It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:40 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

The very abbreviated version:

Donnie said on another board to RF
Quote:
Ah Grace is just happy because she thinks folks don't see her as a dishonest pin headed hypocrite . Judging by PM's I get from people pretty disgusted with how I was banned for replying to her Crap statement on envirolink by noting her comment came from a dumb....

Now I take that as PM's after his ban, which he couldn't have received here at this board, as once banned you cannot check PM's, correct??

So I replied
Quote:
I had nothing to do with your banning, you buried yourself. You are so pathetic in trying to make yourself look like an unsung hero. So 1 or 2 of your Envirolink backslappers PM'd you at this board [the Ethic Discussion Board] and I can guess who since only 1 or 2 are members here and there [at Envirolink] cause the rest of your bully gang would have no problem posting it in Topics from Other Boards here. But the 1 or 2 cowards who backslapped you didn't want Josh to see them bad mouthing him...

Donnie then came back with this contradictory statement:
Quote:
Did I say folks here made those PM's Grace? I got those PM's before I was banned and on envirolink. It is a given that you are a dishonest person and it was folks at envirolink that PM'd me warning that you were obvioiusly dishonest.....

So, the question is how did Donnie get PM's at Envirolink from people "disgusted that he was banned", if he cannot check PM's here, but moreso, BEFORE HE WAS BANNED?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:58 pm 

grace why not keep this arguement at fmb? just curious.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:05 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
The very abbreviated version:

Donnie said on another board to RF
Quote:
Ah Grace is just happy because she thinks folks don't see her as a dishonest pin headed hypocrite . Judging by PM's I get from people pretty disgusted with how I was banned for replying to her Crap statement on envirolink by noting her comment came from a dumb....

Now I take that as PM's after his ban, which he couldn't have received here at this board, as once banned you cannot check PM's, correct??

So I replied
Quote:
I had nothing to do with your banning, you buried yourself. You are so pathetic in trying to make yourself look like an unsung hero. So 1 or 2 of your Envirolink backslappers PM'd you at this board [the Ethic Discussion Board] and I can guess who since only 1 or 2 are members here and there [at Envirolink] cause the rest of your bully gang would have no problem posting it in Topics from Other Boards here. But the 1 or 2 cowards who backslapped you didn't want Josh to see them bad mouthing him...

Donnie then came back with this contradictory statement:
Quote:
Did I say folks here made those PM's Grace? I got those PM's before I was banned and on envirolink. It is a given that you are a dishonest person and it was folks at envirolink that PM'd me warning that you were obvioiusly dishonest.....

So, the question is how did Donnie get PM's at Envirolink from people "disgusted that he was banned", if he cannot check PM's here, but moreso, BEFORE HE WAS BANNED?

I think it was clear before Donnie was given a "time out" that it was coming. I thought I was clear in my posting and PMs to Donnie that he had crossed the line and I was bringing the question before the rest of the Admins on what to do about it. I imagine there was quite enough time to have several discussions before the decision was made and there was a temporary ban placed.

Also for the record the statement was not that the information was coming from a dumb*** but he clearly stated that person was a dumb***, which is a personal attack. Everyone here knows that is not allowed and anyone guilty of making one will be judged accordingly. There was another poster who made a similar attack in the midst of a fast and furious heated debate and that was taken into account. That poster received a warning, partly because they saw their error and expressed regret for getting out of line.

As Josh said about another question in the Feedback Forum, we understand things will happen and if it is corrected quickly so the mods do not have to become involved it is better for us. Of course, if there becomes a pattern of such attacks designed to intimidate the opposition in such a quick reply debate I am sure I would not look at it as kindly. I imagine the rest of the Admins would hold similar views as well.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:05 pm 
Right. Donnie should have phrased his insult in the form of a question, and all would have been okay. Like on Jeapordy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:06 pm 
wijim wrote:
grace why not keep this arguement at fmb? just curious.

Not her "style".