EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 21234
Location: Southeastern US
Milton Banana wrote:
Energy poverty fence sitters. This is what's going on. This is what the enviro-metalist want for this country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdinkpZ ... e=youtu.be


Nice propaganda piece by the energy industry. Did you notice the age of most of the headlines? Did you notice there was no reference to the actual articles other than the grabber sometimes? Of course not because this was a political claim you swallowed hook, line, sinker, and pole. The reel is all that kept it from being totally swallowed.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 771
Just a little perspective fence sitters.

Image

_________________
Potato chip enthusiast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 21234
Location: Southeastern US
Milton Banana wrote:
Just a little perspective fence sitters.

Image


Isn't that cute? No source for data, just pretty colors used to mislead the gullible like Milton. Do you have any more random graphs you would like to show or do you need to make up more first?

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2617
Location: Central Colorado
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... t5iP0G1VbA

Wayne, Landru?? Josh, Landru??

Milton, of course, it had to be, I know you, have, read, him.

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 21234
Location: Southeastern US
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=pt5iP0G1VbA

Wayne, Landru?? Josh, Landru??

Milton, of course, it had to be, I know you, have, read, him.


Milton could not be a computer, computers have more ethics .... unless you need the pod bay doors opened.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 771
Been out of the news cycle to long there Bill?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/30/ ... -skeptics/

Quote:
Bill Nye: “We Want to Engage Everybody” – by Declaring Economic War on Climate Skeptics


Quote:
Bill Nye: Blue States Will ‘Impose Economic Sanctions’ Against Climate Change-Denying States

… Nye said, “Only 40 percent of people in the U.S. think that Congress should be addressing this and that’s because certain conservative groups, especially from the fossil fuel industry, have been very successful in introducing the idea that scientific uncertainty, plus or minus two percent, is the same as plus or minus 100 percent.”

He continued, “There’s a lot of emphasis from conservatives on what are writ-large states rights. Just watch out, conservatives, if states rights include California, Illinois, New York — these places that, where people voted in a progressive fashion — watch out if all those places start to address climate change and then impose economic sanctions, either overtly or by default, on places that have not embraced the work that needs to be done. Then you’ll end up with this states rights working the other way.”

He added, “We’ve got to remind people that we’re all in this together. The people I think about all the time are what are eloquently stated as the hillbillies. We want to engage everybody. Not working to address climate change is in no one’s best interest. It is not in the best interest, especially of your children and grandchildren. …


Threats, bullying, and name calling. Great way to make your argument Bill. Keep up the good work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Potato chip enthusiast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 21234
Location: Southeastern US
Milton Banana wrote:
Been out of the news cycle to long there Bill?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/30/ ... -skeptics/

Quote:
Bill Nye: “We Want to Engage Everybody” – by Declaring Economic War on Climate Skeptics


Quote:
Bill Nye: Blue States Will ‘Impose Economic Sanctions’ Against Climate Change-Denying States

… Nye said, “Only 40 percent of people in the U.S. think that Congress should be addressing this and that’s because certain conservative groups, especially from the fossil fuel industry, have been very successful in introducing the idea that scientific uncertainty, plus or minus two percent, is the same as plus or minus 100 percent.”

He continued, “There’s a lot of emphasis from conservatives on what are writ-large states rights. Just watch out, conservatives, if states rights include California, Illinois, New York — these places that, where people voted in a progressive fashion — watch out if all those places start to address climate change and then impose economic sanctions, either overtly or by default, on places that have not embraced the work that needs to be done. Then you’ll end up with this states rights working the other way.”

He added, “We’ve got to remind people that we’re all in this together. The people I think about all the time are what are eloquently stated as the hillbillies. We want to engage everybody. Not working to address climate change is in no one’s best interest. It is not in the best interest, especially of your children and grandchildren. …


Threats, bullying, and name calling. Great way to make your argument Bill. Keep up the good work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


When those like yourself ignore facts, attack the science, attack the scientists, and lie try to make your case .... there is little left with which to use.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:00 am 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 771
Wayne Stollings wrote:

When those like yourself ignore facts, attack the science, attack the scientists, and lie try to make your case .... there is little left with which to use.


