Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: slave to the system
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:34 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmBg1coN5sI

Having had a bit of wealth in the past I hate the illusionary power of money has over people. The power freaks that control this concept manipulate this illusion for their own needs.

Money has no worth just the promise of the bearer. I never trust a bearer.

This whole financial society exists on a concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHhzi8PvDYw

A happy slave does not feel the imprisonment upon him/her.

mothy.

I tell you this. Next time you see a bird and feel the connection of love . He/she will look at you. Works everytime.

The system is a beast with all human eyes closed. They are working for their own ends. A nice holiday, a home. Who can blame them? The system has closed down all creativty. The human slavery is all go.

Love has been lost through the need for self belief and self assurance. THe self can become a labrynth for true love. The maze will amaze.

Just remember every time you think kindly or badly about money you become a slave.

Mothy.

Life is not life until it eats your soul away and you rebirth that death again and start again.

Mothy

Fish and chips please1

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHRIHBRcDM

Is that the smell of green grass cut I can smell?

Just remeber You as Ego does not represent all thtat is ego.

Can I have chicken please I do not care care how it has been killed.
Smellls better that burning tar. MMMMMM

Love is the only truth.

Last edited by mothy on Fri May 18, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: slave to the system
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:36 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

mothy wrote:

So much misrepresentation and so little fact. The case of First National Bank v Jerome Daley was ruled by a Justice of the Peace, which was appealed the next day. The appeal ruled the Justice had no jurisdiction and the ruling was reversed. The bank got the property. Later Jerome was convicted of failure to file tax forms, his attorney was disbarred, and the courts continue to rule such claims are baseless.

Quote:
Having had a bit of wealth in the past I hate the illusionary power of money has over people. The power freaks that control this concept manipulate this illusion for their own needs.

Nothing has worth unless it directly allows survival or someone is willing to give something the directly allows survival in exchange. Gold, for example, is worthless if that is all you have to eat or drink.

Quote:

One of a modified barter system.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:04 am 

My wife and daughter freak out whenever they see my shotgun or its ammo. I tell them that one day, perhaps in their lifetime, ammunition will become a form of currency.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:37 am 

Life is not life until it eats your soul away and you rebirth that death again and start again.

Mothy

Poor mothy with his soul eaten away, apparently.
Fos, if your wife freaks out seeing shotgun ammo, show her an 80mm armor piercing cannon shell!!
Ammo, and guns, too, will be "a form of currency". So will food of all kinds(including human bodies). Gold and other precious metals will be worth more than any paper fiat money------for a while. Water and gas will have great value, too. Oils and other lubricants, also.
None will be worth much if you can't keep them from being stolen. Desperate people become gangs of killers, and will turn on each other to eat, eventually.
Economic, then population collapse, eco-collapses, and then a polluted malevolent biosphere and ELE. A 200K year bottleneck of harsh times. Then gradual rebirth over the next 2 million years. New species, very few old.
Intelligent large cockroach archeologists discover many bones of interior skeleton animals that appear to have been the cause of a large collapse......
\:D/ :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
mothy wrote:

So much misrepresentation and so little fact. The case of First National Bank v Jerome Daley was ruled by a Justice of the Peace, which was appealed the next day. The appeal ruled the Justice had no jurisdiction and the ruling was reversed. The bank got the property. Later Jerome was convicted of failure to file tax forms, his attorney was disbarred, and the courts continue to rule such claims are baseless.

You are commenting on the particulars while missing the point of his post! It's as if you are intentionally adverting his message and inquiry by taking the specific case of "First National Bank vs. Jerome Daley" and making it the focal point .... when it was never intended to be. Jerome's particular circumstance was not the point.

Quote:

Nothing has worth unless it directly allows survival or someone is willing to give something the directly allows survival in exchange. Gold, for example, is worthless if that is all you have to eat or drink.

Now it is money ..... in the past is was copper or wheat or some sort of commodity that was valued. Paper money is just paper like gold is just gold. Neither gold nor paper money is food.

Quote:

One of a modified barter system.

Is that all it is? If it is just a "modified" barter system? Seems it has evolved and morphed since the simplicity of bartering one need for another. The very foundation of our society .... which we have essentially created, is fundamentally corrupt. Are we simply and equitably just trading our oceans for oil or our quality of life itself for a factory that that uses human life for profit? This is just a sampling ..... what the Moth is pointing to is the roots of a corrupt society which is taken for "normal", or "business as usual". Using one another as if we are separate and not all sailing on the same boat. The business model, which is, business as usual.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:03 am 

Fosgate wrote:
My wife and daughter freak out whenever they see my shotgun or its ammo. I tell them that one day, perhaps in their lifetime, ammunition will become a form of currency.

Maybe so .... but I'd bet that a bottle of whiskey wil buy out the ammo in no time ..... if we should ever get to that day. In the meantime, we have today with no guarantees of any future day.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:41 am 

Quote:
Fos, if your wife freaks out seeing shotgun ammo, show her an 80mm armor piercing cannon shell!!
Ammo, and guns, too, will be "a form of currency". So will food of all kinds(including human bodies). Gold and other precious metals will be worth more than any paper fiat money------for a while. Water and gas will have great value, too. Oils and other lubricants, also.
None will be worth much if you can't keep them from being stolen. Desperate people become gangs of killers, and will turn on each other to eat, eventually.

If and when it becomes that bad ..... I hope my chops are tasty! Or I hope yours are!
This is an imaginary vision of how it will turn out. It is possible, but could it be different?

Maybe we will get it together in other ways while the current structure crumbles. Perhaps, by that time, we will have deconstructed our fences and will have the smarts and desire for survival to propel our individualistic ambitions into an attitude and perspective that favors the well being of entire communities. It is happening now, inspite of governments and corporate interests. While Shell and Mobile and Nike are loudly and publicly raking in profits, small communities are springing up everywhere to do the actual work of looking after themselves .... and they are not so noisy.

