EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Insults keep coming
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:25 pm 
DELETED

Last edited by DELETED on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:34 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Quote:
I think it had a heart attack in it's sleep. But it was near 21 years of age and still ran around the yard. So typical of you to infer nonsense is applicable, where common sense is a fact.

this means....the dog may have died of a heart attack. that point is moot because the real meaning of what he said is the dog lived way beyond the life expectancy of most all dogs xveganx. the way it died has nothing to do with the intent or meaning of the post in general.

your response was this:
Quote:
And since you can not prove this it is an unsupported opinion and not fact.

the only unproven is whether or not donnies dog died of a heart attack....which was anecdotal at most and had nothing to do with the point. your arguement in using such an item is picking semantics as opposed to commenting on the real meaning.

donnie then said:
Quote:
Since it lived to almost 21 years of age, a point I hardly think you have any educated reason to observe.. I think chasing squirrels and other rodents made life fun for her though.? The major fact is the dog lived so long.

he did not say you were uneducated. he said you have no reason to observe the point of whether or not the dog had a heart attack. you are not educating anyone in that line of reasoning. the fact that the dog had a heart attack was beside the point of it living 21 years.....which is pretty easy to calculate. dog was born on date x.....dog died on date y.....take y-x= age of dog at its death.

i dont understand your gripe at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:37 pm 

you are looking for reasons to be pissed, and my guess is you are merely engaging in debate awaiting times to post percieved insults to this forum, by tattling. the above was anything but an insult. read it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:44 pm 

wijim wrote:
you are looking for reasons to be pissed, and my guess is you are merely engaging in debate awaiting times to post perceived insults to this forum, by tattling. the above was anything but an insult. read it again.

More like figuring that she can goad folks into getting banned or pretend things are said that she can use to get them banned. Those UK folks sure like whining about perceived injustice. If anyone should be insulted it should be me with how Arc inferred that I never looked after my dog.

Post subject: Re: Insults keep coming
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:10 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

xveganx wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
xveganx wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
arc108 wrote:
donnie.. you said 'were' about your dogs

if they'd been vegan they would probably be alive now

Suck eggs Arc!! My dogs were well cared for. One died in my dad's house fire. Another one died in my own home as it was burnt by a forest fire. The last one died at over 20 years of age and was still a thriving going concern at the time of it's death. I think it had a heart attack in it's sleep. But it was near 21 years of age and still ran around the yard. So typical of you to infer nonsense is applicable, where common sense is a fact.

And since you can not prove this it is an unsupported opinion and not fact.

Since it lived to almost 21 years of age, a point I hardly think you have any educated reason to observe.. I think chasing squirrels and other rodents made life fun for her though.? The major fact is the dog lived so long.

And when is this attack on me going to be stopped? I have joined in with people on this forum but a select few are not playing ball instead they are taking it as far as they can. If it take me complaining every day to be able to enjoy this forum I will and I will not let these people push me out with their petty goading and insults.

http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1808&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Ok, the "Suck eggs" comment was a bit much, but I know Donnie and his love of his dogs and how this might be taken as an attack on his care of them. Since Arc was the receiver and has not taken offense I will assume there is some mutual agreement on the concept of attacks between these two.

As for any attack on Xveganx, I really do not see it. It was stated that Donnies view was an unsupported opinion, which I think is not correct and thus the "educated" reference. Arc's comment was an unsupported opinion and that was the response to which Donnie spoke. Any dog that lives to the age of 20+ by definition must have been cared for and is in the upper percentile of survival, and with the first hand experience with the animal opposed to no experience there is a difference in knowledge on the subject.

I really see nothing that would justify a complaint by Xveganx in this case. If Sandra and/or Josh reads this and disagrees we will, of course discuss it, but I see no reason to continue the discussion between individuals, do you?

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:13 pm 
DELETED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:15 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

xveganx wrote:
I took it as him saying that my education was lacking.

On the subject of his dogs, it was lacking was it not?

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:16 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

In this case a simple, "What did you mean when you said" or "Did you mean this" might have cleared up any confusion

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:21 pm 
DELETED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:29 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

xveganx wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
In this case a simple, "What did you mean when you said" or "Did you mean this" might have cleared up any confusion

If you visit the link you will see that I did ask the question.

As I have not been able to get past the Feedback Section I did not go past the quote in question ... :wink:

The final comment was a general statement for those who are uninvolved and are reading the Feedback Section. If it had been a direct comment on your situation I would have quoted your post too.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:34 pm 
DELETED