EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:38 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

My Username: Well, one day I had to pick a username for some forum. I wanted it to describe Elmo also. It took me about an hour but I came up with the unique redfurrymonster84. :D And I use that for everything... sometimes furryredmonster.

My Avatar: Well, someone just made it for me and I love it :D :D :D I think it explains its self.

My Siggy: Um, I am constantly changing it. Right now it is just a thank you note, however.

So, explain yourself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:15 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

My username. While I lurked at this forum I noticed there were folks from the hunting side and and the anti hunting side. I thought hunter88 would let people know my stance and avoid confusion. Though someone once wanted to make something out of the 88. I started using that number on another forum because I had to add a number to the name I wanted to use, and 88 reminded me of the password I was using.

My avatar has changed, and the one I'm using now is a picture I just took this morning while out turkey hunting.

My sig. Saw it somewhere and liked it so I decided to use it. I've seen another one, and have thought of changing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:39 pm 

My user name: When I started posting on the Acme boards about 7 years ago (yikes) my handle was Amazing Grace. I shortened it to Grace, since people assumed I was very religious (and I'm not). Just amazing. :lol:

My avatar: Just liked it. No special meaning except I like the colors blue & black and I thought it was pretty.

My signature: Self explanatory. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:54 pm 

My user name: it's my name

My avatar: A photo of me with my kids

My signature: Oops... never thought about having one!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:42 pm 

My name should read Johnny Electriglide from a take off from the movie "Electraglide in Blue" and the way I play electric guitar blues, like Hendrix in "Are You Experienced". Come up my way and let me prove it to you....
The new avatar is from electric, like ride the lightning. The old one, the eagle, is from being an American Nationalist Patriot and veteran.
The signature is also my philosophy of life, that I live by and promote. Deep ecology. Walkin' the talk. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:50 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

My name is taken from the original spelling of my first name, an off the wall spelling of part of my real last name, plus a favorite color (cyan blue) and favorite style of music (blues). I've used the same name on line for a few years but spell it a little differently now.

Johnny - I've liked your sig line from the first time I read it. The sig lines I've thought about adding would probably get me thrown off the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:33 am 

Dang.. I've had my username for eons. To make a long story short, I posted on a board as Amber and along cam another person who decided to call themselves Amber.. and things got confusing, so since I was the "original" Amber on the board they dubbed me Original Amber but shortened it to Origam because people are just lazy like that. :) It's stuck with me over the years. I've had some usernames that were pretty out there way back in the day of having to actually dial up a number to call a bbs. :shock: Holy crap.. has it been 19 years?!

My avatar is a picture of a shark. I like sharks, much of my adoration for sharks came from Peter Benchley (rest in peace dude). Sharks are amazing creatures that I think are greatly misunderstood and hated because of the lack of knowledge about them and because of what is written about them.

My signature actually appeared on a church billboard.. I thought it was interesting. That and I couldn't use what I wanted to use because it was to long. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:55 am 

Origam wrote:
Dang.. I've had my username for eons. To make a long story short, I posted on a board as Amber and along cam another person who decided to call themselves Amber.. and things got confusing, so since I was the "original" Amber on the board they dubbed me Original Amber but shortened it to Origam because people are just lazy like that. :) It's stuck with me over the years. I've had some usernames that were pretty out there way back in the day of having to actually dial up a number to call a bbs. :shock: Holy crap.. has it been 19 years?!

Your handle has an interesting story. I wondered what it meant (thought it was a cross between something organic & something Japanese) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:20 am 

Grace wrote:
Origam wrote:

Your handle has an interesting story. I wondered what it meant (thought it was a cross between something organic & something Japanese) :lol:

I thought maybe she liked to fold little paper swans or something!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:25 am 

Well,I'm too lazy to upload an av so far,but my user name is derived from what the guys call me on the crew,The VenomMedic. When I'm in a really bad mood they'd call me "True venom" which is where my original user name came from,then Wayne christened me Mr. Venom a few weeks back making a joke after someone here having a fit because I won't give them my real name!!

All those nicks come from my love of snakes and herpetology,which I'm currently working on my Masters.

My quote changes like the wind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:05 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

As you can see, my user name is my name, it was from the beginning of my experiences with this forum until we had a server crash and had to sign up again. I used a name an ARA had given me up to the point I became a moderator and then switched back. The avatar is a nod to my neck-ish origins in the mountains where being a trespasser might just get you shot. My signature is something I feel fits my mood most of the time.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:42 pm 

I think Grace and Mr. Venom need to be paddled. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:52 am 

Me first..me first!!! (it's been a long,long day!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:00 am 

Mr. Venom wrote:
Me first..me first!!! (it's been a long,long day!!)

:lol: That just made my day (how sad is that?). :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:54 pm 

My handle comes from my love of bowhunting, although I will hunt with anything.

My avatar should be self-explanatory. Everyone knows I'm an angel. :D

My signature changes from time to time. It's usually a Leupold quote, although I changed it when some ARA's (or ARA types) wouldn't answer any of my questions for anything.