PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:13 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Why was the new member "Festus" banned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:10 pm 
This user has been banned

He must have done something bad. I tryed my hardest to get banned I even asked! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:25 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Your asking to be banned was over ruled by my desire to stop you from being banned because you give such Golden Opportunities to show how linear ARA Fanatics are. Festus would have had so much fun with you ,maybe that is why they banned him, We just don't want to share you with everybody pointing out how you can be. I was wondering what happened to Festus Amy. I didn't see where he posted anything that he was warned about or anything like that???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:32 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

He wasn't warned, Donnie.

He posted a few nights ago, making a joke about choking on nuts in a thread about nuts and fruits and now he's been banned without any explanation or warning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:36 pm 

Amy7779311 wrote:

He posted a few nights ago, making a joke about choking on nuts in a thread about nuts and fruits and now he's been banned without any explanation or warning.

For you, anyway. Do you know of anything that may have happened between him and Josh? I would imagine that there is more to the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:39 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Archer wrote:
For you, anyway. Do you know of anything that may have happened between him and Josh? I would imagine that there is more to the story.

I spoke to Festus this morning. He was not warned nor was he given any explanation for his banning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:56 pm 

Amy7779311 wrote:

I know Festus has a weird sense of humor that he injects but that is one of the most mundane reasons for banning yet. Thing that is missed here though . Festus is very astute and clever at debating when he is being serious. I suspect that he will be missed here for his accurate input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:59 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Your asking to be banned was over ruled by my desire to stop you from being banned because you give such Golden Opportunities to show how linear ARA Fanatics are. Festus would have had so much fun with you ,maybe that is why they banned him, We just don't want to share you with everybody pointing out how you can be. I was wondering what happened to Festus Amy. I didn't see where he posted anything that he was warned about or anything like that???

So what are you saying don?
You saying you , Josh and co have me on this forum for your own amusement?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:05 pm 

phantomuk wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

Not just mine Phan. I think they get a kick out of you to. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:10 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
phantomuk wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

Thats nice to know an Josh must condone this then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:32 pm 

phantomuk wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
phantomuk wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

Thats nice to know an Josh must condone this then?

And where does it say that they condone my teasing you Phantie??? Ir is possible they get a kick out of it though . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:16 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

No answer about Festus?

Well, shucks.....I didn't think that was a hard question at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:41 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Correction...

Festus did receive email notification of his banning and was informed why. Without revealing just what it was that he posted, I can tell you that I've seen some members do the exact same thing and either be warned or have their post edited.

It's too bad, Festus can be rough around the edges and in-your-face....all in all he's an honest and thought provoking debater.

Your loss...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:41 pm 

Sorry folks, I actually work for a living and am not able to be here 24/7, so you may not get instant feedback like over the holidays.

I have not historically publicly explained every banning that has happened. I don't think it is necessary for everyone to be involved in every decision I make here. I did send Festus an e-mail explaining why he was banned.

Bottom line is that I do give long term users who have proven some inkling of a desire to participate in a positive way here more slack. New users who come here with their attitude turned on high and start taking pot shots at other users are going to be banned much more quickly. Users who stick around, usually participate well and f**k up every once in a while are definitely given more slack to make mistakes.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:38 pm 
Quote:
Users who stick around, usually participate well and f**k up every once in a while are definitely given more slack to make mistakes.

How wonderfully paternalistic of you! I suddenly feel all warm and fuzzy....though I'm wondering how my card is marked under, "Plays well with others."

I'm inclined to think that Festus was a token sacrifice given over to the howling veganic masses who have been, in recent history, clamoring for omnivore blood (metaphorically speaking). JMO.

Can we take a vote on the banning? Non-binding, of course.

Sheesh...praying in one thread and appealing to the democratic process in another. RF, you are but a shade of your former self.