[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Complaint about anti-Canadian postings

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:46 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:00 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:20 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:31 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:35 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:37 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Part of the history of the post in question of Spin's is that it was posted:

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:41 pm

And the offensive pictures were removed in an edit less than 45 minutes later.

Last edited by Spin on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Even if they were offensive there was a pro-active effort to remove the potential by the poster, which would be a factor to consider as a difference.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:43 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:48 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:58 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:08 am 

i understand donnie's issue. its obvious he is not offended....but is calling for consistency. i think thats the statement he's on about, not that he's actually that thin skinned.

but honestly if you banned meat hunter for that....im just curious....did you warn him about it? i mean i was accused of trying to incite when i posted fish pictures.....(one was filleted, or in the process of being filleted)..im not certain if my goal was to incite (i really don't recall, i do recall i was proud of the catch though). it could have been...but it may have also been innocent as i do often post pictures in similar fashion on bulletin boards for general info, and not to incite. my point being, i was given the opportunity to remove mine back then and did so at the request of the moderation/admin at that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:36 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:31 am 
New User
New User

Only in Newfoundland would a photo of a seal being skinned alive be okay and much loved, but a political cartoon of a bunch of useless lying politicians whacking seals to death in the Governor General's palace be such an outrage, that it should see me skinned alive and my hide nailed to the front door of this glorious forum is in my humble opinion a slight over reaction. Anyway, most Newfies I know would love to see the backside of Canada!!

My "pathetically stupid photoshop" political cartoons (as are most political cartoons) are supposed to incite a strong reaction. I get tons of e-mails from Japan for having included their (over whales), but no one has suggested I remove them... So far I've only been sued by a puppy mill for libel (not a cartoon but because I said there kennel was a puppy mill on my website), and they have since dropped their action against me (I put the entire Notice of Action online, and got their lawyers upset at the bad publicity)...

:roll: