Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:29 pm 
josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
Moderator's Note:: I just removed a rather snarky question about why I would only delete recipe's for meat, which very quickly devolved into yet another off-topic flame fest.

To answer the question, there simply is a bias on my part.

That's fine. It's unsupported and irrational...but you're entitled to your opinion.

Of course, I remain somewhat offended by the plethora of non-meat recipes, when I am doing everying I can to cause less harm by replacing some of the veggies in my diet with meat. But I understand not everyone has the compassion of myself.

And not everyone has the same opinon of yourself or your ideas... which means that discussion of them should take place elsewhere (not in the feedback section).

Josh, all I did was ask virtually the same question about the veggie recipes as was asked about the meat recipes. YOU are the one who thought this section of the forum was more appropriate to question what recipes were allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:29 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
Moderator's Note:: I just removed a rather snarky question about why I would only delete recipe's for meat, which very quickly devolved into yet another off-topic flame fest.

That's fine. It's unsupported and irrational...but you're entitled to your opinion.

Of course, I remain somewhat offended by the plethora of non-meat recipes, when I am doing everying I can to cause less harm by replacing some of the veggies in my diet with meat. But I understand not everyone has the compassion of myself.

And not everyone has the same opinon of yourself or your ideas... which means that discussion of them should take place elsewhere (not in the feedback section).

The feedback section and the "moved" in the Animal Concerns seem to be linked ... I posted in the Animal Concerns and it is in both places now

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:32 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

This is in the animal concerns thread and the one prior was in the feedback thread

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:35 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
This is in the animal concerns thread and the one prior was in the feedback thread

Now I'm confused... when I look at the path header thing at the top it says: "EnviroLink Forum Home -> Feedback for EnviroLink" I moved this thread from the Animal Concerns area because it was more appropriate for feedback.

RF- you didn't just ask a question, you expressed some personal opinion about the value of vegetarian/vegan diets which is not appropriate for here. arc108 then responded, as did Donnie. All three postings were inappropriate for a feedback section.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:39 pm 
josh knauer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

Now I'm confused... when I look at the path header thing at the top it says: "EnviroLink Forum Home -> Feedback for EnviroLink" I moved this thread from the Animal Concerns area because it was more appropriate for feedback.

RF- you didn't just ask a question, you expressed some personal opinion about the value of vegetarian/vegan diets which is not appropriate for here. arc108 then responded, as did Donnie. All three postings were inappropriate for a feedback section.

-josh

For the record, I'm posting this in the animal concerns section. I think when you move a topic to another section, perhaps you might want to delete it from the original section.

Josh, the opinions expressed by the original posters in the thread are also personal opinions...about the value or lack of value in omnivorous diets. But you claim that is appropriate for here, and in fact admit an official site bias towards pro-vegan. I'm fine with that..really. I just note it contradicts some of your previous statements, is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:43 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

josh knauer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

-josh

The posts seem to appear in both places at the same time ...like Einsteins example of photon measurements .....

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject: Re: I'm confused.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:59 am 

Nt-Spcssm wrote:
Lissa wrote:
Is this an animal rights forum?

If so, what is this?

http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtop ... ht=recipes

Lisa

I am also confused and have been trying to figure out this place since I started participating here a week ago. This is why I have been trying to leave ever since and have been asking other AR/AL to join me. If you have time check three of my topics (threads): "Boycott Animal Abusers and Animal Cruelty Advocates", "Do Animals Have a Voice on this Forum" and the most recent one "To: AL/AR/AW: Good by".

This is the way I see it from the impression I am getting during the short time I have been here:

This forum is open to everybody. Democratic, fair. Hard to argue that.
In reality what is actually happening here, as I see it, you have two or three posters on AL/AR side, the rest are people that hunt, people who support them and some of them also advocate many other animal abuse and cruelty practices such as skinning animals alive, cock fighting, whaling etc. They are painting AR/AL as extremists terrorists, treat to public safety and freedom of choice, people that hate humans. On the other side they are stretching concept of AW to the extreme and painting themselves as sane law-abiding citizens wise scientific animal welfare moderates. This is very well known and documented strategy used by major animal user industries: Meat, fur, animal testing entertainment hunting etc. AR/AL is treat to their multi billion dollars enterprises. They are putting up a fight. They want to discredit and stop AR/AL movement the best they can at any cost. (Remember the case of Leon Hirsch, president of the Norwalk-based U.S. Surgical company). They have the money the power and the the media on their side. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the names you see here are actually offices with a number of people sitting behind their computers thinking these strategies out.

So be careful. You are a minority here. Everything you say will be skillfully used against you. You would be portrayed as emotionally overloaded extremist. You would be slandered sometimes and your wards Will be taken out of context many times. This has been my short experience here.

Sama wrote:
I think that's a tad harsh, some of us are learning a great deal here.

Sama, you are right. Yes it was harsh, indeed. In democracy (what this forum is trying to be), if you are minority you have to struggle to be heard. In dictatorship you have no choice.

Lissa, I like your avatar a lot. I hope you don't get put off by all this politics etc. I hope you are still with us. AR/AL need you here. We are outnumbered big time here. Animals need you. Help!

Post subject: Re: I'm confused.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:49 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

NT, A quote, you are learning quickly.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:41 am 

RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
josh knauer wrote:

Oops, I think I stepped on your bias before I knew about it ... sorry.

Did you go and delete the veggie recipes and steal my thunder?

Gosh darnit anyway...

I just addressed this issue in another thread in the feedback area.