EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:48 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Admin note: I've deleted a bunch of way off-topic postings here. This is a feedback to EnviroLink section. Do not post here unless you have specific feedback for EnviroLink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:36 pm 
This user has been banned

josh knauer wrote:
Do you have any concept of the fourteen year history of EnviroLink and what it did for the online activist movement?!? You're a bit late to the party if you think that your whining here is going to suddenly change how we run things (it started fourteen years ago as one of the first internet hubs for enviro and animal concerns activists).

-josh

Not quiet what it was though is it? I think you are left with an anti facist network that does not work :lol:

I believe the rest left for greener pastures :roll: Have you taken a look at your outdated sites of late? The ICG server site was interesting http://www.igc.org/

Not quiet as big as you profess Josh and I think you are suffering from delusions of grandure.

It was easy to offer free sites and hosting 14 years ago the hard part was to hold onto it all and keep it going. I think you sold out and are in it just for what you can make $$$$$$$$$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:05 pm 

phantomuk wrote:
Not quiet what it was though is it? I think you are left with an anti facist network that does not work :lol:

Over 100,000 unique visitors to http://www.envirolink.org per month, 40,000 unique visitors per month to http://www.animalconcerns.org... the stats have been rising consistently for years. I guess you're right. Perhaps your power vegan mysite reaches more people and I'm just an out of date hack. Oh well.

Quote:
I believe the rest left for greener pastures :roll: Have you taken a look at your outdated sites of late? The ICG server site was interesting http://www.igc.org/

Not quiet as big as you profess Josh and I think you are suffering from delusions of grandure.

IGC's sole purpose these days is to provide hosting services (web, mail, lists, etc.) to non-profits. I believe we are up over 300 active clients right now. I have no "delusions of grandure" [sic], I just do what I do. You seem to be the one taking pot shots at it, which makes me think I'm still worth taking pot shots at. You are in good company... google around a bit and you'll see all of the folks who have taken pot shots at EnviroLink in the past... off-roaders, anti-AR/welfare folks, corporations, etc. I guess you fit right in. :lol:

Quote:
It was easy to offer free sites and hosting 14 years ago the hard part was to hold onto it all and keep it going. I think you sold out and are in it just for what you can make $$$$$$$$$

Make money off it? You are so naiive. I don't receive a dime of compensation from any of the non-profits I'm involved with (I received a salary from EnviroLink for 1996 and 1997 only... which btw is during the time that we still provided free hosting). Providing free sites was never easy. I've spent so much money, time and energy dealing with all of the subpoenas, corporate intimidation, etc. that came from hosting the sites that we did (and still are). You obviously don't have a clue and are stuck in your anarchist rage against the machine act (refer back to your mysite again). You should really work to figure out who are the real enemies and not tilt at every windmill that comes along.

I'm very confident of who I am and what I do. I've always been completely transparent about the operations of EnviroLink and the other organizations that I am involved with. Feel free to keep taking pot shots, but they are really rather pitiful...

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:08 pm 

phantomuk wrote:
I believe the rest left for greener pastures

What's taking <b>you</b> so long? How many times have you said you were leaving and/or asked that your account be deleted? What type of cheese do you prefer with your whine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:35 pm 

Wow josh you do talk a load of dribble :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:06 pm 

phantomuk wrote:
Wow josh you do talk a load of dribble :lol:

Sorry if the discourse is a bit above your level. I'll try to express myself more along the lines that you do:

Vegan Power @ MySpace wrote:
Animal abusers
Current mood: angry

I f*cking hate the lot of them I once heard someone say "it needs to get uncomfortable" and thats what it is for them!

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:31 pm 

Myspace is a public account but thats as far as you got with your dribble.
Not hard to look up a myspace account josh since I posted the myspace name on this forum :roll:
Did you find our web site that get more hits than yours? Nope :lol:

Dig deeper josh. Just like your lame threats in the PM you send it is water off a ducks back because you do not scare me at all, I did all my digging long ago ;) You are nothing to worry about at all :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:26 pm 

Quote:
Privacy Issues

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

The IP address of all users and posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these rules.

The administrators and moderators of this forum will never share a user's personal information or IP addresses with any third party unless required to do so by law or to help enforce the rules of the forum. Such information will never be allowed to be used for third-party marketing purposes.

You want to make sure you dont.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:53 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

josh knauer wrote:
phantomuk wrote:

Make money off it? You are so naiive. I don't receive a dime of compensation from any of the non-profits I'm involved with (I received a salary from EnviroLink for 1996 and 1997 only... which btw is during the time that we still provided free hosting). Providing free sites was never easy. I've spent so much money, time and energy dealing with all of the subpoenas, corporate intimidation, etc. that came from hosting the sites that we did (and still are). You obviously don't have a clue and are stuck in your anarchist rage against the machine act (refer back to your mysite again). You should really work to figure out who are the real enemies and not tilt at every windmill that comes along.

Umm . . . Not to get too snarky here, Josh, but aren't you a millionaire? And didn't that happen from your sale of GreenMarketplace.com Inc to Gaiam Inc? I certainly can't knock your business acumen, and I'm aware of all the positive contributions you've made and continue to make; I can also appreciate that you've taken some pretty hard hits because of it. But the sackcloth and ashes routine's a bit thick.

I don't consider you an enemy, Josh - far from it. I'm also not certain I'd call you a friend (see "a season of peace and goodwill?" for instance).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:16 am 

VeePee wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
phantomuk wrote:

Umm . . . Not to get too snarky here, Josh, but aren't you a millionaire? And didn't that happen from your sale of GreenMarketplace.com Inc to Gaiam Inc? I certainly can't knock your business acumen, and I'm aware of all the positive contributions you've made and continue to make; I can also appreciate that you've taken some pretty hard hits because of it. But the sackcloth and ashes routine's a bit thick.

I don't consider you an enemy, Josh - far from it. I'm also not certain I'd call you a friend (see "a season of peace and goodwill?" for instance).

Nothing I've said in this thread is untrue and I've never claimed to live a sackcloth and ashes life. All I said is that I've never made a dime from all of the non-profits I'm involved with.

My guess is that if all of us (Donnie, PhantomUK, Arc108, you, Sandra, etc.) all met up in a bar somewhere the discussion would be lively and we'd probably all find a way to get along. Behind our keyboards it's a bit too easy to take potshots and be more of an ass than we are in person.

I'd be happy to buy you a drink (alcohol or not, whatever your choice) if you're in Pittsburgh. Hopefully you'd see I'm not such an ogre.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:22 am 
A drink? A solitary, single drink?

Greedy, penny-pinching damn millionaires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:30 am 

RF wrote:

Something tells me that you could easily drink me under the table and still be wondering where's the second round! Oh, all right... drinks are on me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:18 pm 
josh knauer wrote:
RF wrote:

Something tells me that you could easily drink me under the table and still be wondering where's the second round! Oh, all right... drinks are on me!

Well I never....NOW you insinuate I am a drunkard!

I've never been so offended in my life. And I checked with the guy who administers the breathalyzers at the clinic, and he verifies he's never seen anything like it either.

And THEN you try to buy me off with your filthy, ill-gotten lucre....just like a capitalist.

No wonder 100,000 vegan recipes left, with forum admin like this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:44 pm 

You can buy me a drink josh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:14 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Meat-hunter wrote:
You can buy me a drink josh.

Uhhhh..... I will just have some water.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next