EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:48 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Grace wrote:
eSFG

yep that's me. And more. :lol:

http://keirsey.com/personality/sjef.html

Mine was extremely acurate as well. Freaky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:03 pm 

Grace wrote:
eSFG

From Grace's profile......
....' This is not to say that Providers are afraid to express their own emotional reactions. They are quick to like and dislike-and don't mind saying so-tending to put on a pedestal whatever or whoever they admire, and to come down hard on those people and issues they don't care for. '

You can say that again !!!
8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:41 pm 

jhawk wrote:
Grace wrote:
eSFG

From Grace's profile......
....' This is not to say that Providers are afraid to express their own emotional reactions. They are quick to like and dislike-and don't mind saying so-tending to put on a pedestal whatever or whoever they admire, and to come down hard on those people and issues they don't care for. '

You can say that again !!!
8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

I know! LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:18 pm 

Just interested folks...not prying, but which part of the test is you to a ' T ' ?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours !!
:- :- :-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:21 pm 

jhawk wrote:
Just interested folks...not prying, but which part of the test is you to a ' T ' ?

What I copied over in the earlier post is extremely acurate, freaky accurate, as a matter of fact.

What have you got???? