[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Is TruVenom also a hunter

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:03 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:32 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:57 am 

What?!?!? A thread all about me
?!?! aww gee..you shouldn't have,,,,,,,really.

To answer your questions Arc(even though they are clearly in my profile):

Yes I am a hunter,and a fisherman,and a conservationist,and a biologist,and wildlife rehabber,and a paramedic,and a fire department captain,and bald,and ugly,and tired. Any other questions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:44 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:18 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:18 pm 

I withdraw my request to be moderator.. I am not a control freak
and don't wish to exercise authoritarian power over others.. the request
was made because at the time this was the only board I knew of with photo and other software options... and i had hoped to protect certain threads...
Finding several free servers which provide this forum software, I began
my own forum with this software... I had at the time many AR websites but none with this
forum flexibility

Josh
had criticized many ARA's on the board ...in effect saying they
lacked the objectivity to be moderators ..
To have 3 hunters and 1 who is silent about the genocide
in Australia as moderators... is akin to having only slaveholders
on a board discussing all sides of the abolition question.

Even though Envirolink is prominently placed by war promoting Google and Yahoo it has many fewer members than other fora... it has never gotten
out of the 4 digits.... perhaps because of the presence of hunters
and the banning of ARA's

Father Mother God thank You that the best days of all listmembers
are ahead of them... and that all hunters and hunting promoters
on this board and everywhere will now kneel to Your Love in the face of
Your power... that they will no longer harm the creatures You have created
by eating them, shooting them, or otherwise promoting their harm

Starseed Transmissions: You do not have enough data to assign value
to the actions of anyone.

sealclubbing is banned.
http://seashepherd.org/seals/seals.html
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=martha

Last edited by arc108 on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:10 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:53 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:55 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:17 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:37 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
Thanks for nominating me, arc. But I'd rather not get involved with moderating this board altho I do understand your position. Is Sandra coming back, Josh?

Grace... I was hoping you would volunteer, just to see Donnie snort his milk out through his nose when he read the news!

I'm sure Sandra is coming back, she let us know she had some things to deal with that might prevent her from coming here every once in a while. I'm sure she appreciates your concern.

-josh

Dear Josh, Grace et al.

It seems I didn't make my intentions as clear as I might have or didn't do what I said or both. I do apologize. - especially to you Josh - for being so unreliable. I'm currently playing advocate in a case before our Forest Practices Tribunal (trying to prevent the destruction of wildlife habitat and endangered species and use of 1080 in a nearby forest, amongst other things) and it is absorbing my time and energy 24/7. I should have posted this information here earlier but I meant to pop in regularly as moderator at least. It will take another 2/3 weeks but I will try harder to give some indication of my presence from now on.

Arc,
Please be advised (once again) that I did respond to your questions on the massacres of Australian wildlife and I truly doubt that it hurts you more than it hurts me. Please also note: Thre are other, and better ways, of trying to end it than repeating empty expressions of outrage on Envirolink Forum. Please also note that the Starseed Transmissions apply to you too not excluding the last one posted by you viz: "You do not have enough data to assign value to the actions of anyone.". How can you possible reconcile your constant criticism of others with this teaching? In any case, IMO, it's a waste of time and energy. We need to focus on the issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:43 am