It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ANDRILL
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:42 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

spot1234 wrote:
Snowy123 wrote:

Perhaps you misunderstood about what I had meant by solid references.

Linking to the ThinkProgress blog, which is run by one of the worst alarmists is not a source that I would consider to be robust. How about some peer reviewed science for a change?

If sensitivity to doubling of CO2 is only around 0.55 Degrees C (which is a value that I have roughly calculated for the sensitivity based off of the ignored indirect solar forcing) then such claims are amazingly alarmist.

The IPCC's GCMs being higher than the observed with Arctic Sea Ice Extent may very well be due to the fact that the models underestimate the strong sources of natural variability that exist in nature.

There is no evidence that such extreme weather events have been fueled by Climate Change, it is simply meaningless speculation.

Also, you misuse the terminology of several words in your third paragraph. Just because I am a skeptic about the IPCC's AGW Hypothesis does not mean that I am not concerned about genuine environmental concerns like such that I have mentioned above.

You also deflected my question about deforestation legistlature. Where have you seen deforestation get as much attention as Climate Change does in Congress?

What counts as solid references in the court of snowy's brain? I posted a link to the Kinnard et al a paper appearing in Nature and you dismissed it. You are still making the same assertions that the record ice loss in the arctic can be handwaved away. However the fact that someone somewhere has suggested that cosmic rays and cloud levels are linked has convinced you that it's an Axiomatic truth. The fact that food prices have gone up is undisputed The fact that Climate change and drought and floods are linked is supported by many scientific papers The fact that the effects of climate change will increase in the future is also supported by solid research. You claim to be a climate change researcher, look shit up.

To be concerned about this is not a crime yet you attempt to drown out anyone expressing those concerns with nonsense why is that? Why would I know in depth about legislation in a different country anyway.

And I do know what a psychotic is, I would not have used that word otherwise

Stop trying to throw a red herring to divert the discussion.

I had asked for peer reviewed and scientific articles that specifically supported the notion that Climate Change would lead to more deaths, and you posted the ramblings of a random blogger, something that anyone can do. Not very impressive if you ask anyone objective on this subject.

Given that for some of your claims, there is no scientific rigor to back up, why should anyone take any of your claims seriously in the future?

You obviously do not know what the word psychotic means at all, or else you wouldn't have used it so grossly out of context.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Snowy123 wrote:

I had asked for peer reviewed and scientific articles that specifically supported the notion that Climate Change would lead to more deaths, and you posted the ramblings of a random blogger, something that anyone can do. Not very impressive if you ask anyone objective on this subject.

Given that for some of your claims, there is no scientific rigor to back up, why should anyone take any of your claims seriously in the future?

You obviously do not know what the word psychotic means at all, or else you wouldn't have used it so grossly out of context.

How Is that diverting the discussion? you asked for solid references, Kinnard et al is obviously not solid according to you despite appearing in nature so I was wondering what would count as solid before I spent a few minutes of my time. I can't see why I should jump through hoops for you. you claim to be a researcher, research. I personally can't see how people would not die from the affects of climate change; Do you have any evidence to suggest they won't?

Do you care?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:36 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

spot1234 wrote:
Snowy123 wrote:

I personally can't see how people would not die from the affects of climate change; Do you have any evidence to suggest they won't?

Do you care?

That pretty much sums up this whole discussion.

Asking me to try and prove a negative is laughably absurd.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

YOU are "laughably absurd". :razz: :razz: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Snowy123 wrote:
spot1234 wrote:
Snowy123 wrote:

I personally can't see how people would not die from the affects of climate change; Do you have any evidence to suggest they won't?

Do you care?

That pretty much sums up this whole discussion.

Asking me to try and prove a negative is laughably absurd.

It is not proving a negative. You are being asked to prove the premise that a vast majority of the people will survive the changes in climate, which is not a negative at all.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:42 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
It is not proving a negative. You are being asked to prove the premise that a vast majority of the people will survive the changes in climate, which is not a negative at all.

I am being asked to prove that deaths will not occur due to Climate Change. That is trying to prove a negative.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:49 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Snowy123 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

I am being asked to prove that deaths will not occur due to Climate Change. That is trying to prove a negative.

Only if you cannot comprehend a different view, as was explained to you already. If that is the case you will not be able to provide proof either way.

How do you provide proof of you will not die? You show evidence that you will live. Logic is easily applied if it is available.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:42 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

It seems to me Snowy that you are being held to the same standards that you demand of everyone else and getting frustrated. Not our problem if the underlying material that you base your arguments on is found wanting.