EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:49 am 
Offline
New User
New User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:43 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Sacramento, CA
Nature Noir by Jordan Fisher Smith?

He is doing a benefit reading for us next month. I am excited to have this event. I know in my neck of the woods this book has been read and was highly anticipated. I am just wondering if you have head of it, read it or are even interested in reading it.

http://naturenoir.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:56 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
That sounds interesting. Hrmm.. I have to go to the bookstore sometime this week, I may just see if they have it. :)

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:54 am 
Offline
New User
New User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:43 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Sacramento, CA
Origam wrote:
That sounds interesting. Hrmm.. I have to go to the bookstore sometime this week, I may just see if they have it. :)


If you wait a bit it will be coming out in paper back. Another reason he is doing a benefit reading for us. To sell the paper back version.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:55 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 1340
granola wrote:
Nature Noir by Jordan Fisher Smith?

He is doing a benefit reading for us next month. I am excited to have this event. I know in my neck of the woods this book has been read and was highly anticipated. I am just wondering if you have head of it, read it or are even interested in reading it.

http://naturenoir.com/


eye wood butt eye catn raed. :lol:

_________________
lately i been thinkin' aunt betty stopped her blinkin'....soon she'll be a stinkin'..........my deceased mother in law speaking of her aunt who had died.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:56 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
granola wrote:
If you wait a bit it will be coming out in paper back. Another reason he is doing a benefit reading for us. To sell the paper back version.


Paperback is always good. Can you give me a heads up when it comes out in paperback?

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:36 pm 
Offline
New User
New User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:43 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Sacramento, CA
Origam wrote:
granola wrote:
If you wait a bit it will be coming out in paper back. Another reason he is doing a benefit reading for us. To sell the paper back version.


Paperback is always good. Can you give me a heads up when it comes out in paperback?


Sure will!
It should been soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:32 pm 
Offline
New User
New User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:43 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Sacramento, CA
It is out in Paperback now! And with the Auburn Dam issue heating up you will want to read this book. It is a nice history of the proposed dam.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:16 pm 
Offline
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:53 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Indiana
Has anyone read the Left Behind series? I love them. I hate reading and I read through 3-4 classes now. I'm on the book Assassins now. Just wondering.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:45 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
redfurrymonster84 wrote:
Has anyone read the Left Behind series? I love them. I hate reading and I read through 3-4 classes now. I'm on the book Assassins now. Just wondering.


My girlfriend has. She was telling me about them, but I either wasn't listening or I forgot what she told me. I think she liked them.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:36 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
How can anyone hate reading? :? I used to get extra credit for discussing books with my teachers, course I never turned any homework or classwork in so the extra credit barely helped. :D

I think I tried the Left Behind series... but I got it further on instead of starting at the beginning. Maybe I'll give it another try. Hrm. So many books.. so little time. :(

I got a whole mess of Star Trek books coming my way soon.. :D

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:52 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20562
Location: Southeastern US
Origam wrote:
How can anyone hate reading? :? I used to get extra credit for discussing books with my teachers, course I never turned any homework or classwork in so the extra credit barely helped. :D

I think I tried the Left Behind series... but I got it further on instead of starting at the beginning. Maybe I'll give it another try. Hrm. So many books.. so little time. :(

I got a whole mess of Star Trek books coming my way soon.. :D


You might like the series Eric Flint wrote about a modern town being transported back to 1632 Europe ... interesting reading. The title of the first book is ... "1632"

I also liked the Harry Turtledove series about the CSA winning the Civil War and the alternate time line through WWII (so far) and his other series about an alien invasion during WWII with the alternate time line through the present. John Ringo has a couple of series that are good as well ...

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:21 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Wayne Stollings wrote:
You might like the series Eric Flint wrote about a modern town being transported back to 1632 Europe ... interesting reading. The title of the first book is ... "1632"

I also liked the Harry Turtledove series about the CSA winning the Civil War and the alternate time line through WWII (so far) and his other series about an alien invasion during WWII with the alternate time line through the present. John Ringo has a couple of series that are good as well ...


Cool! More authors to add to my reading list. The Harry Turtledove series sounds like something me and my dad would read. :D

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group