PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:27 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Archer wrote:
$4,000?! I don't know about Donnie, but I think that's overpriced by about 5 grand.

I am with you on that one Archer. No way those would be hanging in my den. I notice the only human form in the collection is one human skull. Why do I get a feeling that Sea Shepherd feels that is the ultimate goal for their org.

Often his subject matter is designed to elicit a response of the viewer's social and environmental conscience and was therefore honored when his painting was chosen to be the cover of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society's Christmas card in 2000.

No wonder you don't *get* it. And I bet you didn't get a Christmas card either.

Actually I did get it Grace and that is why I noted that the only sign of humanity was a human skull set in the idyllic sequences.

There are many, many more body parts than just the human skull. The entire human might be there actually.

Disconected human being body parts which makes the sceen more welcoming for Sea Shepherd Grace. :idea:

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:32 pm 

I'm not sending cards this year. Bah humbug. Silly nonsense. Don't hear from anyone all year then all of a sudden they're your best friend at Christmas. Then there's the well they sent us a card now we gotta send them one (and vice versa). I'm skipping Christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:10 pm 

Grace wrote:
I'm not sending cards this year. Bah humbug. Silly nonsense. Don't hear from anyone all year then all of a sudden they're your best friend at Christmas. Then there's the well they sent us a card now we gotta send them one (and vice versa). I'm skipping Christmas.

That's about how I feel about it too. I've come to dislike the holiday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:23 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Grace wrote:
No wonder you don't *get* it. And I bet you didn't get a Christmas card either.

My Christmas card had a deer head on it.

My Christmas cards are still in a box waiting to be mailed. :lol:

Origam! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:25 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

That is some of the most grotesque, cheap looking artwork I've ever seen in my entire life. The prices are flippin' hilarious!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:02 pm 

Ehh.. I wouldn't pay those prices for it, but I'd put it on my walls if it were cheaper. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:33 am 

Origam wrote:
Ehh.. I wouldn't pay those prices for it, but I'd put it on my walls if it were cheaper. :D

I have a Ninja Turtle Poster that my young fella left when he moved out Ori. Maybe you and I can work a deal. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:41 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
I have a Ninja Turtle Poster that my young fella left when he moved out Ori. Maybe you and I can work a deal. :wink:

I LOVE the Ninja Turtles!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:05 am 

Origam wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

I LOVE the Ninja Turtles!!!! :D

I was prepared for that answer. I just knew you would love that taste in art. :shock: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:10 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
I was prepared for that answer. I just knew you would love that taste in art. :shock: :wink:

Bet you can't guess my favorite turtle. :wink:

My taste in art is strange.. I'll give you that. :) Course when I was painting, a lot of my paintings looked somewhat like that.. busy, lots of color, and strange... maybe thats why I like them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:12 am 

SiberD wrote:
Day glow? That's class! ROFTLMAO!!

rather have a velvet elvis and jesus combo.....cheaper at the flea market anyhow.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:59 am 

Origam wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

Bet you can't guess my favorite turtle. :wink: :wink:

My taste in art is strange.. I'll give you that. :) Course when I was painting, a lot of my paintings looked somewhat like that.. busy, lots of color, and strange... maybe thats why I like them.

Mine was April. She looked pretty Perky. :wink: Bet you went with the guy who carried the big stick/STAFF thingy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:04 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Mine was April. She looked pretty Perky. :wink: Bet you went with the guy who carried the big stick/STAFF thingy.

April was too much trouble.. always getting kidnapped or in the way.You'd think the turtles would've gotten a clue where she was concerned. :D

Yeah.. Donatello was my favorite (ugh.. after all these years I can still name them all :shock: ) but not for his staff (d'oh.. that sounds bad) but because he wore purple. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:12 am 

Origam wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

April was too much trouble.. always getting kidnapped or in the way.You'd think the turtles would've gotten a clue where she was concerned. :D

Yeah.. Donatello was my favorite (ugh.. after all these years I can still name them all :shock: ) but not for his staff (d'oh.. that sounds bad) but because he wore purple. :D

April was too much trouble.. always getting kidnapped or in the way.You'd think the turtles would've gotten a clue where she was concerned.

Maybe she gave back more then she recieved. Might explain why Jordans poster has SMILING Turtles on it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:14 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Maybe she gave back more then she recieved. Might explain why Jordans poster has SMILING Turtles on it. :wink:

You're ruining the turtles for me. :shock: (Puts fingers in ears) LALALALALALA! I can't hear yooooooooooou!