EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:52 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

So, we have Milton claiming the surface temperatures are overly manipulated if not flat out fabricated ...

Milton Banana wrote:

So, placing multiple stations to maximize urban heat island effect is not enough. Now they have to completely fabricate temperature data.

But he seems to believe in the satellite data being correct .....

Milton Banana wrote:
No warming for the last 18 years according to satellite temperature data. Which gives us voluminous data around the clock and calendar.

And when we compare the two we see a vastly different trend?

Why is the satellite temperatures (blue line) tracking so closely to the surface (red line) temperatures? Could it be due to the misrepresentation of the differences? That is the only explanation of which I can think. Perhaps Milton can explain, but I really doubt it.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:03 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Milton Banana wrote:
Wow. Must have really hit a nerve. :lol:

A legend in your own mind?

Quote:
How do I know when I've done a good job?

1. When Wayne does one of his classic line by line breakdowns. :mrgreen:
2. When more ad hominem attacks are hurled my way. =D>

How will we ever know when you finally understand what an ad hominem is?

Quote:
Marcott et al? The new hockey stick? When the old hockey stick has been discredited we will just do another?

Which old hockey stick would that be? There were about one per year from different papers and different authors through the first decade of this century.

Quote:
Even if I took this study at face value its only recorded a .8 degree increase. They can't even get a full degree out of the stroking of the data? Your scientists aren't very good are they. This is the same old trick of tacking on a completely different methodology at the end of the study along with a proxy study. One or the other. Marcott did the same as Mann and look another hockey stick. Isn't that just precious. :-k

You are really uneducated in science aren't you? Why would you propse using any proxy measurements when instrument data is available? Instrument data is only available back so far, so proxy and instrument data have to be merged if one wishes to look at modern data compared to anything else.

Quote:
Now let's have a look at another study. One that involve empirical data.

This study represents measurable data done with state of the art satellite systems. Now satellite do have problems. They have to be calibrated just like any other device that measures. This is not a simulation. Not a computer model. Not a proxy study. MEASURABLE DATA!!!

And the biggest problem with the satellite data is that is tracks with the surface data Milton claims is manipulated or fabricated. Thus either Milton is lying through his teeth about the accuracy of the two or he is completely clueless about science. Either option seems equally probable at this point.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:11 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Milton Banana wrote:
Marcott et al? The new hockey stick? When the old hockey stick has been discredited we will just do another?

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:08 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Milton Banana wrote:
Every religion has its apocalyptic aspects. I know many skeptics. I know many religious people. I don’t know one fellow skeptic that bases his/her beliefs about climate upon a religious observations. The only denomination I have been exposed to that would answer a poll in this fashion are the Jehovah Witnesses.

This many come to a shock to some but I am a skeptic. This belief has absolutely nothing to do with religion. It has to do with a life time of predictions that never come to pass. It has to do with observed methodology that doesn’t make sense. It has to do with observing a cycle that ebbs and flows, and what we are observing today is nothing outside of that cycle. It has to do with observing obvious climate drivers that the warmunists insist on ignoring. It has to do with cornerstone studies where the scientist involved refuse to allow their work to be replicated. (Smart move on their part because it can’t be replicated, and if it were it would be obvious exactly what kind of cheating took place.) It has to do with hanging all of this on a trace gas that can't possibly do what they say it does. It has to do with observing a nice 6 figure salary many make writing grant proposals, and getting published in a paper that no one reads. It has to do with observing the gravy train rolling out of the federal government to only those who agree to play ball.

Many have observed the modern climate doom and gloom sayers conduct themselves very much like a religion. Haruspication. Foretelling the future by examining the entrails of sacrificial victims. It is just as valid a method as forecasting climate changes by examining small collections of data from narrowly-defined areas. In both cases the prediction depends on what the haruspix wants to happen.

I think the OP is attempting to paint with a board brush a mile wide by posting a poll featuring idiots to prove a point that serves an agenda.

