It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:34 pm 
This user has been banned

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
All topics started by xveganx in the animal concerns section have been deleted.

I am just interested and I am sure other members are also since posts and topics are"going missing" on this forum on a regular basis. If this is the case then I myself feel it is a form of censorship.

What would deleting whole topics achieve?

Unless there is a specific reference I cannot give you an answer. I do not remember any threads of that poster being deleted, but as I said there was a global deletion used on that one day. I cannot speak for Josh or anyone else at this point as I have not discussed it with them, but in the past week one thread was merged with another, and three posts were deleted, one was due to an off-topic picture, one was a violation of the spam rules, and one was a violation of the copyright rules. All were noted in a post relating to the issue and all should have been marked with an Admin notice. There have been others that have been adjusted or given a "by" with a note for future reference, but they had not been from posters with prior warnings.

In any case, I do not see this series of general questions being very supportive for the idea of not following through with the banning of anyone from that location. That is only my opinion and you may think otherwise, but you have a history to overcome and this seems to be leading to a similar start as some of the other posters there.

So now I am a troll for asking questions. What similar start? I have not posted in the main forum and will not until the administrator says. I could have used my laptop cellphone modem to log on since it registers an ip with every "dialup" but I did not. I could have registered days ago in this way but, I did not. Are members not allowed to question? Am I not allowed to voice my opinion to another member who has a history also?

I was polite but blunt, what is wrong with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:40 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Hi Wayne. Josh did specify that those IP's which the banned UK poster posted from were part of the problem and listed them. As for xveganx having her threads deleted. Not so . There are 9 on this very feedback forum where she whined about one thing or the other and the other poster from that addy had 2 more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:47 pm 

Like I have said ALL the topics in the animal concerns section have been deleted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:04 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Insomnia wrote:
Like I have said ALL the topics in the animal concerns section have been deleted.

Bolonga. Xveganx didn't start any topics except to whine in the feedback forum, and the one started as "sweetpea" is still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:43 pm 

Insomnia wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:
I have a question, How do you know it wasn't a family member that lives in the household? They could sound the same. It could happen... :?

If it were it would have been the third person from the same family to run into the same trouble, which would also indicate a problem.

We have 8 people living in this house. All are vegans and have the same view of animal abusers. Three of us go out 'sabbing' and have strong views on the subject.

We have also noticed you have deleted all xveganx topics she started. Why did you do this?

My name is Joe Pilkington and I live in the same house and share the same connection. Am I to be banned as well?

Joe: Welcome,I can't answer the questions that you ask about the deletion of her posts,but I can say that your use of the words "WE" have me concerned.I'm not sure how Josh or the other mods feel about it,but XVeganX DOES NOT need to be using your account to post here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:03 pm 

TruVenom wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:
I have a question, How do you know it wasn't a family member that lives in the household? They could sound the same. It could happen... :?

If it were it would have been the third person from the same family to run into the same trouble, which would also indicate a problem.

We have 8 people living in this house. All are vegans and have the same view of animal abusers. Three of us go out 'sabbing' and have strong views on the subject.

We have also noticed you have deleted all xveganx topics she started. Why did you do this?

My name is Joe Pilkington and I live in the same house and share the same connection. Am I to be banned as well?

Joe: Welcome,I can't answer the questions that you ask about the deletion of her posts,but I can say that your use of the words "WE" have me concerned.I'm not sure how Josh or the other mods feel about it,but XVeganX DOES NOT need to be using your account to post here.

Hi and thank you for the welcome. I am not sure you understand our position. I live in a co/op and the use "we" is common practise for me.

I myself do not believe the banning was just since it was assumed that sweetpea was xveganx. It was not so - sweetpea is xveganxs daughter. My account is used by myself and no other - house members can be present when I am online - I post my own views.

If I am not welcome in this forum because of my house friends and ip address then I have no control over that other than my openness. If I am accepted in this community I expect to be treated as I treat others on the forum and not how my house mates have before me.

I now need to sleep. We have lots of work on the land to do early and I have spent too much time on myself already.

Good night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:22 pm 

Insomnia wrote:
TruVenom wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:

Hi and thank you for the welcome. I am not sure you understand our position. I live in a co/op and the use "we" is common practise for me.

I myself do not believe the banning was just since it was assumed that sweetpea was xveganx. It was not so - sweetpea is xveganxs daughter. My account is used by myself and no other - house members can be present when I am online - I post my own views.

