EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 1348
I feel tired writing this but is the world/humankind about to suffer?

Global financial meltdown make wars good for money and financial welfare for 'society' whatever that means.

Who really runs our countries and what is their personality profile?

I see psychopaths.

The system screws genuine people up and will eventually kill them.

If you are in a good job then you are a happy slave.

Democracy has one goal by those that construct/adhere to the agenda and that is to deceive.

Nepotism is a poison that is past down. A selfish act. A selfish purpose. To carry on the gene pool.

This reality has been hijacked by evil bas'ards.

Evil bas'ards that will move onto fascism when democracy dies a natural death.

Be true to your spirit and not to the system.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2317
Location: Central Colorado
http://greedylyingbastards.com/


Financial collapse is close............2014-25 and world depression/falling living standards in the "first world" especially.
Ecological collapse is getting closer.......with depletion and pollution driving down food and water supplies to far less than starving over half the world, with rampant fighting, diseases and cannibalism, circa 2040 to 2070.
"Dr. Jack Alpert insists that no real action will take place until the general public realizes that in the not too distant future, their children and grandchildren will become killers, or be killed - that their children or grandchildren will eat other people, or be eaten. I think he is correct - brutally harsh, but still correct."
Then in 500 years thermal maximum and the finish of the 6th extinction including humans on Earth and 85-90% of all species extant at the start of this interglacial epoch.
About to suffer? They already are, and it will get incrementally worse. I can hear the crying of the children who will never be, down the hallway of time that will never come. Existence, sustainable, that could have been.....ruined until out of time by greed, selfishness, ignorance, stupidity, lust with unreasoning and lack of foresight. :-({|=

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:03 am 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 pm
Posts: 179
mothy wrote:

Who really runs our countries ......?

I'd say generally special interest groups. It may not be what we want in our heart of hearts but it is apparently what we are willing to settle for because we keep electing the same folks who make the rules over and over again. And who doesn't have a special interest that they identify with?

Quote:
Be true to your spirit and not to the system.

My spirit tells me:

MORE TREES, LESS PEOPLE!

TOOLS FOR NEED, NOT GREED!

But it hasn't exactly caught on yet. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:39 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2317
Location: Central Colorado
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
http://greedylyingbastards.com/


Financial collapse is close............2014-25 and world depression/falling living standards in the "first world" especially.
Ecological collapse is getting closer.......with depletion and pollution driving down food and water supplies to far less than starving over half the world, with rampant fighting, diseases and cannibalism, circa 2040 to 2070.
"Dr. Jack Alpert insists that no real action will take place until the general public realizes that in the not too distant future, their children and grandchildren will become killers, or be killed - that their children or grandchildren will eat other people, or be eaten. I think he is correct - brutally harsh, but still correct."
Then in 500 years thermal maximum and the finish of the 6th extinction including humans on Earth and 85-90% of all species extant at the start of this interglacial epoch.
About to suffer? They already are, and it will get incrementally worse. I can hear the crying of the children who will never be, down the hallway of time that will never come. Existence, sustainable, that could have been.....ruined until out of time by greed, selfishness, ignorance, stupidity, lust with unreasoning and lack of foresight. :-({|=

The corporate/corrupt government performing acts against the will of the majority, like the corrupt and stupid ecologically and nationally Senate "reform" bill that is a disaster if a corrupted House lets something like that happen. I wonder why you didn't take this post on, and went simple Simon instead, Dingo. :mrgreen:

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:09 pm 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 pm
Posts: 179
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
http://greedylyingbastards.com/
The corporate/corrupt government performing acts against the will of the majority, like the corrupt and stupid ecologically and nationally Senate "reform" bill that is a disaster if a corrupted House lets something like that happen. I wonder why you didn't take this post on, and went simple Simon instead, Dingo. :mrgreen:


How do we know the will of the majority other than how they vote? Why can't the public be as corrupt as the government they vote for and the corporations they depend on and therefore support.