Quote:
Economic, then population collapse, eco-collapses, and then a polluted malevolent biosphere and ELE. A 200K year bottleneck of harsh times. Then gradual rebirth over the next 2 million years. New species, very few old.

Your dream sounds worse than the end of times.

Quote:
Intelligent large cockroach archeologists discover many bones of interior skeleton animals that appear to have been the cause of a large collapse......

Maybe ..... but then again, maybe not. Depends on the dreamer; depends on the dream. Your vision is consistently catastrophic with GOOD REASON. The basis of how we fare in the future is dependent on how we fare now and there is nothing you or I can do about it on the global level if we do not know how to behave on the micro level.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:40 pm 

It could very well be that no intelligent (human like, with sciences, et al) species evolves on Earth again.

If everyone lived as I have done, global malevolent climate change would be reversing and so would overpopulation. If done when I did it(one child in 1988), the population crash would have been narrowly averted. The same with low eco/carbon footprint lifestyle (1998).

We can only do our part in our own lives and educate others, vote for who may be better toward those objectives, and actively promote lower population and green lifestyles in any way we can. Through memberships to activist orgs, putting up posters, organizing screenings of various eco movies, contacting representatives, and posting on the internet.
http://dieoff.org/
From back in the old days as mgopilot (still am @gmail)

It is unlikely that I would become benevolent king of the world with the power to stop the madness, so I am content that I do what I can.
http://www.well.com/user/davidu/extinction.html

Last edited by Johhny Electriglide on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:54 am 

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
It could very well be that no intelligent (human like, with sciences, et al) species evolves on Earth again.

Quote:
This is so true. It could be.

Quote:
If everyone lived as I have done, global malevolent climate change would be reversing and so would overpopulation. If done when I did it (one child in 1988), the population crash would have been narrowly averted. The same with low eco/carbon footprint lifestyle (1998).

Quote:
Yes, but not economically, educationally or culturally possible for so many around the globe. If everyone had done what you have done is a "what if" story because not everyone did or will do. You have made a beautiful case for what could be done and this is your offering. Offer more ... please! Constructive, educational, informed .... in the way of leaving a lighter footprint.

And the impetus, desire, motivation for leaving a lighter footprint comes from a place that we all share, .... even while many of us are subjugated to crippling economic, religious, and cultural ideologies and systems ... their are some clear voices in the wilderness.

The situation we have created for ourselves is entirely our reponsibility.

We are still faced with the reality of our present day because not everyone did the "right" thing .... which can then be seen for an ideal, a concept, a fantasy. We are where we are and I have personally given up on politicians in order to make room for communities who are not as dependent on the funding of corporations. Pockets of concerned individuals, who live as in community, will be the only real way to make a difference. We cannot rely on governments any longer. We can still vote .... but our energies must be spent with each other rather than with concepts or ideals or some sort of government plan, unless it, itself, is localized. If we can build our communities on the reality of our inherent interconnected natures, the Earth may have a chance.

Quote:
We can only do our part in our own lives and educate others, vote for who may be better toward those objectives, and actively promote lower population and green lifestyles in any way we can. Through memberships to activist orgs, putting up posters, organizing screenings of various eco movies, contacting representatives, and posting on the internet.

This is to the point. Our lives are so short, so ephemeral in nature .... that one wonders if there is anything to do at all in terms of "changing" or "saving" the world. We enter and leave the stage in a short period of "time". We live in our communities, and while I cannot change what is happening in Africa, I can act from a place of understanding that we are all connected in this very human adventure and I can live that truth in my particular community. It is not mine or yours, but ours. We share it. We need to really get this because until we do, we will act from a perspective of separation which breeds contempt and violence. From the perspective of separation, all kinds of mischeif ensues.

Quote:
It is unlikely that I would become benevolent king of the world with the power to stop the madness, so I am content that I do what I can.
http://www.well.com/user/davidu/extinction.html

But you are a benevolent king .... nothing wrong with being an unsung hero, quietly tending the garden ... wearing a crown of .... that which you can generously and lovingly offer. That is precisely what a benevolent king does, and we are all loyalty here, all loyal participants with big lion-hearts for the offering. But our regal nature is also swamped with the ideololgies of either Democrat or Republican, this religion or that, this nationality or that .... all of which are just concepts of separation when there is no way to deny that we are all here together in the very same boat, a very small ship, regardless.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:01 pm 

animal-friendly wrote:
In the meantime, we have today with no guarantees of any future day.

Well then, why not just raise unmitigated hell?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:12 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Fosgate wrote:
animal-friendly wrote:

You mean we aren't? :shock: :twisted:

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:38 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
animal-friendly wrote:

*I* am, but not because of some malarky argument like "no guarantees for tomorrow". :twisted: How 'bout you?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:12 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
animal-friendly wrote:

Fosgate wrote:
*I* am, but not because of some malarky argument like "no guarantees for tomorrow". :twisted: How 'bout you?

I subscribe to the thoughts ... "but Momma, that's where the fun is" if you catch my drift.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:02 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
animal-friendly wrote:

*I* am, but not because of some malarky argument like "no guarantees for tomorrow". :twisted: How 'bout you?[/quote]

It's not an argument. While it may be probable ....it is in no way guaranteed. Or is your life devoid of malarky? Lucky you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:46 am 

animal-friendly wrote:
It's not an argument. While it may be probable ....it is in no way guaranteed. Or is your life devoid of malarky? Lucky you!

I've grown adept at avoiding it, calling it to the carpet if unavoidable. I slip at every now and then, even slinging a bit of if myself when I'm in the mood.