Milt,
Well there are similarities, but those who can make knowledgeable forecasts are not religious figures, but use math and the study of sciences where there is no ambitions except to find and disseminate the truth of what is happening and what will happen with several courses of action.
It is easy to understand skepticism, since science is that way, too. Maybe you just need a bunch more data input in multiple disciplines. Maybe you just, like the majority in the world, are too low an IQ, moral, and educational level to see ahead the consequences of actions.
Remember, we did agree on green conservative issues. If there is no real Arctic Methane Emergency, then going green will not hurt the future in either case. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:58 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Milton Banana wrote:

Marcott et al? The new hockey stick? When the old hockey stick has been discredited we will just do another? Even if I took this study at face value its only recorded a .8 degree increase. They can't even get a full degree out of the stroking of the data? Your scientists aren't very good are they. This is the same old trick of tacking on a completely different methodology at the end of the study along with a proxy study. One or the other. Marcott did the same as Mann and look another hockey stick. Isn't that just precious. :-k

More hypocrisy. Milton can lie for his beliefs but when a real question is raised about the credibility of those few he uses as suport for that flawed belief it is horrible.

Milton Banana wrote:
Quote:
“In recent weeks I have been the target of attacks in the press by various radical environmental and politically motivated groups. This effort should be seen for what it is: a shameless attempt to silence my scientific research and writings, .....

“I am saddened and appalled by this effort, not only because of the personal hurt it causes me and my family and friends, but also because of the damage it does to the integrity of the scientific process. I am willing to debate the substance of my research and competing views of climate change with anyone, anytime, anywhere. It is a shame that those who disagree with me resolutely decline all public debate and stoop instead to underhanded and unscientific ad hominem tactics.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:40 pm 

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
Milton Banana wrote:
Every religion has its apocalyptic aspects. I know many skeptics. I know many religious people. I don’t know one fellow skeptic that bases his/her beliefs about climate upon a religious observations. The only denomination I have been exposed to that would answer a poll in this fashion are the Jehovah Witnesses.

This many come to a shock to some but I am a skeptic. This belief has absolutely nothing to do with religion. It has to do with a life time of predictions that never come to pass. It has to do with observed methodology that doesn’t make sense. It has to do with observing a cycle that ebbs and flows, and what we are observing today is nothing outside of that cycle. It has to do with observing obvious climate drivers that the warmunists insist on ignoring. It has to do with cornerstone studies where the scientist involved refuse to allow their work to be replicated. (Smart move on their part because it can’t be replicated, and if it were it would be obvious exactly what kind of cheating took place.) It has to do with hanging all of this on a trace gas that can't possibly do what they say it does. It has to do with observing a nice 6 figure salary many make writing grant proposals, and getting published in a paper that no one reads. It has to do with observing the gravy train rolling out of the federal government to only those who agree to play ball.

Many have observed the modern climate doom and gloom sayers conduct themselves very much like a religion. Haruspication. Foretelling the future by examining the entrails of sacrificial victims. It is just as valid a method as forecasting climate changes by examining small collections of data from narrowly-defined areas. In both cases the prediction depends on what the haruspix wants to happen.

I think the OP is attempting to paint with a board brush a mile wide by posting a poll featuring idiots to prove a point that serves an agenda.

Milt,
Well there are similarities, but those who can make knowledgeable forecasts are not religious figures, but use math and the study of sciences where there is no ambitions except to find and disseminate the truth of what is happening and what will happen with several courses of action.
It is easy to understand skepticism, since science is that way, too. Maybe you just need a bunch more data input in multiple disciplines. Maybe you just, like the majority in the world, are too low an IQ, moral, and educational level to see ahead the consequences of actions.
Remember, we did agree on green conservative issues. If there is no real Arctic Methane Emergency, then going green will not hurt the future in either case. :mrgreen:

"a life time of predictions that never come to pass"??? Not my predictions from 1967 which showed 6 billion at the turn of the century and the crash near mid century. Sure, Ehrlich and others made mistakes with math and science that I did not make. Now there are so many in agreement, it is illogical to call them all corrupt and unscientific.
I wonder how long that lifetime really is with mort bandana, 30 years? Anyone my age with intelligence sees we are in big trouble as a species on Earth.