EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:33 pm 
New User
New User

Hey all,

First off let me introduce myself. My name is Thurgood and I live in Seattle. Glad to see other environmentally conscious people in a community like this. I'm pretty new to the environmentally conscious community simply because I've never thought about it until I started my new job. :oops:

So I work with this company called bEarthWise. Basically, they specialize in products that are environmentally safe and efficient. I've been doing research on the products since I've been working here and they're actually pretty impressive. Of course I'm sure you all know there are a bunch of companies specializing in environmentally sound products and I didn't even really know much about products like these, but ever since I've been working here I've actually been pretty intrigued about the innovations they've been coming up with.

and with that said I was wondering if I could get some advice from all of you since you guys probably have a lot more knowledge and experience with environmentally efficient products than I do. I'm pretty much in charge of 2 of the products for this company (bEarthWise), which are ThermoShield Paint/Coating and the EdenPURE BioSPEED Vacuum. So far I've been pretty impressed with both, but I need to see what other environmentally conscious people think about their respective product websites (like the usability, does the information about the product and what it does come across clearly, are you even impressed with the product?, is it even worth considering, etc.). So I mean that would be a HUGE help to me if you guys would wanna check the websites out and tell me what you think could be worked on or basically just what you think of the product or the website itself.

Here's the main company website: http://www.bEarthWise.com

ThermoShield Paint/Coatings (the most impressive in my opinion): http://www.thermoshieldproducts.com

EdenPURE BioSPEED Vacuum (revolutionary vacuum from what I've researched, we even have one in the office and after using it I'm pretty impressed haha): http://www.edenpurevacuums.com/

So if you got time, just visit those sites and let me know what you think about em, or even just google em if you want. Sorry this is kind of long, but being in a community of environmentally conscious people in the line of work that I just started, this could really help me out. So thanks SO MUCH in advance! good lookin out!

-Thurgood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:20 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

welcome Thurgood...

thanks for the links especially the vacuum cleaner one...had never
heard of that brand or company.

I'm looking to get me a new vacuum cleaner as it's hard keeping
my carpets cleaned with 2 dogs and alot of hair.

ps: what are those infrared heaters like?

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:06 pm 
New User
New User

hmm, I actually haven't done much research on the heaters yet but the products from that company as a whole from what I've researched so far are phenomenal so I'm assuming that it surpasses most of the mainstream market infrared heaters out there. there should be a link from the vacuum site to the heaters if you haven't already checked it out.

Post subject: Oh Yeah?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:13 pm 
New User
New User

I've heard of bEarthwise before. I've seen a demo of the heaters before and they were pretty impressive. Unfortunately I already had a internal heating system in my home so I didn't really have a use for one. I am considering one for my tool shed though. Do you have any more info on the heaters? And if so can you share it with us?

p.s. I heard that Thurgood is a fayggle.... anyone got more info on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:16 pm 
New User
New User

p.s.s. What's it like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:21 pm 
New User
New User

yup yup i finally got around to doing my research on the heaters and they got information about the infrared heaters too. i believe the site is:

http://www.ewheaters.com

the heaters are actually pretty nice too. all the information is on that site, but i mean it's the next generation when it comes to heaters. because it is infrared, the heater itself doesn't even get hot, so your kid could be playin around it and even touch it and they wouldn't get hurt or anything. it also doesn't dry up the air and deplete the oxygen in the room so that prevents a lot of contamination that forced air heaters sometimes produce which can lead to sickness. and if you're like me, your sinuses won't get all dried up too when the heat is on. so all you Sensitive Sams when it comes to allergies and sinus problems would definately be benefiting from this heater. but yeah, i mean go check it out, if you're in the market for a heater or thinkin bout buyin one, it's def worth checkin out.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:15 pm 
New User
New User

Hey Thurgood,

Thanks for the info on the heaters. I actually just checked out the heaters site and let me tell you. Pretty impressive man. I might even possibly order, after I discuss it with the wife of course... :wink: (you know the old ball and chain) I hate her, but god I love her. You know how that is, but anyways again kudos for the info. Where are the rest of the Envirolink forum mates at? Am I the only one on this forum with an opinion. :roll: Heh Heh.

cheers,

Devin the Dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:48 pm 
New User
New User

there is another site too, they have an old site that is more complete but in my opinion, it isn't as good as the http://www.ewheaters.com

but if you want you can check that site too for more information:

http://www.edenpure-heaters.com