens to pig!

Democracy decides what happens to people..

Pig is what you decide what pig is.

Post subject: Re: Pig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 pm 

Bacon, pork chops and shoulder ham works for me although I have been known to throw the odd pig skin at running backs and recievers.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:59 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 am 

My conscience is clear because it is no more immoral for me to eat "Rusty the Rooster" or "Porky the pig" then it is for any other predator such as a cougar or wolf to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:26 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 pm 

I am saying eating meat or plants are equally amoral despite the sanctimonious claims that the emotionalists are moralizing over. .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:17 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:37 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:50 am 

Obviously morals and ethics are imperative for healthy friendships, communities, societies, countries and ultimately the world. I feel animals deserve a bigger share of the pot when it comes to morals and ethics despite the possibility they may only be a human trait.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:18 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:11 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:45 pm 

Do we really create morals or are they an inherently conscious phenomenon directed at what we perceive as wrong.

There are many conflicting reports whether halal/kosher are good practices or bad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:53 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:05 pm 

Last edited by mothy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.