[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Breast Cancer

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:40 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I use herbs and vitamins, home grown food, and knowledge started when I read a book on nutrition while waiting from late AM to late after noon winds to die down while a crop sprayer in June of '72. I was one of the last to spray DDT in the US. I got accidentally poisoned by Toxaphene which hit just as I was diving into a field surrounded by wires. Took 15 minutes to wear off enough to do the job, and until the afternoon to fully feel OK.
It started me on a quest for nutritional and agricultural knowledge (along with my other numerous quests for knowledge). I learned some things too late to save family and friends, but have helped others. Sure, a lot of stuff is hype, and there are a lot of nutritional supplement profiteers and frauds. Not everything can be cured or helped. I do not remember the last time I got sick. I take supplements for traumatic arthritis which have minimal effect. The ones for my heart have kept it and my arteries clear and healthy. The anti-cancer ones and immunity ones have kept me from getting cancers others my age and younger got, and free of sickness.
I am in a high risk category from Agent Orange exposure, smoking up until 4-4-04, heavy drinking from '86 to '96, family history of heart disease and cancer. I have to take extra Liv 52 for Hep C I got from the blood of RVN wounded. I cut back too much and damage began to return that had been removed by the stuff. Can't get by with insufficient doses. I can't always get what I need even from my Earthship and outside garden foods, so take kelp and veg & fruit pills. Radiation from the sun can cause burn in as little as 15 minutes many days here at 8,880'.
These things really work, but require a great deal of study and wisdom in their use.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:43 am 

Juice Plus vitamins are wicked awesome. The wife had some prescribed long ago but she never took them. I eventually started them and wow, my vision noticably improved, and this was when it wasn't even a problem. My energy level was such that I could stay up late and not feel tired. I could go to sleep any time I wanted within reason and the sleep itself was always very restful. Today I take Flintstones vitamins and get nearly the same effect with 3-4 a day. Much cheaper.

I've always bought fruits and vegetables from little old guys that sell out of the back of their trucks. They just taste better (and the produce is good too #-o ). For all I know, they use more synthetic fertilizers than those who grow the bland counterparts at the supermarket. Frankly, I don't care. My diet is sufficiently rich in nutrients.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:08 am 

On the topic of DDT.

Breast cancer had been rising steadily in Israel for 25 years, but rates dropped sharply between 1976 and 1986. The only apparent reason they could come up with was a banning of organochlorine pesticides (DDT, BHC and lindane) that had been enacted in the 1970s.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:18 am 

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:39 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am