[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Justice for Tobias

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Justice for Tobias
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 pm 
New User
New User

Hi, I'm Izzy, and I need advice

Last Friday, I was returning home work, when two large beautiful foxes darted out from a nearby alley and into the road infront of an oncomming car. It was very apparent, even from a half meter distance that this car had hit one of the foxes, therefore there is no way the driver could not have been aware of the travasty he/she had just caused. However, rather than stopping to check on him, the driver continued on reguardless. When I went to examine the fox, whom I later named Tobias, his spine had been snapped, and he lay dead on impact. Distraught by this, I called the RSPCA hoping to bring the driver to some kind of justice, only to be told that, although they could act in the cases of certain wildlife, the law does not protect him because he was a fox!
Tobias was a strong, healthy, beautiful animal. His death was cruel and unjust. It is wrong that one species is valued more than another. Every life is precious, and we have no right to play god and decide which belongs and which does not. For these reasons I want to change this law, so that foxes are given the same rights and justice as other animals under this protective umbrella. I would really appriciate your advice on how I can do this in a peaceful and constructive manner.
Please help me get justice for Tobias.

Post subject: Re: Justice for Tobias
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:18 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Naming a dead animal is insane. :razz: [-X
I like foxes, and other animals. Accidents happen, with animals that are not observant enough.
It is getting worse because of more vehicles and that is from human overpopulation--the root cause.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 pm 
New User
New User

If you don't understand something, thats fine, but that doesnt make it insane. It just means you and I think of things in a different light. I just think if there was some kind of penalty, people would take more care

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:03 am 
New User
New User

Besides, i think you've missed the point. The point is not that the accident occurred. I know accidents happen, but dont you think if an animal gets hit, the driver should at least stop? I do. I'm of the opinion that if you think something is wrong, dont just moan about it, DO something. So thats what i'm trying to do. Thats why i thought i'd ask what avenues i should go through, and i thought here would be the best place to information gather.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 pm 

I can understand naming a wild animal, but not naming one after it has been a victim of road kill and is dead. I believe there are already laws to prosecute those who are witnessed to purposely have run over an animal. We don't need more laws. What we need is less people, and less vehicular traffic. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:18 pm 

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 am 

If I had time to worry about specific instances of wild animals getting struck by vehicles, I could probably think of a better use of my time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:05 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:54 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 pm 

Not correct Donnie. I try not to judge. So you place Fenetry E Eagle with ethics. Are you implying that there are ethics in the animal world?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:01 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:05 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:52 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:55 am