If I am not welcome in this forum because of my house friends and ip address then I have no control over that other than my openness. If I am accepted in this community I expect to be treated as I treat others on the forum and not how my house mates have before me.

I now need to sleep. We have lots of work on the land to do early and I have spent too much time on myself already.

Good night.

Not saying that you and your views aren't welcome here,just saying that the banned users don't need to be posting here using your account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:26 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Insomnia wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
All topics started by xveganx in the animal concerns section have been deleted.

I am just interested and I am sure other members are also since posts and topics are"going missing" on this forum on a regular basis. If this is the case then I myself feel it is a form of censorship.

What would deleting whole topics achieve?

Unless there is a specific reference I cannot give you an answer. I do not remember any threads of that poster being deleted, but as I said there was a global deletion used on that one day. I cannot speak for Josh or anyone else at this point as I have not discussed it with them, but in the past week one thread was merged with another, and three posts were deleted, one was due to an off-topic picture, one was a violation of the spam rules, and one was a violation of the copyright rules. All were noted in a post relating to the issue and all should have been marked with an Admin notice. There have been others that have been adjusted or given a "by" with a note for future reference, but they had not been from posters with prior warnings.

In any case, I do not see this series of general questions being very supportive for the idea of not following through with the banning of anyone from that location. That is only my opinion and you may think otherwise, but you have a history to overcome and this seems to be leading to a similar start as some of the other posters there.

So now I am a troll for asking questions.

Where were you called a troll? That is part of the reason for my comment. It appears to me that you have issues in general and that aspect it coming across in your posts.

Quote:
What similar start?

The accusatory tone with the generalizations which cannot be answered because they are so general. It seems like you are setting it up to be a problem and a welcome problem. That is the impression I am getting. I do not know if Josh will see it the same way or not, but if so it would not promote your case, IMO.

Quote:
Are members not allowed to question?

No, but there is a difference in asking a question and working for an answer and you do not seem to be wanting an answer, but only to be able to question.

Quote:
Am I not allowed to voice my opinion to another member who has a history also?

You are, but when trying to overcome a history one would not expect to place any emphasis on history, but that is just my opinion.

Quote:
I was polite but blunt, what is wrong with that?

Nothing, but it brings about the question concerning what was wrong with my replies in the same vein?

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:54 am 

Insomnia... if you had not told me that you were posting from that house, I would never have known. Your IP address that you registered and posted from has not been banned. I'm willing to give you the same chance that all new users get.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been on vacation for the past nine days and am now back.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:29 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

To address this question,

Insomnia wrote:

After checking with Josh now that he has returned from a much needed vacation, we have determined none of us deleted Xveganx's threads or posts other than the one use of the global delete on the day she was banned. That was also performed on Archer's posts the same day. In checking this problem I found all of Archer's posts in the Animal Concerns forum for that day were gone, but all of Xveganx's posts in the forum were gone. We do not have an explanation other than the possibility of a glitch in the software when Josh performed the global. I have had minor glitches that come and go in some of the moderator functions, but they have only been noticeable when they fail to operate. A failure to operate correctly may not be noticed.

In any case the posts are gone and the removal was not intentional in the least. Other posts from banned users are still on the forum as evidence of there not being a plan to remove them upon banning. If there are any other posts missing without some kind of notice, please let us know as it may not have been intended.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:11 pm 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
To address this question,

Insomnia wrote:

After checking with Josh now that he has returned from a much needed vacation, we have determined none of us deleted Xveganx's threads or posts other than the one use of the global delete on the day she was banned. That was also performed on Archer's posts the same day. In checking this problem I found all of Archer's posts in the Animal Concerns forum for that day were gone, but all of Xveganx's posts in the forum were gone. We do not have an explanation other than the possibility of a glitch in the software when Josh performed the global. I have had minor glitches that come and go in some of the moderator functions, but they have only been noticeable when they fail to operate. A failure to operate correctly may not be noticed.

In any case the posts are gone and the removal was not intentional in the least. Other posts from banned users are still on the forum as evidence of there not being a plan to remove them upon banning. If there are any other posts missing without some kind of notice, please let us know as it may not have been intended.

Just to reiterate what Wayne has said... I must have inadvertantly deleted them without even realizing it. I was attempting to delete all of the user's postings for one day, a feature that is part of a mod that I have installed here. It was a mistake and I do apologize, as I hate to see any user's posts deleted, much less all of them.

-josh