[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Hi everyone, I'm new, and I need help!

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:07 pm 
New User
New User

Hi everyone. I wish I knew there was a site like this before!! I am really into eco friendly living. I buy local and organic produce all the time and cook from fresh everyday as I believe its better for the environment and it makes me feel good too! :lol: I'v made a decision that I am not going to learn to drive as I do not believe in it at all!!! I think its dirty and why would anyone want to drive when you can enjoy the countryside and fresh air??!! I wan't the air to stay fresh and beautifull not polluted!! :evil: I really want to live an eco friendly life and be self sufficient and try to make as little footprint on this earth as I possibly can!! I'm abit stuck though because I don't know how to go about it??!! I'm 20 and I'v just come out of a year out of a uni course after suffering with depression and stress! I don't want to go back! But I'm thinking of going to a local uni to become a primary school teacher. I don't know though I hate stress and pollution and traffic, I want to just get away and save the planet!! Please help some one!! [-o<

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:25 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Welcome eco! I think you've come to the right place! Things might get a tad, er... lively around here but most everyone's heart is in the right spot. Be prepared to hear about anything and everything!

Wow, not driving?! I guess I'm too set in my ways. The car I currently put-put in is getting around 37 miles a gallon but still; the exhaust has to go somewhere, doesn't it? If only we could all hike to work, eh?

Thumbs up on the desire to be a teacher. Never seems to be enough caring ones. On stress; I've found you have to relax with as much earnest as you work. It's better to take a day off and get a little behind then try to be uber-worker and have a heart attack at 45. Find those pretty places you mention and get there regular-like. It's a life-saver.

Going all eco? There's others here more learmed then I on such but you'll get all sorts of ideas. Me, for the first time I've seriously begun thinking about someplace I can retire to, a couple acres in Wisconsin would be nice. Grow a garden, fish and hunt a bit, read and write a lot. Probably as close to paradise as you'll get in this world.

Again, welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:59 pm 
New User
New User

Cool I think I'l like it here then! I know your right about the driving thing! I'm sorry if I ofended you :oops: I dunno I just wish I could live near work, somewhere in the countryside near the sea, so I can walk to school, that would be good! Or I love animals and I'd love to get the opportunity to work abroud with endangered species by helping them or something! I just don't want to get into the rate race generally! Over the last year I havn't worked because I wasn't well enough to and now I really would just love to do something I enjoy thats good for the environment or helping people or animals. I don't think I could stand working in the city, I think I may actually go mad!! 8-[
Do you live in the USA then? Whats it like living there? I'm from England. I live in York, which is in the North. Its a nice city because its got its history, but it does get alot of traffic! xx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:42 pm 

Hi, eco!

Worry not, I'm not offended at all. Hey, I know I should drive a lot less but I'm too dang lazy! But I'm working on it. When will they come out with a electric car I can efford? I would buy it in a second!

Ok, I feel what you're saying about living in town. I live in Iowa, farmland all about but I'm in a medium-size city and it's not exactly the most fun. We've had a gang problem develop the last few years(Yes! Even in Iowa!) I litterally live right on the borderline between two local 'thug-clubs'. They've left me alone but you do not walk outside your yard after dark. Oh! To live where there's trees, critters all about and quiet! Maybe some day!

Hmmm. You like animals, eh? Any chance to get into animal-rescue sort of stuff in your parts? It would be a great place to start and when you become a teacher, it's a worthy thing to pass onto your students.

Be cool, Eco!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:57 am 

Hi eco Caroline !
Welcome to this forum. I'm from England too. I was born in Nottingham, but now live in Staffordshire. It's great that you live in Yorkshire as I've traced my ancestry...on my father's side...back to 16th Century in Wakefield. This is a proven line, but to get any further back will be difficult. The family line may be tracable back to the Norwegian Vikings using DNA and blood types.
So, make yourself a cuppa Yorkshire tea and enjoy !

=D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:10 am 

Just think, had my ancestors stayed put, we'd all three be having tea right now. Dad's side of the family can be traced to Wales.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:27 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:24 pm 

hi and welcome.

you can get yourself an eco-friendly transportation vehicle like
the ones below(although it states not currently available).

cities and towns need to start developing transportation friendly roads and hwys where people can ride their bikes and other gas free vehicles.

http://www.ecobicycles.com/

some other tips people don't think about that reduce power efficiency causing more co2:

1) clean the coils at the bottom of your refrigerator
2) clean the heat duct and lint trapper in your dryer
3) change car air filter(if you own a car)
4) change a/c filter
5) change spark plug and air filter on lawn mower

ps: why don't you look into becoming an Environmental Teacher... 8)

http://www.enviroeducation.com/majors-p ... nv-ed.html

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm 

Horses are eco friendly and at one time the only way to go. If you are unwilling to drive (or buy a horse), you should look into an internet/home based business.

Welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:03 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:38 pm 

I always wondered what became of Eco. I was a bit concerned when she mentioned some probs she had had. Then she just didn't post anymore. :?: :?: :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:13 am 
New User
New User

Hello everyone on this eco environment,
This is Ad Broke I am new on this forum I proud my self that i become a part of this community. I am the member of WHO from last 2 years.
I love cool and fresh air . i believe that we should you natural energy which provide by eni. like air sunlight etc... The main problem is that people are disturbing the environment and use the things which is harmful to us and which directly effect on atmosphere "PLASTIC".
I wan to share more but not this time...
Take care of You and Environment..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:33 am 

Welcome, Adbroke!
Always happy about newcomers.

(I always wondered what happened to eco caroline. Kinda worried me when she talked about being depressed and all)