EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:39 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

sianblooz wrote:
RF
Quote:
Superheroes

Oh man. You just made my day with that one.
But I think Donnie has the accurate name for you.
Troll du Jour.
Now THAT is funny Donnie. I didn't think you had it in you.

sianblooz I see you updated your profile. Did you move from NM? Nevermind that's a personal question. Just wondering why you removed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:52 am 
sianblooz wrote:
RF
Quote:
Superheroes

Troll du Jour.

He didn't invent it. He got it from someone else. I doubt she invented it, either....but she did invent the character that went along with it. Trouble was...it was a character that acted like the characters that went along with all the other names. It was so funny...the one over-riding characteristic that was always a dead giveaway was the apparent need to continually lie about....really...very trivial matters. I mean...obvious lies. I mean..lies that were stark and apparent, and needed no explanation at all. One just had to read from one of her posts to the next to see the complete self-contradiction, and see how apparent it was that it was deliberate.

Not to mention her tall tales. You should have heard the one about how hunters burned down her shed.

Or the one about how hunters actually SHOT her...and here she is bleeding from a gunshot wound...she calls the GAME WARDEN....hahahaha...no really...stick with me here...she calls the game warden...because she's been shot by a HUNTER, you see and so that is obviously the proper person to call... and when he gets there after hours and hours of her bleeding from a gunshot wound...he JUST BLOWS HER OFF! Really! She's been shot, and he won't do anything about it! Nothing! I suppose that story illustrated how law enforcement was all on the side of the hunters. In fact, I think that is the very conclusion she drew from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:56 am 

sianblooz wrote:
RF
Quote:
Superheroes

Troll du Jour.

Figured RF would get a kick out of another one of your old handles Barb. "Hog Hoser" was much better though or "Fence climbing Granny " or the "Rat's Catapult." You were such a fun trip. As RF and I have noted a joke Troll Du Jour day to day. BTW. I didn't know Flipping rats at big birds was a Management position in human terms. Fenetry T Eagle give you the new classification?? :lol: :wink:

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:11 pm 
Here's another one...

She also claimed to be a wildlife rehabber...an unpaid volunteer at a local rehab center of some sort. But it was always just a little puzzling to me how little she seemed to know about wildlife rehabbing in general.

For one thing, she categorically denied that there were any professional wildlife rehabbers, in the way of arguing how altruistic of an activity it is. But when proof of paid wildlife rehabbers was posted, she claimed ignorance of the fact. Now...bass fisherman are aware that some individuals are professional bass fishermen. Hobbyist drag racers know that some people drag race for a living. In fact...it seems to me that anyone who is deeply involved in an activity for fun...personal gratification, etc...on a hobby-type basis....is WELL AWARE that some lucky individuals get to carry on that activity full time and get paid for it. I dunno...maybe she really was the ignorant exception to that....but she really did claim to be SO authoritive on the subject, had been doing it so long...so deeply involved.... and so well aware of everything that went on within the activity.

But strangely enough...she was again ignorant...this time of the existence of government operated rehab centers....WHEN THERE WAS ONE WITHIN A FEW MILES OF WHERE SHE LIVED. Really! And when the link to the center was posted...and it was quite obvious that yes, this was indeed a government operated and at least partially government funded rehab center ( it did take donations too)...what did she do? She DENIED that facility was government funded and operated. And a couple of her trollish characters came in and supported her in that denial too, you can betchyurass! But there was the website...plainly exhibiting a government funded and operated rehab center...with a couple professional rehabbers at the helm, no less...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:38 pm 

So Wayne.. if no one cares that they post on FMB why do you keep mentioning it from time to time? Sure seems like some people care about where people post other than here.

As for your double standard , shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out.. but I'll help you. If some non-FMB person posts and two non-FMB people jump on them it's a debate, however if a non-fmb person posts and two FMB people jump on them it would turn into a huge arguement over FMB "gang" like tactics. Double standard? I think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:30 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Amy7779311 wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
You guys don't get it, do you? You have completely elevated this Barb person to a superhero status.
-josh

Kind of like how some have elevated FMB to a similar status, eh?

No, I doubt if you will find anyone following this group around and such an obsession with what they do ....

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:33 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Amy7779311 wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
You guys don't get it, do you? You have completely elevated this Barb person to a superhero status.
-josh

Kind of like how some have elevated FMB to a similar status, eh?

A very approperate point in light of how this thread became the thread it did Amy.

Actually, this thread was the result of the actions HERE and thus a problem HERE. If that problem ceases HERE there would be no mention of the group at all .... :roll:

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:36 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Amy7779311 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Oh that is right, they rarely stay past the first encounter so you have to go out and drag posting material back into the forum.

To expound on the point Origam made about me sticking around FMB...

