EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:53 pm 
This user has been banned

Genesis 1:29-31 seems pretty clear to me too

God said, see I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food.

And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.

And it was so, God saw everything that he had made, for indeed it was very good.

And what of Isaiah 11:6-9 ?

The wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion and the fatling togetherm and a little child shall lead them.
The cow and the bear shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat strasw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adders's den. They will not hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:57 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I'm not a Bible basher,I just have no belief in any Deity. What exactly is the point of your post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:00 pm 

OK I dug this up from another post, Double checked with our Chaplain,and even saw it in a Bible that a guy on my crew carries:

And God blessed them and told them, "Multiply and fill the earth and subdue it; you are the masters of the fish and birds and all the animals". Genesis 1:28

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:16 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

um insulting one's religion.....now isnt that against the rules? bible bashers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:40 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

wijim wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

um insulting one's religion.....now isnt that against the rules? bible bashers?

I think it was supposed to translate into "Bible thumpers" in English ... :lol:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:19 pm 

Well, I thought you might have pulled up a verse that said, "Thou shalt not kill animals." But I see you didn't. All you've done is pull up verses that: 1. Don't apply to us any more. That's old law stuff. 2. Don't tell us to not kill animals. And 3. Leave out the verses that tell us to have dominion over animals, eat animals, hunt animals, and be thankful for whatever food you are blessed enough to receive for nourishment.

Now, go stick your hand in an adder's den and then tell me if we are living in those times. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:37 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Not to mention that Isaiah was prophesying about the new heaven and the new earth. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:04 pm 

Archer wrote:
Well, I thought you might have pulled up a verse that said, "Thou shalt not kill animals." But I see you didn't. All you've done is pull up verses that: 1. Don't apply to us any more. That's old law stuff. 2. Don't tell us to not kill animals. And 3. Leave out the verses that tell us to have dominion over animals, eat animals, hunt animals, and be thankful for whatever food you are blessed enough to receive for nourishment.

Now, go stick your hand in an adder's den and then tell me if we are living in those times. :wink:

If I bumped into you hunting I would put you over my knee and slap your baby bottom child ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:03 pm 

Insomnia wrote:
Archer wrote:

If I bumped into you hunting I would put you over my knee and slap your baby bottom child ;)

I hope you've got a strong knee. :lol: I'm not exactly light.

Oh, you're just like your daddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:38 pm 

Insomnia wrote:
Archer wrote:

I guess you guys were right about the S & M crowd and the other thread :D

Post subject: Replenish the Earth
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:26 pm 

Replenish the Earth is not mentioned from Genesis because selfishness and stupidity rule. God never said to OVERpopulate the Earth, use up all the soil, animals, plants, and water, or pollute ourselves to death. Most of the books are really made up writings of various human beings for various reasons, often delusional--most often with nothing to do with God the Creator.
I am a Deist. I don't need the made up sections of the Bible, the Bagdiva, writings of bullshit bhudda, Joe Smith, or the koran. I don't need a BS tax write off church. I feel sorry for atheists and agnostics. Even Stephen Hawking said that God must exist because mathematically there was only a one in 100,000 chance of this being a positive universe.

Post subject: Re: Replenish the Earth
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:39 pm 

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
Replenish the Earth is not mentioned from Genesis because selfishness and stupidity rule. God never said to OVERpopulate the Earth, use up all the soil, animals, plants, and water, or pollute ourselves to death. Most of the books are really made up writings of various human beings for various reasons, often delusional--most often with nothing to do with God the Creator.
I am a Deist. I don't need the made up sections of the Bible, the Bagdiva, writings of bullshit bhudda, Joe Smith, or the koran. I don't need a BS tax write off church. I feel sorry for atheists and agnostics. Even Stephen Hawking said that God must exist because mathematically there was only a one in 100,000 chance of this being a positive universe.

why?

i used to say i was atheist....but i dont know if that label fits. i just refuse to "worship" in general.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:22 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Insomnia wrote:

The wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion and the fatling togetherm and a little child shall lead them.
The cow and the bear shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat strasw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adders's den. They will not hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain...

I really love when people post excerpts from the Bible in their attempt to twist said excerpts to fit their argument. So with this, I ask....

Has the shoot come up from the stump of Jesse?

You see Insomnia, this passage from Isaiah is a proclamation of things to come and what will occur when the shoot rises from the stump of Jesse. As of now, I don't think that shoot has grown.

Post subject: Re: Replenish the Earth
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:59 pm 

wijim wrote:
Johhny Electriglide wrote:

why?

i used to say i was atheist....but i dont know if that label fits. i just refuse to "worship" in general.

It is a direct and loving communication with the Great Spirit, the Creator of love, beauty, the universe, and all the Laws of Nature. The love of the Father can be felt, and guidance and power from Him is palpable to those who only seek and ask. I pray to do God's Will, not my own, every day(Is this worship?). I couldn't play the guitar heavy, or stay sober without His Power. In fact, I would not even be alive through many years of flying and 900 unarmed combat Dustoff missions, or through my adventures free climbing, and years of using skilsaws and walking roof rafters and tall walls. He blessed me with unusual intelligence and the love of a great woman.
I believe, and feel it is right from Him, that if you are good, you will live forever(or at least trillions of years) in what we call Heaven, and if you are bad, you die when you die. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:57 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Capitalistswine wrote:
Insomnia wrote:

I really love when people post excerpts from the Bible in their attempt to twist said excerpts to fit their argument. So with this, I ask....

Has the shoot come up from the stump of Jesse?

You see Insomnia, this passage from Isaiah is a proclamation of things to come and what will occur when the shoot rises from the stump of Jesse. As of now, I don't think that shoot has grown.

The stump of Jesse Jackson or Jesse Helms?

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein