All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nice post
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:08 pm 
DELETED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Sounds like sarcasm to me. Claiming the folks "over there" like sheep is a rather common phenomenon around these parts. I've heard many versions of it and is almost always said in jest ("Montana... where the men are men and the sheep are scared" etc.). It's not entirely appropriate, but in context it is clear that Wayne was attempting to employ his rather odd sense of humor (see? that's another attempt at sarcasm by me).

Americans tend to make fun of Brits for being funny looking, the royalty, etc. I would expect that we shoud be able to take being made fun of by others. All of it should be in the context of poking fun and not deriding.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:22 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

josh knauer wrote:
Sounds like sarcasm to me. Claiming the folks "over there" like sheep is a rather common phenomenon around these parts. I've heard many versions of it and is almost always said in jest ("Montana... where the men are men and the sheep are scared" etc.). It's not entirely appropriate, but in context it is clear that Wayne was attempting to employ his rather odd sense of humor (see? that's another attempt at sarcasm by me).

Americans tend to make fun of Brits for being funny looking, the royalty, etc. I would expect that we shoud be able to take being made fun of by others. All of it should be in the context of poking fun and not deriding.

-josh

ODD sense of humor? MOI!?!?!?!? :shock: I will have you know that several people have commented on how funny this actually was ... just not in public. Maybe we ALL have odd senses of humor?

BUTTTTT, on the off chance that it is offensive to those who would have been discussing that subject, I will tender an apology and try not to do it again any time soon ... you do know my memory is as long as ..
Bush's credibility level is high ...what did you think I was going to say?

PS the Brits and the Yanks BOTH make fun of the French :wink:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein