Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:21 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Grace wrote:
Amy7779311 wrote:
Grace wrote:

Donnie was in the thread.

Yes, I know. You were also in the thread that I quoted from.

It's not whether we're in the same thread, it's the fact he brings my name up in conversation without addressing me or a post, rather just using me for misrepresented examples, throwing up ancient history, mis-quoting me, misunderstanding my posts (as he did yesterday with wijim & the pffft, also with saying you have a tin can for a heart, etc.) Yesterday or the day before animaluvr accused you of being on the fence. How'd you like stuff like that being said all over the board in posts, let alone posts that weren't directed at you to respond to? You'd spend 1/2 your time countering those posts, versus focusing on issues.

In light of what I wrote are you now changing your stance on animal laws Grace. After all that is what I was addressing and I figured you were proud of your stance demanding animals get the protection you wanted for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Grace wrote:
And I was responding TO HIM, not talking ABOUT HIM.

Yes, I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:29 am 

Amy7779311 wrote:
Grace wrote:
It's not whether we're in the same thread, it's the fact he brings my name up in conversation without addressing me or a post, rather just using me for misrepresented examples, throwing up ancient history, mis-quoting me, misunderstanding my posts (as he did yesterday with wijim & the pffft, also with saying you have a tin can for a heart, etc.) Yesterday or the day before animaluvr accused you of being on the fence. How'd you like stuff like that being said all over the board in posts, let alone posts that weren't directed at you to respond to? You'd spend 1/2 your time countering those posts, versus focusing on issues.

He did it to me all the time...way back when. Yes, I got mad....said the same things you are saying here...and then it was pointed out that I was bringing him up all over the place.

I don't think you do it as often as he does, but you two certainly have a little fued going to which I don't think will ever change.

Well see, that's just it. I want it to change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:34 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Grace wrote:

Well that could be a good thing, I just don't know how it will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:38 am 

Grace wrote:

Well then kiss and make up! :lol: Take the initiative. Make light of your differences. Agree to disagree. Be positive and don't take anything too personally.

I've been through a few good "feuds" here myself. My opposer and I plodded though to the end and we always ended up being cordial if not having found some common ground. If I as a Christian meat-eating hunter can do that with a hardcore vegan atheist, you can do it with Donnie. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:58 am 

Fosgate wrote:
Grace wrote:

Well then kiss and make up! :lol: Take the initiative. Make light of your differences. Agree to disagree. Be positive and don't take anything too personally.

I've been through a few good "feuds" here myself. My opposer and I plodded though to the end and we always ended up being cordial if not having found some common ground. If I as a Christian meat-eating hunter can do that with a hardcore vegan atheist, you can do it with Donnie. :wink:

Donnie, yoo hoo, I wubble you!! cough cough... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:48 pm 

Grace wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
Grace wrote:

Well I did ask you to lighten up but you needn't go that far Grace. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:03 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
Grace wrote:

Well I did ask you to lighten up but you needn't go that far Grace. :wink:

Peace. (today anyway. Who knows what tomorrow might bring. lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:17 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Ok, It looks like this has settled itself, which is good. I am proud of all of you :wink:

Just as an aside, I would view trying to tell someone they could not mention anything in their posts that was not by definition offensive in nature a form of censorship and would not support it. I would support anyone ignoring anything they feel is an attempt to bait them into a discussion ..unless they want to have a discussion. If it gets carried away is when the Mods get involved.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:07 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Ok, It looks like this has settled itself, which is good. I am proud of all of you :wink:

Just as an aside, I would view trying to tell someone they could not mention anything in their posts that was not by definition offensive in nature a form of censorship and would not support it. I would support anyone ignoring anything they feel is an attempt to bait them into a discussion ..unless they want to have a discussion. If it gets carried away is when the Mods get involved.

My goodness! That wasn't good will and good humour prevailing was it? :shock: Good on yer Grace and Donnie! Round of applause for Fosgate the Peacemaker :lol:

May I add, I agree with Wayne that the mods can't censor anything but offensive remarks. However, it probably isn't quite fair to make critical remarks about people who aren't there to defend themselves (in this case in threads they may not be reading) so, I'd like to suggest that everybody tries not to do that, as a matter of courtesy.

From Auguries of Innocence, by Wiliam Blake (1757 -1827)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:30 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Donnie MacLeod wrote:

Quote:
I want people to reach the level where folks look after their property with compassion and caring protocol as if it were the most natural thing in the world to be kind to your animals.

Amen to that Donnie! That is the ideal way. Spontaneous care and affection from a compassionate heart. I wonder if there is anyone here who does not agree?

Perhaps we don't agree on the need for law in the meantime but, I think Donnie, you have just defined the common ground the Forum has been seeking. I'm :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:51 pm 

Sandra John wrote:
Donnie MacLeod wrote:

Quote:
I want people to reach the level where folks look after their property with compassion and caring protocol as if it were the most natural thing in the world to be kind to your animals.

Amen to that Donnie! That is the ideal way. Spontaneous care and affection from a compassionate heart. I wonder if there is anyone here who does not agree?

Perhaps we don't agree on the need for law in the meantime but, I think Donnie, you have just defined the common ground the Forum has been seeking. I'm :D

I think that legislators can not legislate common sense Sandra. If we are destined to be in sync with the animals and by nature at odds with them we still can be so compassionately. Most thinking people with an eye for compassion do not want to torture animals but that doesn't mean that we can not kill those we need expediently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:06 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
I think that legislators can not legislate common sense Sandra.

I'd love to see them try, for once! It would be quite humorous to see the Common Sense Act introduced into the US Congress. There would be all sorts of committee hearings, ammendments, etc. I'd love to hear the debate against its passage! :wink:

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:05 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Sandra John wrote:
Donnie MacLeod wrote:

Quote:

I think that legislators can not legislate common sense Sandra. If we are destined to be in sync with the animals and by nature at odds with them we still can be so compassionately. Most thinking people with an eye for compassion do not want to torture animals but that doesn't mean that we can not kill those we need expediently.

Well, I had in mind something a little more empathetic than, "in sync and by nature at odds", with the animals, but I'll settle for no torturing and killing only those we really need for now. All we have to do now is define, "torture", "need", and, "expediently", and we are home and hosed. :lol: Not suggesting we try to do all that here though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:09 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Josh Knauer wrote

Quote:
I'd love to see them try, for once! It would be quite humorous to see the Common Sense Act introduced into the US Congress. There would be all sorts of committee hearings, amendments, etc. I'd love to hear the debate against its passage!

:lol: So would I. Heard the debate for many times but against? Never :lol: