EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:29 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:
Sure you did Wayne . You assumed nobody would notice your sentence structure was meant to imply that a horse could outcount RF and that would anger RF. You had to work that trick by indicating that you assumed the horse was more intelligent and hen implying that your assumption would anger RF. Would you like to stop your childness and act more like an adult now. Puffing yourself up like you have been doing lately isn't helping your internet persona Wayne. Stating by your unilateral choice that others are beneath your intelligence when in fact they have shown your own transgressions is making you look like a paper tiger.



Hey Donnie? RF can handle his own. You're employing a double standard by calling Wayne on the horse counting post, when, for example, RF implies here that Wayne is like an idiot-savant monkey.


RF
Quote:
I'm willing to explain my use of terms and what they mean to the point. There's a difference between that and standing there pointing to a dictionary like an idiot-savant monkey that can recognize a symbol on a paper but can't go on to form real thoughts.



So it is that obvious that Wayne is having trouble that Grace had to put on her cape and come riding to the rescue. Gotcha> Would you see that you are telling me to lay off support of Rf's maintaining dignity here by pointing out that Wayne is trying to destroy him with marginalization tactics. So you don't see your own double standard in jumping on my case Grace??


No rescue mission here, Donnie. Just reminding you to clean off your nose and start reading the threads a little more closely to see how obvious your double standard is. It's one thing to come to one's defense on an issue or a blatant one-sided flame war. Quite another to turn a blind eye to your side's battle tactics, while berating another for using the same.



Sure you are applying double standards Grace. Because I pointed out that RF is being marginalized isn't being a vulgar exercize s you indicate Grace. RF pointed out something that needs to be addressed. Wayne is not the all authoitive figure and mind reading expert he claims to be. As for those standards you seem to have forgotten how the twisted sisters used those standards on us. If we are wrong, time will destroy us as it did your former sisterhood. However I believe we have already arrived at an important point in these debates. Sianblooz is now stating that she supports hunting as long as the meat is used. A new Puppy standard for sure but we can now continue from a new base point.

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:31 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Archer wrote:
Dang. I hate when this happens. I left this thread in a decent discussion. Now it's another bout between RF and Wayne with everybody else chiming in with their two cents. Well here's my $.02. I say we get back to the discussion at hand. What was it again? Hunting? Guns? Grace's Murano? I don't even remember.




The point of this whole concept by Watson is built on a strawman Fallacy. Hunting exists because hunters exist and we still do gather our food whether in grocery stores or in the wild. Some is hunted and gathered as meat while other food is hunted and gathered as plant food fibre wether it is wild blueberry or wild deer or domesticated ungulate and hydro grown tomatoes. Watson's strawman doesn't match the truth.

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:36 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:
Sure you did Wayne . You assumed nobody would notice your sentence structure was meant to imply that a horse could outcount RF and that would anger RF. You had to work that trick by indicating that you assumed the horse was more intelligent and hen implying that your assumption would anger RF. Would you like to stop your childness and act more like an adult now. Puffing yourself up like you have been doing lately isn't helping your internet persona Wayne. Stating by your unilateral choice that others are beneath your intelligence when in fact they have shown your own transgressions is making you look like a paper tiger.



Hey Donnie? RF can handle his own. You're employing a double standard by calling Wayne on the horse counting post, when, for example, RF implies here that Wayne is like an idiot-savant monkey.


RF
Quote:
I'm willing to explain my use of terms and what they mean to the point. There's a difference between that and standing there pointing to a dictionary like an idiot-savant monkey that can recognize a symbol on a paper but can't go on to form real thoughts.



So it is that obvious that Wayne is having trouble that Grace had to put on her cape and come riding to the rescue. Gotcha> Would you see that you are telling me to lay off support of Rf's maintaining dignity here by pointing out that Wayne is trying to destroy him with marginalization tactics. So you don't see your own double standard in jumping on my case Grace??


No rescue mission here, Donnie. Just reminding you to clean off your nose and start reading the threads a little more closely to see how obvious your double standard is. It's one thing to come to one's defense on an issue or a blatant one-sided flame war. Quite another to turn a blind eye to your side's battle tactics, while berating another for using the same.



Sure you are applying double standards Grace. Because I pointed out that RF is being marginalized isn't being a vulgar exercize s you indicate Grace. RF pointed out something that needs to be addressed. Wayne is not the all authoitive figure and mind reading expert he claims to be.


Now I'm applying double standards? How is that? I'm not the one riding on someone for riding on someone who's riding on someone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:40 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:
Sure you did Wayne . You assumed nobody would notice your sentence structure was meant to imply that a horse could outcount RF and that would anger RF. You had to work that trick by indicating that you assumed the horse was more intelligent and hen implying that your assumption would anger RF. Would you like to stop your childness and act more like an adult now. Puffing yourself up like you have been doing lately isn't helping your internet persona Wayne. Stating by your unilateral choice that others are beneath your intelligence when in fact they have shown your own transgressions is making you look like a paper tiger.



