[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - People with fence posts up arses and those who dig math

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Do we need people like Milton Banana?
No______ 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Definitely Not_____ 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Waste of compostable organic material______ 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Yes, for target practice________ 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Never have_______ 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:58 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

The numbers are astouding; https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/0 ... sually-hot

" The last month cooler than the 20th century average was December 1984, back in the days of big hair and Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.”

We’ve come a long way since then. Somehow, though, we’re still debating whether human activity is behind the warmer atmosphere, not to mention what the hell we’re going to do about it.

Either the last 400 months were all an incredible coincidence — we’ll get to that in a second — or something else is going on. I’m thinking it’s the latter.

Sure, there is a tiny chance that Earth just pulled off the most impressively unlikely feat ever. If you assume the odds of a particular month being warmer than average are 50 percent — what you’d expect in a stable climate — then the odds of 400 warm months in a row would be approximately one in 1 x 10^120. The name for such a number is a “novemtrigintillion” — a value bigger than the number of atoms that exist in a trillion universes."

So people like Milton can shove that fence right up their rear end and into their feeble brains.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:23 pm 

How can anyone "be on the fence" when the numbers are a trillion to one against you? :mrgreen:
"Your lightnin's all I need
My satisfaction grows
You make me feel at ease
You even make me glow
Don't cut the power on me
I'm feelin' low, so get me high
Shock me, make me feel better
Shock me, put on your black leather
Shock me, we can come together
And baby, if you do what you've been told
My insulation's gone, girl you make me overload
Don't pull the plug on me, no, no
Keep it in and keep me high
Come on
Shock me, baby, shock me, oh yeah
Shock me, baby, shock me, oh yeah
Shock me, make me feel better, oh yeah
Come on and shock me, put on your black leather
Baby, I'm down to the bare wire
Oh yeah, I wanna feel your power
Baby, I'm down to the bare wire
Baby, come on, come on, shock me " Ace Frehley, KISS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 pm 

Humans just 0.01% of all life but have destroyed 83% of wild mammals – study
Groundbreaking assessment of all life on Earth reveals humanity’s surprisingly tiny part in it as well as our disproportionate impact
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... mals-study

https://img.mewe.com/api/v2/photo/s94z- ... /image.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05wQ9nG ... ture=share

https://wedonthavetime.org/launch/

https://finlandtoday.fi/president-niini ... the-world/
we lose it in 4 years; https://thebestschools.org/wp-content/u ... 40x555.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:35 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

I am flattered beyond repair. Living rent free in someone's head. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:12 pm 

"Due to the severity of the situation it is mandatory to maintain public calm for as long as possible. The Earth is dying. Humanity is on the road to extinction - without the Shield mankind will die off with in 20 to 50 years. Most people alive today could live to see this extinction take place. This means that an announcement of the situation we face boils down to telling every man, woman and child on earth that they have no future, they are going to be killed. People would panic. There would be economic collapse, the production and movement of goods would collapse. Millions would die in all cities on earth, riots and violence would reduce civilian centers to rubble within days. Half of the population in dense metropolitan areas would try to leave the cities seeking 'safety' in the rural areas thinking that they would be safe. Those left behind in the cities would be at war with their neighbors, fighting for the remaining supplies. We would be telling the world that the world is coming to an end, and even with the Shield the chances of survival are small." 2004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Sounds all to familiar. Do a little dance. Make a little love. Have a little drinky. For the love of God enjoy life. What the hell is so hard about that?

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spect ... is-year-2/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:26 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:04 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:49 pm