Let's not forget that this is not all about who is/was pro-AR and who is not. It's about the claim that people who come to FMB get chased away by our gang mentality. Well I happen to know a few more people who have decided to stick it out and weather the few storms that we've had between members over there...two of them being in Origam's orginal list and who came to FMB shortly after I did. We also have other regulars over there who are not "buds" with the accused, yet they have found their place at FMB just the same.

Yes, that is why there have been the numbers of new posters and posts over the last year? I looked at the stats and they do not lie. When was it these "regulars" joined? It does not appear to have been in the last year.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:41 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

RF wrote:
Quote:
Unless you believe that CHANGING a definition in mid-sentence is rational or even common with anyone other than yourself you have just proved nothing. I am sure you want to believe that, but we are dealing with the real world where the English language has rules to allow communication and not you world where nothing is ever to me made clear because you get tripped up with the truth.

You're really reaching here, Wayne.

Where's the rule that says an adjective can't have two different meanings in the same sentence when applied to two different nouns?

The adjective "stupid" in fact has meanings that apply to acts, and other meanings that are more applicable to people.

There is absolutely nothing irrational about someone holding that THIS fits in the case of an act: resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting.....and THIS fits in the case of a person: slow of mind.

I am reaching when you change the definition of a word from one part of the sentence to anther? The terms are connected within the sentence and there is NO honest way to try to make that claim fit.

It is irrational to everyone except maybe the "support group" that the same term had a changing definition within the sentence with the context of the posts explaining it.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:49 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Origam wrote:
So Wayne.. if no one cares that they post on FMB why do you keep mentioning it from time to time? Sure seems like some people care about where people post other than here.

As for your double standard , shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out.. but I'll help you. If some non-FMB person posts and two non-FMB people jump on them it's a debate, however if a non-fmb person posts and two FMB people jump on them it would turn into a huge arguement over FMB "gang" like tactics. Double standard? I think so.

Look at the first series of posts on this thread as an example, there is an immediate support from the group when it was pointed out the original post was unclear and there was thus no reason to claim misrepresentation. How many within the this group has posted anything other than a support for that view in the first pages of this thread? Most of the other posters seem to ask for clarification before they jump on posters but not all. Most of those who post of FMB seem to support the clique, but not all. Those that do in both cases are a problem.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:51 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Orig am wrote:
So Wayne.. if no one cares that they post on FM why do you keep mentioning it from time to time? Sure seems like some people care about where people post other than here.

As for your double standard , shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out.. but I'll help you. If some non-FM person posts and two non-FM people jump on them it's a debate, however if a non-FM person posts and two FM people jump on them it would turn into a huge argument over FM "gang" like tactics. Double standard? I think so.

Make it even simpler for me, find where two non-FM people have jumped on a new poster ... how far back do you think you will have to go to prove that concept?

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:54 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Quote:
It really does seem to me that without the FMB Superheroes here, you would be back to a marginal handful of people, endlessly rehashing the same old AR vs anti-AR arguments.

LOL, this sounds like the same argument that XveganXphantomuk,etc. used- "This board would be nothing without us!!".
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:57 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

oinks wrote:
Quote:
It really does seem to me that without the FM Superheroes here, you would be back to a marginal handful of people, endlessly rehashing the same old AR vs anti-AR arguments.

LIL, this sounds like the same argument that ,etc. used- "This board would be nothing without us!!".
:roll:

That is true, they made the same claims .....

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:05 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

RF wrote:
And really...Envirolink has a HELL of lot of members who never bother to make their FIRST post. There's also quite a few with only one or two posts to their credit, I would wager.

If you had read the stats I posted from both boards you would have seen a similar number of new posters in each board generated more posts here than on FMB, but the time frame for here was ~3 weeks as opposed to a year for FMB.

Quote:
But there's no need for you to speculate too greatly about FMB, Wayne. You spent some time there, carrying on with sly innuendo about your penis....discussing some of the people who were currently posting at animalrights net....stuff like that.

No, it is not speculation since I did have first hand experience with the board and disliked the style it presented.

Quote:
Why did you leave? Charismatic personality wasn't a big hit there?

No, it was not a good forum, IMO. It was not set up for discussion and it was not worth the effort. I saw more discussion on other boards and that was my goal.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:09 pm 
Quote:
I am reaching when you change the definition of a word from one part of the sentence to anther? The terms are connected within the sentence and there is NO honest way to try to make that claim fit.

I ask again...what rule says that an adjective can't have different meanings within the same sentence? After all, it is the same word but it is being used to modify two different nouns within the same sentence.

Mere contradiction isn't rebuttal and it doesn't counter my argument, Wayne.

BTW...mind quoting THE sentence you are referring to?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next