Hey Donnie? RF can handle his own. You're employing a double standard by calling Wayne on the horse counting post, when, for example, RF implies here that Wayne is like an idiot-savant monkey.


RF
Quote:
I'm willing to explain my use of terms and what they mean to the point. There's a difference between that and standing there pointing to a dictionary like an idiot-savant monkey that can recognize a symbol on a paper but can't go on to form real thoughts.



So it is that obvious that Wayne is having trouble that Grace had to put on her cape and come riding to the rescue. Gotcha> Would you see that you are telling me to lay off support of Rf's maintaining dignity here by pointing out that Wayne is trying to destroy him with marginalization tactics. So you don't see your own double standard in jumping on my case Grace??


No rescue mission here, Donnie. Just reminding you to clean off your nose and start reading the threads a little more closely to see how obvious your double standard is. It's one thing to come to one's defense on an issue or a blatant one-sided flame war. Quite another to turn a blind eye to your side's battle tactics, while berating another for using the same.



Sure you are applying double standards Grace. Because I pointed out that RF is being marginalized isn't being a vulgar exercize s you indicate Grace. RF pointed out something that needs to be addressed. Wayne is not the all authoitive figure and mind reading expert he claims to be.


Now I'm applying double standards? How is that? I'm not the one riding on someone for riding on someone who's riding on someone.




:shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:49 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:
Sure you did Wayne . You assumed nobody would notice your sentence structure was meant to imply that a horse could outcount RF and that would anger RF. You had to work that trick by indicating that you assumed the horse was more intelligent and hen implying that your assumption would anger RF. Would you like to stop your childness and act more like an adult now. Puffing yourself up like you have been doing lately isn't helping your internet persona Wayne. Stating by your unilateral choice that others are beneath your intelligence when in fact they have shown your own transgressions is making you look like a paper tiger.



Hey Donnie? RF can handle his own. You're employing a double standard by calling Wayne on the horse counting post, when, for example, RF implies here that Wayne is like an idiot-savant monkey.


RF
Quote:
I'm willing to explain my use of terms and what they mean to the point. There's a difference between that and standing there pointing to a dictionary like an idiot-savant monkey that can recognize a symbol on a paper but can't go on to form real thoughts.



So it is that obvious that Wayne is having trouble that Grace had to put on her cape and come riding to the rescue. Gotcha> Would you see that you are telling me to lay off support of Rf's maintaining dignity here by pointing out that Wayne is trying to destroy him with marginalization tactics. So you don't see your own double standard in jumping on my case Grace??


No rescue mission here, Donnie. Just reminding you to clean off your nose and start reading the threads a little more closely to see how obvious your double standard is. It's one thing to come to one's defense on an issue or a blatant one-sided flame war. Quite another to turn a blind eye to your side's battle tactics, while berating another for using the same.



Sure you are applying double standards Grace. Because I pointed out that RF is being marginalized isn't being a vulgar exercize s you indicate Grace. RF pointed out something that needs to be addressed. Wayne is not the all authoitive figure and mind reading expert he claims to be.


Now I'm applying double standards? How is that? I'm not the one riding on someone for riding on someone who's riding on someone.




:shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:




Ok I'm riding on you for riding on Wayne for riding on RF who's also riding on Wayne. BUT, where is the double standard?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:47 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20468
Location: Southeastern US
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Except you completed you assumption and quatified it with perhaps. The point being you imade the structure appear as RF lost to the horse and that is what upset him perhaps. Not a hard thing to admitt you assume that nobdy would notice that slight of words Wayne,we being so stupid and all.


The use of "perhaps" would not 'complete an assumption' nor would it be 'quatified' ... I am not sure what that even is supposed to mean. I did ask the question, but the level of stupidity is your own construct as I assumed nothing.



Sure you did Wayne . You assumed nobody would notice your sentence structure was meant to imply that a horse could outcount RF and that would anger RF.


Which creates an assumption in my statement by what fashion? You seem to be saying the assumption was the effect on RF, which has nothing to do with my post being an assumption in any way.

Quote:
You had to work that trick by indicating that you assumed the horse was more intelligent and hen implying that your assumption would anger RF.


If I had assumed the horse was more intelligent I would have made the statement, but in asking the question I am not making an assumption. Are you clear on what is and is not an assumption.

Quote:
Would you like to stop your childness and act more like an adult now.


Odd that is directed at me when the first such statements were from your group and there was no such response to them .... can you say double standard? Sure you can you just did it.

Quote:
Puffing yourself up like you have been doing lately isn't helping your internet persona Wayne.


It is not a persona, it is the way I view things all of the time. :wink:

Quote:
Stating by your unilateral choice that others are beneath your intelligence when in fact they have shown your own transgressions is making you look like a paper tiger.


You can hold your own opinion and I will hold mine.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:59 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
Deleted

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Last edited by Donnie Mac Leod on Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:01 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Archer wrote:
Dang. I hate when this happens. I left this thread in a decent discussion. Now it's another bout between RF and Wayne with everybody else chiming in with their two cents. Well here's my $.02. I say we get back to the discussion at hand. What was it again? Hunting? Guns? Grace's Murano? I don't even remember.


