EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:45 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Amy7779311 wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
You guys don't get it, do you? You have completely elevated this Barb person to a superhero status.
-josh

Kind of like how some have elevated FMB to a similar status, eh?

A very approperate point in light of how this thread became the thread it did Amy.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:49 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Amy7779311 wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
You guys don't get it, do you? You have completely elevated this Barb person to a superhero status.
-josh

Kind of like how some have elevated FMB to a similar status, eh?

A very approperate point in light of how this thread became the thread it did Amy.

Exactly.

Think we'll get our own star here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:55 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
I find it comical that there is such a need to discuss this board there and in such depth when there must be other more interesting topics that could be discussed with the new posters. Oh that is right, they rarely stay past the first encounter so you have to go out and drag posting material back into the forum.

One of the earlier reasons was because one person was banned here and obviously could not post his questions or comments on this board. Of course, another reason is that it's just plain entertaining to discuss the mishaps of a previous debate...within the confines of what you consider your home.

What's wrong with sitting amongst friends and chatting about some of the more ridiculous aspects of any certain heated debate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:58 am 

Oh and by the way ,the Topics from other boards complete with the deleted posts kinda proved that Barb was more like the direct opposite of the upright and stalwart superhero . When a person had direct proof that Barb was cheating or lying you could be sure enough of a deletion that you could copy the thread and just wait for the deletion. Took awhile for her to catch on but she finally did get the message. So then she banned people. Fact is ,she banned so many people that hardly anyone was left at one point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:01 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Oh that is right, they rarely stay past the first encounter so you have to go out and drag posting material back into the forum.

To expound on the point Origam made about me sticking around FMB...

Let's not forget that this is not all about who is/was pro-AR and who is not. It's about the claim that people who come to FMB get chased away by our gang mentality. Well I happen to know a few more people who have decided to stick it out and weather the few storms that we've had between members over there...two of them being in Origam's orginal list and who came to FMB shortly after I did. We also have other regulars over there who are not "buds" with the accused, yet they have found their place at FMB just the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:02 am 
Quote:
Unless you believe that CHANGING a definition in mid-sentence is rational or even common with anyone other than yourself you have just proved nothing. I am sure you want to believe that, but we are dealing with the real world where the English language has rules to allow communication and not you world where nothing is ever to me made clear because you get tripped up with the truth.

You're really reaching here, Wayne.

Where's the rule that says an adjective can't have two different meanings in the same sentence when applied to two different nouns?

The adjective "stupid" in fact has meanings that apply to acts, and other meanings that are more applicable to people.

There is absolutely nothing irrational about someone holding that THIS fits in the case of an act: resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting.....and THIS fits in the case of a person: slow of mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:04 am 
Quote:
You have completely elevated this Barb person to a superhero status.

More like an ongoing joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:11 am 
BTW, it might help you to think of it in this manner, Wayne.

Festus doesn't DEFINE a stupid person, by a stupid act. There are definitions of stupid specifically appropriate to acts.

When Festus said that committing a stupid act doesn't make someone stupid....that's pretty much what he was saying, as I see it. That he doesn't define a stupid person by a stupid act.

Perhaps you do. No problem....but uh...I gotta tell you....You must consider everyone in the world to be a stupid person. 'Cept you, of course. I'm sure you've never acted stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:13 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

My mom used to watch soap operas. On snow days us kids would watch some too. It didn't matter how long between watching an episode. You could always pick up right where it left off the last time you saw it. It was always boring. It never changed. Like here.

One difference though. Soap operas are truthful. They're worthless schlock and don't pretend to be anything more than worthless schlock.

Yea, you built a shrine to Barb, Evil Incarnate. She has you all running in circles. Its easy to spin out these yarns when the other person isn't present. When do we get to hear the other side of this epic saga?

Oh I forgot. I'm her and she's me. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:20 am 

sianblooz wrote:
My mom used to watch soap operas. On snow days us kids would watch some too. It didn't matter how long between watching an episode. You could always pick up right where it left off the last time you saw it. It was always boring. It never changed. Like here.

One difference though. Soap operas are truthful. They're worthless schlock and don't pretend to be anything more than worthless schlock.

Yea, you built a shrine to Barb, Evil Incarnate. She has you all running in circles. Its easy to spin out these yarns when the other person isn't present. When do we get to hear the other side of this epic saga?

Oh I forgot. I'm her and she's me. LOL

How typical of you Barb. RF had it right. You are like a continuing Joke. Neat that you plug in at just the right time with just the same old pretentions. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:20 am 
Quote:
Oh I forgot. I'm her and she's me.

When you start forgetting which personna you are currently inhabiting, you are probably about two steps from a nut-house. But I don't think anyone ever thought it was such a far trip for you anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:24 am 
Quote:
...go on crusades against her anywhere she pops up online.

Somehow, she keeps "popping up" wherever "we" go. Damnest thing, really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:31 am 

RF wrote:
Quote:
...go on crusades against her anywhere she pops up online.

Somehow, she keeps "popping up" wherever "we" go. Damnest thing, really.

HUUUUMMMM. Troll Du Jour , Day to day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:34 am 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the second most popular forum on FMB, post wise is the "Topics form other Boards" where topics from here are discussed between yourselves so you can show your support and brag about what you think you have done? It seems that without such a influx of material that board would have an even harder time holding interest, IMO.

I find it comical that there is such a need to discuss this board there and in such depth when there must be other more interesting topics that could be discussed with the new posters. Oh that is right, they rarely stay past the first encounter so you have to go out and drag posting material back into the forum.

That reminds me of the current administrations stance on the environment for some reason .... just plain dumb.

Can you tell me why the most popular forum here has become the one where you are trying to make your case about the FMB Superheroes? It really does seem to me that without the FMB Superheroes here, you would be back to a marginal handful of people, endlessly rehashing the same old AR vs anti-AR arguments.

And really...Envirolink has a HELL of lot of members who never bother to make their FIRST post. There's also quite a few with only one or two posts to their credit, I would wager.

But there's no need for you to speculate too greatly about FMB, Wayne. You spent some time there, carrying on with sly innuendo about your penis....discussing some of the people who were currently posting at animalrights net....stuff like that.

Why did you leave? Charismatic personality wasn't a big hit there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:27 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

RF
Quote:
Superheroes

Oh man. You just made my day with that one.
But I think Donnie has the accurate name for you.
Troll du Jour.
Now THAT is funny Donnie. I didn't think you had it in you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next