Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:27 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

SiberD wrote:
Grace wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
Grace wrote:
Who did that & where's the post? I did a search using that word, but couldn't find anyone calling anyone an a-hole.

You called yourself one.

Grace wrote:
Cause I'm an asshole.

http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtop ... c&start=15

Is that spongeworthy...er...banworthy?

LOL! That's true. (but I don't think there's a rule against that here)

You shouldn't think of yourself that way Grace. You're a saint. How many people would order a Mercedes without a leather interior?

Uh yeah right. Actually I'm interested in Toyota's FJ Cruiser (not to be confused with the Chrysler PJ Cruiser yuk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:56 pm 

Grace wrote:
SiberD wrote:
Grace wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
Grace wrote:
Who did that & where's the post? I did a search using that word, but couldn't find anyone calling anyone an a-hole.

You called yourself one.

Grace wrote:
Cause I'm an asshole.

You shouldn't think of yourself that way Grace. You're a saint. How many people would order a Mercedes without a leather interior?

Uh yeah right. Actually I'm interested in Toyota's FJ Cruiser (not to be confused with the Chrysler PJ Cruiser yuk)

Wow, Grace, I didn't realize you had such great taste in vehicles. I suppose you are talking about the new one they are coming out with, and not the old one they used to make. Either way, it should be an excellent choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:29 pm 

Archer wrote:
Grace wrote:
SiberD wrote:
Grace wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
Grace wrote:

You called yourself one.

Grace wrote:
Cause I'm an asshole.

Wow, Grace, I didn't realize you had such great taste in vehicles. I suppose you are talking about the new one they are coming out with, and not the old one they used to make. Either way, it should be an excellent choice.

HEY! We have something in common. Wanna get married? :wink: Yes, the new one; they're unveiling it this month at a local dealership and I'm on the top of their list to call and have a look see - I love what I've seen (and read) online so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:44 pm 

Grace wrote:
Uh yeah right. Actually I'm interested in Toyota's FJ Cruiser

What's the gas mileage like on that mad beast?

If I were to get a <i>new</i> car, it'd be the Dodge Challenger concept. It's almost <i>too</i> retro, but still too cool to pass up.

I think we need a car thread. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:53 pm 

Fosgate wrote:
Grace wrote:

If I were to get a <i>new</i> car, it'd be the Dodge Challenger concept. It's almost <i>too</i> retro, but still too cool to pass up.

:lol: Mileage is 19.6 mpg. . I'll check out the Dodge Challenger concept. I haven't seen it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:55 pm 

Holy crap that is retro. My brother in law had one of these way back.

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/07/20/dodg ... auto-show/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:28 am 
This user has been banned
This user has been banned

Grace wrote:
Fosgate wrote:
Grace wrote:

:lol: Mileage is 19.6 mpg. . I'll check out the Dodge Challenger concept. I haven't seen it.

Thats disgusting. Try 65/75 mpg for mine .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:28 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:

If it weren't a Chrysler product....yes. Give me the new Mustang any day... :wink:

Saw one last night that had the exterior package I wanted, yellow with black racing stripes kinda like my old '73 had. The problem is I would have to trade in my wife's Miata to ensure garage space but she thinks my motorcycles would be the better choice .... women have no concept of true priorities in life. Bikes are economical and cool, while a Miata is a "chick car". A Mustang is cool and can still be a "chick car" too.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:27 am 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Grace wrote:

If it weren't a Chrysler product....yes. Give me the new Mustang any day... :wink:

Saw one last night that had the exterior package I wanted, yellow with black racing stripes kinda like my old '73 had. The problem is I would have to trade in my wife's Miata to ensure garage space but she thinks my motorcycles would be the better choice .... women have no concept of true priorities in life. Bikes are economical and cool, while a Miata is a "chick car". A Mustang is cool and can still be a "chick car" too.

Heh, yeah the miata is a chick car but it can be made into something other and be a real blast to drive. All you need to do is slap a turbo on it, upgrade an already more than capable suspension and then look for a road full of curves.

And maybe it's your priorities that are messed up Wayne. Here's both my cars. Notice that they're in the garage while the wife's suv is parked outside :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:31 am 

Oops, me above :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:05 am 

Miata's aren't necessarily a chick car. Our gay friends got one too. :twisted: Oh and our drunken Finnish friend bought one here and had it shipped to Finland back in the late 80's or early 90's (but I think his wife drives that car)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:59 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Anonymous wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Grace wrote:

Heh, yeah the miata is a chick car but it can be made into something other and be a real blast to drive. All you need to do is slap a turbo on it, upgrade an already more than capable suspension and then look for a road full of curves.

And maybe it's your priorities that are messed up Wayne. Here's both my cars. Notice that they're in the garage while the wife's suv is parked outside :lol:

No, her SUV and my truck are parked outside too. The convertible gets the garage partly because of the top and partly because it is smaller and allows room to walk around it, which gives enough room for the bikes to be parked side by side. The Miata has a decent amount of thrust to weight ratio ... I popped over 110 mph when I hit high gear it on the test drive, but that was with the top down. My head hits the stupid top when it is up and the blind spots are horrible. I do take it out once or twice a year to "blow the carbon out" for her but it is still not a car I would drive myself.

You should have seen us a couple of years ago, when we had the 2 door SUV in the mountains. I was driving down the alternate to a truck route, which was barely two lanes, taking in the view (always think I'll move back to the mountains on these trips) looking at properties when this 5 series BMW game up on my rear bumper. The car is only part of the ability to drive in the mountains so when we passed into the wooded area I poked the Ford in the butt and started away from the BMW. A few turns later it was starting to disappear from sight in the turn. In a sharp right hand turn I met a State Trooper going the other way. Of course, he was a might disturbed at the way I took the turn, but I did stay in my lane :wink: and apparently was going to do a 180 and come after me when the BMW came into view. I could see from the other side of the nest switch back and the trooper had the BMW pulled onto a wide spot on the shoulder. That area has a lot of "partial year" residents that have never driven enough in the mountains to be proficient so that BMW should probably have had a ticket. I would not have complained if I had gotten one, but it was sooo much more fun to have not gotten one.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:39 am 

I got a 1997 Humvee. I t was one that the military was rotating off of the overseas bases and they gave them to different state agencies. I bought mine for $10,000 and it had less the 30,000 miles on it then!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:47 am 

the challenger is awesome looking cept the fog lights look kida small n silly on that big barren front clip.

but other than that...that big hemi oughta scream. (what is it 6.3 liter?) is it going to production? or just built as a possibility? last i saw n read on it was months ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:01 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

TruVenom wrote:
I got a 1997 Humvee. I t was one that the military was rotating off of the overseas bases and they gave them to different state agencies. I bought mine for $10,000 and it had less the 30,000 miles on it then!!!

I think we'll stick with our Mercedes. It's more capable than the Humvee. Note the beer can someone left on the bumper. Hours of rough trails, and the beer is still there!