[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - A few questions for college project..

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:57 am 
New User
New User

Hi I am currently doing a college project on animal rights and need to get a few 'interviews' from people who are related to my chosen topic. I would really appreciate it if any of you could spare a few minutes to just answer these 7 questions in as much or as little detail as you would like.

1. Are you a vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, raw-vegan or other?
2. How long have you been any of the above?
3. Why did you decide to become on of the above?
4. What is your favourite meal to cook?
5. Who is your favourite (famous or not) animal rights activist?
6. If you had to choose just one animal rights issue that you felt most strongly about which would it be out of the following and one reason why?-
-Animals being used for food
-Animals being used for clothing
-Animals being used for entertainment
-Animals being used for experimentation
-Animals as pets being abused and neglected
7. Whats your opinion on the animal rights myth that 'Animal rights activists care more about animals than people'?

Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:35 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

I am not a vegetarian... So I guess I can't answer. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Hi I am currently doing a college project on animal rights and need to get a few 'interviews' from people who are related to my chosen topic. I would really appreciate it if any of you could spare a few minutes to just answer these 7 questions in as much or as little detail as you would like.

}}Omnivore{{{
}}}63 years{{{
}}}I decided I liked the taste of wild game and fish, and wild rice by 7 years old. I liked oatmeal, and many vegetables and fruits, too{{{
}}}Sun oven chicken and sun oven zucchini whole grain bread{{{
}}}I dislike all of them{{{
6. If you had to choose just one animal rights issue that you felt most strongly about which would it be out of the following and one reason why?-
-Animals as pets being abused and neglected}}}Out of the limited choices, this one, I suppose.
You forget that human overpopulation is driving extinctions, and human pollution is changing the climate toward an even more massive extinction with thermageddon. So those two are much more important than ARs of a few species.{{{
7. Whats your opinion on the animal rights myth that 'Animal rights activists care more about animals than people'?
}}}I think it is somewhat true. They are certainly misguided when stopping HGHGs 90% within this decade is paramount to save ~90% of all species (plant, animal, and including humans) from horrible extinction by a 31*F temperature rise in one millennium with methane turnover.{{{

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:00 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

(Omnivore)
(Lifetime. Don't plan on changing.)
(Because it is what we are naturally inclined to do.)
(Lasagna, usually with ground lamb. But I also like cold cereal... A lot.)
(Animals rights is one of the biggest grassroots movements in the country. You will find that ALL activists either A. live in the city or B. have never actually been in contact with any animals aside from pets. We have many pressing problems in the country, ranging from welfare abuse, improper economic policies, overtaxation, recessions, and a massive culture shift at the younger generation level. I honestly (and I say this in the nicest way possible) do not care about animal rights. The only rights I give them are food, water, shelter, vet care, and lots of open space. I do not give them the right to vote, or pretend that they want to be released into the wild when what they are actually thinking is "why won't he give us more &%^$ grain?")
-Animals as pets being abused and neglected
(I guess the last one. Animals for food provide sustenance. Yes, they have to die to do it, but look at nature. Death is a part of the circle of life, fear of it accomplishes nothing. Dairy animals provide food without dying, therefore there is nothing possibly ethically wrong with that.
Animals for clothing, again, same thing. I don't agree with clubbing baby seals, ok, but leather furniture doesn't hurt anything when it is basically a waste product of processing.
Animals for entertainment - there are a thousand different ways this could go.
Animals for experimentation - it saves lives. And I really don't care how many rats they drop off the catwalks.)

You're welcome.
But seriously, you may be insulted by what I've just said (if you do read it). But you seem intelligent, and enthusiastic. But in the wrong way. It makes no sense, and never will. Go be a farm intern for a couple months; you will get a whole new perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:26 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:32 am 
New User
New User

thanks for the replies, has really helped me out. However, Heritage Farm - 'But seriously, you may be insulted by what I've just said (if you do read it). But you seem intelligent, and enthusiastic. But in the wrong way. It makes no sense, and never will. Go be a farm intern for a couple months; you will get a whole new perspective.' I would love to know what you mean by 'in the wrong way'? Im simply collecting qualitative data for my project and do not understand how you could get an opinion on myself from some written words on a computer screen? But thanks anyway, your replies were useful, as with everyone else's :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:55 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

My mistake... I assumed you were in favor of animal rights, and now I don't know if you are or not...

Ann Vole: Your goals are admirable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:42 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:39 pm