EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:58 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Spongebob wrote:
Yes Spot interesting indeed but one would think you are trying to connect dots to something and looking to deeply at it without any proof of why, or who and I believe that is in essence a breach of my human rights, seeing as every person is meant to be seen as innocent till proven guilty and not guilty of something from the start per say, can see your train of thought already without any explanation on my part as to why I posted this on this thread, when it would have been more apt on the greenland one, seeing as they are doing a similair project there with a similair drill. I take it I must be a climate denier because I posted an original research project that not only have none of the "well read" members of the forum not even heard about but it shows serious issues surrounding the level of ice loss in previous interglacials and yet we haven't even reached the peak temperature being 3-5C higher than today(or average Ice loss being far greater) or reached the 20+ metres higher sea levels than today in the region..

I'm just a bloke posting reasonable questions to the internet not a member of the Stazi taking your fingernails off with pliers, I think your stretching the definition of human rights a bit far. The thread is about the BEST study. Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions but the fact someone does not want to talk about something that does not advance the skeptic cause and wants take the discussion in a totally different tangent is something that I have seen before. I'm not being sarcastic here I'm honestly confused as to your motivation, since it's a new subject unrelated to the BEST project why not just start a new thread?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:54 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Spongebob wrote:
Apologies for drunk post last night and missing link. I did make another post before I finished my 25 year old bottle of balvenie and went to bed but the mods seem not to have accepted it, don't think I was as rude as Wayne but am new posting here even though been reading the forum for a while and maybe that level of banter is not allowed. If you did think I was too rude for Wayne then I apologise other mods but arrogance isn't pretty in any field of work and while his heart is in the right place he does have a certain air about him that he thinks he is better than everyone else have seen it before over the last 8ish years on other forums.

No, we have lives and sometimes it takes a while to get a particular post approved. The system is supposed to flag them in a couple of ways, but if there are a lot of spam posts the real posts may not be seen as quickly.

With only 8 years you are a noob .... :mrgreen: :razz: We have more time than that on the second incarnation here after the big crash and had to start over.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:07 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Spongebob wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Tim the Plumber wrote:
Has this been peer reviwed or is it an independant study?

I believe both now apply actually. The study was funded by the skeptic groups an undertaken by a skeptic, the data was released prior to publication, but I believe has now been peer reviewed.

http://berkeleyearth.org/papers/

Isn't this where you should be making it clear you are talking about the paper Tim discussed because as it stands it does give the impression you are talking about the ANDRILL project being funded by sceptics until you open the link?

Given the title and the references Tim gave to urban heat impacts, I thought the context was clear, but in case of confusion it can be clarified. Yes, I was speaking about the BEST program which was the initial point of discussion in the thread.

Quote:
We all make mistakes Wayne, I see you are human after all :clap:

I am human and do make mistakes. I think it was on a Tuesday when I made mine. :lol:

Quote:
Am glad you couldn't read my mind last night, a quarter of a bottle of whisky from 1974 to finish the night messed it up so much I couldn't even understand it as is clear from the wrong link for the second quote, last time I finish a weekend of celebrations like that for a while.

Congrats on whatever it was you were celebrating.

Quote:
I am sure if you look at the final review paper that is available on the andrill.org site you will see it is in the paper, along with the remarks they have found evidence of the medieval warm period and little ice age in the cores, in the southern most part of the southern hemisphere, would have thought it.

Yes graphs can be, believe any scientist or wanna be statistician can make graphs represent what they want, it is only when you come to a representation of the raw data like the one shown in my op that it is hard to dispute.

But the graph in your OP was not referenced and could not be known to represent anything. What was not really represented is the time frame error margins, which can really skew the graph if it is to be taken as an accurate depiction of the time period.

Quote:
So lets stop with the bashing of the new poster and look at the paper (and all the research behind it) and the reason I felt it important after all this time reading this forum and not joining to post this piece of research before but posted it in this thread.

That will be easier now there are some links with which to work.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:39 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Tim the Plumber wrote:

This one is also an independant study (although done by serious scientists and submitted for publication);

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/29/p ... more-68286

Quote:
New study shows half of the global warming in the USA is artificial

According to one comment writer, a study of U.S. stations.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:59 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

ralfy wrote:
Tim the Plumber wrote:

This one is also an independant study (although done by serious scientists and submitted for publication);

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/29/p ... more-68286

Quote:
New study shows half of the global warming in the USA is artificial

According to one comment writer, a study of U.S. stations.

Which has not been peer reviewed or accepted for publication by any publication, repected or not.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein