EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:05 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Bean wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
I mentioned that most children should not witness their pet being beaten to death...

I don't see what Jim did as a "pet being beaten to death" in a negative (i.e., abusive) way.

I see it as using a shovel to bring about final death to an animal already on death's door, euthanizing an animal who's just about there anyway

Since Jim and his daughter discussed it, it's clear that his daughter could never perceive what he did as him having engaged in beating a pet to death in an abusive manner, and that's what's important, that his daughter understands that her father does not "beat up on animals for the thrill of it" and that he took care of euthing the animal himself. It's for sure the cat didn't care one way or another, whether his death came by natural body shutdown, shovel, or chemical shot, not since he was already doing death gasping.

Why does everyone want to add "abusive" to what I posted? Where did I ever mention abuse? I believe the act of beating an animal to death regardless of the motives is a potential problem for children to process. The reference was only to the possible hidden scaring her being a witness to that may have caused. It is only good parenting to be aware of the possibility of such a problem in case signs begin to appear.

an innocent mistake. i was not aware of your accepting it as ok because you only gave a converse view previously by stating "it could leave scars" [paraphrased of course]......and the term abuse was feeding off barbs language.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8