I'm quite willing to see it as a junky-dependency relationship but it took endless choices by the broad public to get us there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:15 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2317
Location: Central Colorado
I have personally witnessed polls and participated when possible since 1992, that showed the American Will.
Here's more; https://www.numbersusa.com/content/lear ... nesty.html

I don't believe the votes always get counted right, and most voting districts, even if a different party wins, have to go with what the state average is. Only one or two states are different. It is a travesty that urban areas that slightly outnumber rural areas much larger and more productive, take the state. The USA is not a Democracy, but a Representative Republic. Here we have two recall elections because the guy and girl elected did not go with the will of their constituents.
From what I can see has happened in 64 years is a great country reduced to less and less, with over-and improper immigration, corruption in office, both parties, and takeover by corporate and anti-American special interest money.
When old mothy asked about the world about to suffer, the world is suffering from overpopulation's effects right now and will get much worse before the die-off, and then much worse for the survivors until AETM, when they will go extinct with most other life.
The 10-15% of species that survive will slowly mutate into new species after the 230K year resequestration of CO2 and other pollution, and in 3 million or so years it will be much like it was, except different species and no humans or intelligent life.
Too bad that people just would not listen and act enough in time from Earth Day One on.

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:09 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2317
Location: Central Colorado
This is a good article, except you have erase an ad and ignore others. One statement is generally wrong in that long term limits have been exceeded for a long time. ](*,) :-$
http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gener ... ation.html

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:20 am 
Offline
New User
New User

Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:39 am
Posts: 6
Thanks for the link! Generally I would say that the world is much better than 200 years ago - in terms of wars or living and health conditions. However, new problems have risen, I would say they're not as... "dangerous" than the problems of the 19th century for example but they're going to endanger us in another, more and more disturbing way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:31 am 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 pm
Posts: 179
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
This is a good article, except you have erase an ad and ignore others. One statement is generally wrong in that long term limits have been exceeded for a long time. ](*,) :-$
http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gener ... ation.html


Good article. Here's a quote I like.

Quote:
It's not just one substitute we'll have to find. And, we may be faced with having to find many all at once. The idea that technological innovation will always and everywhere stay ahead of an ever increasing rate of depletion may be true or not true. But we cannot know this ahead of time.

In fact, if it were true, why hasn't technological innovation brought oil prices down to where they were in the 1990s before the run-up of the last decade? There's no commodity more central to the functioning of our economy; and, there's been huge spending by the oil industry and deployment of revolutionary new techniques. Yet, the price remains stubbornly high. The glut that was promised year after year has failed to materialize. The problem is not that technological innovation has ceased; it's that it may not be enough.

And so, we are assuming huge risks by taking it on faith that all hurdles to the continuance of our technical civilization as it stands can be overcome in time and forever by technological advances. We are taking it on faith, essentially, that we will never screw up so badly that our highly-efficient, just-in-time economy will cease to grow and finally decline until it reaches a level that can be sustained by a much simpler and less technically advanced set of practices, probably for a much smaller population.

It stands to reason that even the RATE of technological advancement must have a limit. Humans are not infinite in their powers of reason. Even with computers, we cannot innovate at infinite speeds.

It is the rate issue that Albert Bartlett spent the last half of his life trying to bring to the fore in the minds of the public and policymakers. While many in the scientific community have now come to understand his message, the broader public and policymakers still seem largely in the dark. Rates, and particularly exponential growth, are clearly not easy to grasp; otherwise, so many more human beings would have grasped these concepts.

But we have Albert Bartlett to thank for relentlessly reminding us that we should pay attention to the simple math that refutes our notions of endless growth. He asks in his lecture the following question:

Can you think of any problem on any scale, from microscopic to global, whose long-term solution is in any demonstrable way aided, assisted or advanced by having larger populations at the local level, the state level, the national level, or globally?

So far, I can't think of any.


Nor can I.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:44 am 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 pm
Posts: 179
Philly76 wrote:
Generally I would say that the world is much better than 200 years ago - in terms of wars or living and health conditions. However, new problems have risen, I would say they're not as... "dangerous" than the problems of the 19th century for example but they're going to endanger us in another, more and more disturbing way.


Yes we have longer life expectancy and can travel further faster both physically and virtually. On the other hand the winners write history and a lot of aboriginal cultures were wiped out to get here. One difference with the 19th century is there were no world wide end game scenarios. Now we have multiple end game possibilities for the human race. The power to achieve good commonly masks that same power to do terrible things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:16 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2317
Location: Central Colorado
Philly76 wrote:
Thanks for the link! Generally I would say that the world is much better than 200 years ago - in terms of wars or living and health conditions. However, new problems have risen, I would say they're not as... "dangerous" than the problems of the 19th century for example but they're going to endanger us in another, more and more disturbing way.

Well, you are at the right place to get rid of your awful ignorance.
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... ate-change

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group