Wow, you are assigning me way to much power. Think about it. According to you because I lie, attack and ignore that allows you and those who agree with you to bully, threaten, and divide and use ad hominem attacks. Doesn't get us any closer to any truth. Muddies the waters, but that is the intent. It has nothing to do with science, but it makes for political fun all the same. You are the one's who claim the truth, fact, and science is on your side so forgive me if I'm confused about your decent into the gutter as a strategy. Interesting.

_________________
Potato chip enthusiast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:55 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 21234
Location: Southeastern US
Milton Banana wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

When those like yourself ignore facts, attack the science, attack the scientists, and lie try to make your case .... there is little left with which to use.


Wow, you are assigning me way to much power. Think about it. According to you because I lie, attack and ignore that allows you and those who agree with you to bully, threaten, and divide and use ad hominem attacks.


It seems that either you understand English as poorly as you understand science or you are just exhibiting your normal level of honesty. In any case, that is not what I said and that you quoted. I said "those like you" not you. That is the people who for political or monetary reasons try to confuse as many as possible by telling them lies and those who work to spread those lies, as you do.

Quote:
Doesn't get us any closer to any truth. Muddies the waters, but that is the intent.


I know that is your intent and just telling the truth does not seem to be a good counter program, because your kind are good at spreading untruths. Several of the climate deniers were involved with the tobacco denial program and look how long that delayed any meaningful action. That did not seven threaten as many lives and no property like climate change does.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with science, but it makes for political fun all the same.


Of course not, which is why the vast majority of the people you are quoting have no science backgrounds in the field of climatology. Those with the background know the science.

Quote:
You are the one's who claim the truth, fact, and science is on your side so forgive me if I'm confused about your decent into the gutter as a strategy. Interesting.


Have you never heard of fighting fire with fire? They are just using the tactics of your own deniers against them. Everything you claim to dislike and more has been used previously by the deniers against science and the scientists.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:43 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 771
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1816860.stm

Quote:
They say increasing levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere will slow the Earth's rotation.

This will make every day a little longer than it is already.


But, wait there's more.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... in-faster/

Quote:
Of all the possible ways in which climate change could affect our planet, this is the most bizarre: as the oceans warm up, Earth will start rotating a wee bit faster, reducing the length of a day.


:clap: :lolno: :clap: :lolno: :crazy: :lolno: :clap: :lolno: :crazy: :lolno: :clap: :lolno: :crazy: :clap: :lolno: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
Potato chip enthusiast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 21234
Location: Southeastern US
Milton Banana wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1816860.stm

Quote:
They say increasing levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere will slow the Earth's rotation.

This will make every day a little longer than it is already.


But, wait there's more.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... in-faster/

Quote:
Of all the possible ways in which climate change could affect our planet, this is the most bizarre: as the oceans warm up, Earth will start rotating a wee bit faster, reducing the length of a day.


:clap: :lolno: :clap: :lolno: :crazy: :lolno: :clap: :lolno: :crazy: :lolno: :clap: :lolno: :crazy: :clap: :lolno: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


You laugh at your ignorance? What happens when you press on the gas peddle of an automobile? It speeds up. What happens if you step on the brake pedal of an automobile? It slows down. What happens when you press on both? The gas pedal speeds it up, and the brake pedal slows it. The net effect may be slowing or speeding up depending on the cumulative effect. Laugh your self silly on that.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2617
Location: Central Colorado
Miltie doesn't really get it, along with most of the low IQ world. It is too bad they overbred and their demands caused pollution so far beyond absorption for so long. What will you do about this, Milt?
Image

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 771
Pppssssssssssttt. Don't want to make a big deal about this but.....

400,000 hits.

Thanks fence sitters.

_________________
Potato chip enthusiast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 21234
Location: Southeastern US
Milton Banana wrote:
Pppssssssssssttt. Don't want to make a big deal about this but.....

400,000 hits.

Thanks fence sitters.


More like thanks bots, but then again Milton only believes what he wants to believe.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:17 am
Posts: 9640
Wow, Milton. You've been hit over 400,000 times?
That's gotta hurt.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group