[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Butter Up!!!

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Butter Up!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:38 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

This is about action height and sting treatment for electric rock/Blues/Metal guitars, not some lame story about baseball garbage.
I like to keep my action height around 3/32" and use Dunlop55 or Finger Ease to increase my shredding speed. I also use Big Bends Sauce for any place that needs it.
How about anyone else? Any other acid rockers, blues people, or metal head players, or just a bunch of buffoons. :razz: :lol: 8) :-

Post subject: Re: Butter Up!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:24 am 

Any other acid rockers, blues people, or metal head players, or just a bunch of buffoons. :razz: :lol: 8) :-

I also mess around with a E303 keyboard, a sitar, and a hurdy gurdy.
Today I played my Douglas HSH neck through w/Floyd into a new rotating speaker simulator out to two amps for the most of the Leslie type effect. Later I played the Fernandes Revolver Pro 81 using a variety of amp models and effects on my Roland Cube 80XL into the Carvin 4x12, with its onboard 1x12, too. Varied use of the sustainer. High gain, chorus, flanger, phaser, echo, reverb, all to varying degrees at different times, even the acoustic simulator. Blues, rock, metal and mixtures of them. Heavy as usual. Meaning trippy and grooving, deep, taking you places in the universe and in your heart.
Well, my wife and her friend, my son, and even the UPS man liked it. I did, and so did God. O:) =D> :clap: =D> :clap: \:D/ :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:27 pm 

Just baseball buffoons here????
It usually takes a higher IQ to be a musician, especially guitar. Especially heavy acid rock/blues/metal.
You would think at an environmental site their would be a few other deep musicians, and less baseball garbage stories.
I am ashamed at a once more avid environmentalist from the cornbelt. :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:39 pm 

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2009 ... s_rock.htm

For those interested....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:31 pm 

I've built 9 guitars and one dulcimer, not the guitar hero crap----the real thing. Plus dozens of hot rod mods to guitars.
Like the one I played today and yesterday, a Washburn Idol with special humbucker rings that split coils and reverse phase, improved tuners and nut, and Seymour Duncan JB bridge and Jazz neck pickups. A real rocker. 8) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:49 am 

While I certainly do not have any talent at guitar playing, listening to it is another matter and is definitely more pleasurable than watching paint dry, er, I mean watching baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:06 am 

As the saying goes: no accounting for taste.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:27 am 

It wouldn't be so bad if it was real in a real sports forum, but its not. I've seen a few good games and played in some too, from 10 to 16, then I grew out of it. Playing guitar is much harder. An Iron Maiden concert is ten times better than watching a baseball, basketball, football, soccer, or hockey game. Hearing myself play is also much better. However, I would rather watch a baseball game that a rap "concert" or "boy band" garbage, or joke girl garbage. \:D/ :mrgreen: Or better yet , read a good Clive Cussler book or some science fact. Or watch the wildlife and listen to the songs and wind.

I noticed these phony computer generated spammer spy names at the bottom----WTF??? BAN 'EM!!!
suedishilally (28), fluemilymmed (27), attaskutimi (26), TedCefTfize #-o ](*,) :razz: :twisted: [-X [-( :-& =; :-({|= :x 8) :-({|= :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:50 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Played for 42 years.

So what glue do you use? :lolno:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:22 am 

I have been playing guitar since 1965 (48 years), and when I build, I use a variety of glues, depending on the purpose and where on the instrument (often carpenter's wood glue).
If you have indeed been playing guitar for 42 years, then we should have much in common, unless you are a bassist or pure acoustic, pop, rap-crap, or country player. Most of the time being a musician is a sign of high intelligence, but you seem to be an exception. 8)

http://www.skepticalscience.com/No-alte ... -down.html

Last edited by Johhny Electriglide on Sun May 12, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

I'm a session guitarist, play a range of instruments too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm 

Are ya'll as good as this 14yr old?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:06 pm 

Yeah, I saw him a while back imitating Buddy. A lot of other good teen players, but few that are really heavy like I am.
My playing literally puts people into another world. :mrgreen:
Science Shows How Guitar Players' Brains Are Actually Different from Everybody Else's
"But part of this ability to synchronize actually comes from one overarching truth about guitarists: they're more intuitive than most.

It sounds weird to solo while hooked up to a scanning machine, but a few brave guitarists pulled it off and contributed a major finding to the science of guitars. Researchers found that, when a guitarist shreds, he or she temporarily deactivates the brain region that routinely shuts down when achieving big-picture goals, signalling a shift from conscious to unconscious thought.

And when mere mortals (non-musicians) attempt a solo, the conscious portion of their brain stays on, which indicates that real guitarists are able to switch to this more creative and less practical mode of thinking more easily."
http://www.policymic.com/articles/88357 ... -different

I also wonder if super pro multiple rated pilots also have a better brain. I also think that those of us who flew heroic Dustoff day after day in combat, have a different sort of brain, or is it a set of morals?

Then there is this, and my wife says it's true;
Two New Studies Suggest Women Are More Attracted to a Man Holding a Guitar
http://www.guitarworld.com/two-new-stud ... ing-guitar
:mrgreen: :-({|= :mrgreen: :-({|= :mrgreen: =D> :crazy: :lolno: :clap: 8)