It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:31 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

spot1234 wrote:
Tim the Plumber wrote:
Quote:
Tell me what are current conditions in the same location?

I don't know but I would imagine that since the general climatic conditions are a bit warmer than then; that the ice has retreated a bit further.

The point I was making is that small changes in climatic conditions often results in very dramatic emotional responces from people.

The climate changes. It varies naturally. The present warmish period is not at all exceptional.

It might be due to CO2. I don't know. I do know that the small effects predicted by the IPCC will never result in the fall of civilisation.

So you spent all that time looking through newspaper clippings from 1922 and never bothered to look at a map and a satellite image telling you where current sea ice is.

Facts aren't very important when you make decisions are they Tim?

I didn't search through news papers of the 1920's, I got the quote from another web-site (of course).

Facts are the only basis for making good decisions. That is why it is important to consider facts which don't show that the current situation is all that unusual.

Again I point out that you are being vastly over emotional given what has been posted. This over-reaction shows that you are feeling extreemly threatened by the facts I have posted. That is the response of a believer losing their religion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
Blowin' out sewage again, eh?
From skeptical science;
"It is wishful thinking to believe that the Arctic sea ice death spiral could simply be due to natural variability. The scientific literature clearly shows that human-caused warming is the main driver behind this exceptionally rapid decline."

http://www.skepticalscience.com/record- ... ennia.html

"(chart in article) summer sea ice extent

Figure 1: Average July through September Arctic sea ice extent 1870-2008 from the University of Illinois (Walsh & Chapman 2001 updated to 2008) and observational data from NSIDC for 2009-2011 (blue), with a fourth order polynomial fit (black solid line). Black vertical dashed lines indicate the years 1938-43."
It also shows your 1922 lowering from previous decade, but the whole thing shows a huge drop from AGW.

and here for any further arguments from the denialists;
http://bravenewclimate.com/spot-the-rec ... al-series/

And to go with the 'death spiral';
http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 06484.html

I guess you just didn't read everything.