EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:05 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
In my opinion this forum is becoming too 'bitchy' and personal. There are some very insulting remarks detracting from the real pupose of this forum. I've been guilty myself on a couple of occasions. I didn't join to observe such nastiness thank you !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:31 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:09 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
jhawk wrote:
In my opinion this forum is becoming too 'bitchy' and personal. There are some very insulting remarks detracting from the real pupose of this forum. I've been guilty myself on a couple of occasions. I didn't join to observe such nastiness thank you !


You really haven't seen much of anything. It's been pretty calm around here lately.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:17 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 2:02 pm
Posts: 2314
Quote:
I didn't join to observe such nastiness thank you !


apparently you did...you joined March 20th have 522 posts and average
9 per day.... :wink:

_________________
join the Ron Paul Revolution!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:19 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
denni50 wrote:
Quote:
I didn't join to observe such nastiness thank you !


apparently you did...you joined March 20th have 522 posts and average
9 per day.... :wink:



:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:48 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20468
Location: Southeastern US
denni50 wrote:
Quote:
I didn't join to observe such nastiness thank you !


apparently you did...you joined March 20th have 522 posts and average
9 per day.... :wink:


Actually, neither the number of posts or time since joining would support that attempt to refute the statement ... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:51 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
Wayne Stollings wrote:
denni50 wrote:
Quote:
I didn't join to observe such nastiness thank you !


apparently you did...you joined March 20th have 522 posts and average
9 per day.... :wink:


Actually, neither the number of posts or time since joining would support that attempt to refute the statement ... :wink:


But she DID join, no? And she is IS observing such nastiness, no? So her statement was refuted and supported by the date she joined and number of posts she's made to also support her participation in membership.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:09 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
denni50 wrote:
Quote:
I didn't join to observe such nastiness thank you !


apparently you did...you joined March 20th have 522 posts and average
9 per day.... :wink:



When I say I didn't join to observe such nastiness....I mean just that !!
Don't go thinking you can speak for me.

About the number of posts....I can read my own total thank you and work out averages.

I guess I've still got a bit of catching up to do.

BTW I am retired from work and have more time to spend on this forum than possibly most of you have, although some of you don't seem to go to bed. Its a bit confusing at times, because we are 7-8 hours ahead of you, and I have to wait until the next day sometimes to hear your pearls of wisdom.
I'm enjoying being on this forum.
Carry on the good work !

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:10 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
jhawk
Quote:
When I say I didn't join to observe such nastiness....I mean just that !!Don't go thinking you can speak for me.

About the number of posts....I can read my own total thank you and work out averages.



Oooooh nastiness is catching. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:11 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
Grace wrote:
jhawk
Quote:
When I say I didn't join to observe such nastiness....I mean just that !!Don't go thinking you can speak for me.

About the number of posts....I can read my own total thank you and work out averages.



Oooooh nastiness is catching. :lol:


That isn't nasty.

I'm a lovely, mild-mannered very sweet person.
(If you believe that, you'll believe anything.)


:lol: :lol: :lol:
:wink: :wink: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:24 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20468
Location: Southeastern US
Grace wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
denni50 wrote:
Quote:
I didn't join to observe such nastiness thank you !


apparently you did...you joined March 20th have 522 posts and average
9 per day.... :wink:


Actually, neither the number of posts or time since joining would support that attempt to refute the statement ... :wink:


But she DID join, no?


Yes, but you would have to prove where the number of post or the time frame indicated a wish to see the more aggressive nature of the posts. I know you cannot do that with the numbers, so there is the point.

Quote:
And she is IS observing such nastiness, no?


She is, but how does that prove her intent to do so? Is there a banner that indicates Grace and company will be having a pissing match in X days?

Not that such matches do not happen nor that I cannot or have not participated, but that is not the normal daily posting is it?

Quote:
So her statement was refuted and supported by the date she joined and number of posts she's made to also support her participation in membership.


How does that show intent to continue? You have made an assumption that is not supported by the facts you present.

Quote:
:lol:


:P :P :lol: :lol: :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:24 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
I have to admit, jhawk seems to be about the most innocent person that has joined this place and actually stayed any length of time.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:31 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
Archer wrote:
I have to admit, jhawk seems to be about the most innocent person that has joined this place and actually stayed any length of time.


Thanks Archer !
I try not to rub people up the wrong way, but it seems I failed.


:(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:36 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
jhawk wrote:
Archer wrote:
I have to admit, jhawk seems to be about the most innocent person that has joined this place and actually stayed any length of time.


Thanks Archer !
I try not to rub people up the wrong way, but it seems I failed.


:(


People around here are just touchy because of dealing with other people on here. They forget that some people can have good intentions. Don't hold it against them; they don't mean anything by it. Every now and then someone will show up with nothing but bad intentions, but it's typically the same person, and I haven't seen any sign of him lately.

I was innocent a few years ago (my goodness time flies). But that was soon lost upon joining this place. It gets quite rowdy at times.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group