Point taken, I had pointed out part of this thread should be moved to the open discussion earlier ( I do not like to make the choice if I am involved in such a discussion) which may bring it back into order. Until that time I will refrain from further posting on any but the subject of the thread.



Then I will delete my last post on this topic.

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:01 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
Donnie
Quote:
You are most likely the only person here who can not see how shallow your approach is Wayne


I truly doubt that, Donnie. I wouldn't presume to speak for everyone on this forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:15 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:
You are most likely the only person here who can not see how shallow your approach is Wayne


I truly doubt that, Donnie. I wouldn't presume to speak for everyone on this forum.



Nor did I say that I was speaking for everyone else Grace.

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:29 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Archer wrote:
Dang. I hate when this happens. I left this thread in a decent discussion. Now it's another bout between RF and Wayne with everybody else chiming in with their two cents. Well here's my $.02. I say we get back to the discussion at hand. What was it again? Hunting? Guns? Grace's Murano? I don't even remember.


Point taken, I had pointed out part of this thread should be moved to the open discussion earlier ( I do not like to make the choice if I am involved in such a discussion) which may bring it back into order. Until that time I will refrain from further posting on any but the subject of the thread.


Good deal. I think a separation would be just the cure, and I understand your reasons for not doing it yourself.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:13 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:
You are most likely the only person here who can not see how shallow your approach is Wayne


I truly doubt that, Donnie. I wouldn't presume to speak for everyone on this forum.



Nor did I say that I was speaking for everyone else Grace.


I stand corrected. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:53 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20468
Location: Southeastern US
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:
Sure you did Wayne . You assumed nobody would notice your sentence structure was meant to imply that a horse could outcount RF and that would anger RF. You had to work that trick by indicating that you assumed the horse was more intelligent and hen implying that your assumption would anger RF. Would you like to stop your childness and act more like an adult now. Puffing yourself up like you have been doing lately isn't helping your internet persona Wayne. Stating by your unilateral choice that others are beneath your intelligence when in fact they have shown your own transgressions is making you look like a paper tiger.



Hey Donnie? RF can handle his own. You're employing a double standard by calling Wayne on the horse counting post, when, for example, RF implies here that Wayne is like an idiot-savant monkey.


RF
Quote:
I'm willing to explain my use of terms and what they mean to the point. There's a difference between that and standing there pointing to a dictionary like an idiot-savant monkey that can recognize a symbol on a paper but can't go on to form real thoughts.



So it is that obvious that Wayne is having trouble that Grace had to put on her cape and come riding to the rescue. Gotcha> Would you see that you are telling me to lay off support of Rf's maintaining dignity here by pointing out that Wayne is trying to destroy him with marginalization tactics. So you don't see your own double standard in jumping on my case Grace??


No rescue mission here, Donnie. Just reminding you to clean off your nose and start reading the threads a little more closely to see how obvious your double standard is. It's one thing to come to one's defense on an issue or a blatant one-sided flame war. Quite another to turn a blind eye to your side's battle tactics, while berating another for using the same.



Sure you are applying double standards Grace. Because I pointed out that RF is being marginalized isn't being a vulgar exercize s you indicate Grace. RF pointed out something that needs to be addressed. Wayne is not the all authoitive figure and mind reading expert he claims to be.



How can Grace be using a double standard? Which other poster did she ignore when they made a similar claim? Feel free to quote them because they are not there. You used the double standard, as she pointed out, when you ignored the prior statements by RF solely on your belief he is "on your side in this discussion", which is by definition a double standard.

Notice the times of the quotes and how it was some 18 hours between the two, yet you have railed against one and not mentioned the other yet. How is my response in kind unfair to RF and his post to me acceptable? Other than your personal beliefs there is no justification and those personal beliefs are the basis for the double standard you employ. Maybe you should discuss this with your minister if you have trouble understanding the ethics of the matter.

http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtop ... 2536#42536

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:37 pm

RF wrote:
The thing is, you don't get to arbitrarily decide that for him like some paternalistic, finger-pointing monkey.



http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtop ... 2598#42598

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:55 am

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Still upset because the horse was better at counting than you were perhaps?

What does a horse beating you in counting have to do with the definition of "focus" that you also did not seem to know?



Quote:
As for those standards you seem to have forgotten how the twisted sisters used those standards on us. If we are wrong, time will destroy us as it did your former sisterhood. However I believe we have already arrived at an important point in these debates. Sianblooz is now stating that she supports hunting as long as the meat is used. A new Puppy standard for sure but we can now continue from a new base point.


Now you have some nebulous reason for using this double standard based on some situation with other people in the past? How does that justify dishonesty in any way? I suppose your all seeing and all knowing source can explain it for you .... :roll:

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:06 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Oh, this is much nicer. Thanks to whoever did the separating.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group