[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

http://whtc.com/news/articles/2012/jun/ ... eedom-at-/

The latest on Watson....or, as I call him, Gilligan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:20 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

That is disrepectful of Bob Denver, may he rest in peace, to compare his character to Watson's character.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:40 pm 

I stand corrected. And standing makes it hard to type....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 am 

Watson is a disgrace to Conservation minded Marine Biologists understanding of how to balance eco-systems. When Marine Biology which does study the ecology get to make educated choices as to management of such over numbered predators such as seals they should not need to fight battles with the Sea Shepherd society and their fake captain Watson. He has no papers as a Captain & certainly none as a Marine biologist but he does have the market cornered in how to manipulate a ship of fools and self-righteous bigots against the lifestyle of Peoples who live off the sea. .

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:28 am 

Any word on Watson and his legal snafu?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:46 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:29 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

The following is an urgent message from Captain Paul Watson………….

I need your help! I have been under arrest and held in Germany for two months, and there is just one month to go before my impending extradition request may be granted to Costa Rica. A Visual Petition (now through July 20th) and Day of Action on July 20th is being planned to help aid in my release. This is the second day of action that has been planned since my arrest on May 13th.

If extradited, I could be held in a Costa Rican prison for up to one year before being granted trial. During that time, the $25,000 bounty on my head by the Shark Fin Mafia may be carried out! This is a serious situation and my safety cannot be guaranteed, no matter the assurances I receive from the government of Costa Rica. Second to drugs, the shark fin industry generates the most money on the black market! The poachers who are claiming these bogus charges would love to stop Sea Shepherd and they have millions to lose in illicit profits, but the price our oceans and our future will pay if sharks are driven to extinction will be much greater.

This case is politically motivated, and the German Minister has the power to have me immediately released. Your help is needed to fight the extradition proceedings and secure my release! I urge you to write to the German officials in power and reiterate what InterPol already has — this case is politically motivated and should be dismissed.

Speak out! Write to German officials, join our Visual Petition (and contest), and participate in the Day of Action.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 am 

Good gravy. :crazy:

Does this clown even listen to himself any longer?

He's worried about the shark fin mafia? I'd be more concerned about the chicken mcnugget gangsters...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:12 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:26 pm 

The great believer in law enforcement & beyond has skipped bail. I hope they send the meanest bounty hunter on the planet to take him back to face the charges.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/25 ... stination/

Paul Watson, an early member of Greenpeace and the founder of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, was arrested in Germany two months ago at the request of Costa Rica, where he is accused of having endangered the crew of a fishing vessel.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:48 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:23 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

What a guy, gets the job done

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:32 am 

Tom: You'd be hard put to find a bigger con-man in the public eye then Watson.
But: I always figured his scams would run their course and he'd have to face the music.

It will be interesting to see who takes over for him. Sea Shepard is now basically dependent on the animal planet to stay afloat, money-wise. My guess is once the whale-hunting harrassing stops producing money for them; they'll switch to another target to make money feeling concerned about.