EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:07 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

The other thread reminded me of this.

Everyone in my family names their vehicles. Most people I talk to have some sort of pet name for their car.. but those that don't think those of us that do are strange.

Anyway... my car's name is Baby. My oldest siblings Hummer is Sebastian II. My mom's van is Nelly. The truck is Bruce (uhm.. don't ask). Nana's car is "Itty Bitty".

Hrm. I don't know whats scarier the fact the vehicles are named.. or the fact that my middle sibling is allowed to drive. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:37 pm 

Depends. If it's running fine, I don't call it anything. If it's not (and, that's usually the case) then I have a whole list of names to go through that could get me in trouble here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:21 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

My family names there vehicles.

My brother's old truck which he was in love with was called Lil' Red. Some stupid person hit him and now he rufuses to name his vehicles...

I forget what the others are called...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:46 pm 

Quote:
Do you name your car or know people who do?

No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:50 pm 

Archer wrote:
Depends. If it's running fine, I don't call it anything. If it's not (and, that's usually the case) then I have a whole list of names to go through that could get me in trouble here.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:55 pm 

I knew one person who named her car. She was almost as big as her car come to think of it. Maybe she saw it as a peer. She called the car Poppy (it was red.) She was the worst driver in NJ. When I drove with her I'd break fingernails clutching the dash and wear my heels down to a nub braking the imaginary pedal. Back at work she used to hang out in front of any number of offices (where the males sat of course) and rub her back up & down their door jam to scratch it [like a grizzly in heat].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:18 pm 

Quote:

Your car must be related to my truck. At least it sounds as if they have the same last name. My trucks first name is "you good for nothing" and it's all downhill from there. My son always thought that was cute. Till I reminded him I got the truck before he was born so that was one name that was used up. Yes he does have a sense of humor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:30 pm 

Grace wrote:
I knew one person who named her car. She was almost as big as her car come to think of it. Maybe she saw it as a peer. She called the car Poppy (it was red.) She was the worst driver in NJ. When I drove with her I'd break fingernails clutching the dash and wear my heels down to a nub braking the imaginary pedal. Back at work she used to hang out in front of any number of offices (where the males sat of course) and rub her back up & down their door jam to scratch it [like a grizzly in heat].

Are you implying only fat people name their cars? :shock: :wink:

Heh.. Jen drives like a maniac, I use the "Oh sh*t" bar frequently when I'm a passenger and she is the driver.

Hey.. speaking of worst drivers did anyone catch the thing in Readers Digest about which horoscope signs make the worst drivers? :lol:

As for using the door jam (is it jam or jamb?) to scratch backs.. well, I used to do that.. not in front of anyone, just at home. Shoot, when you're at the office or out and about you can always find someone to scratch your back for you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:31 pm 

SiberD wrote:
No.

Thats cause you're no fun. :twisted: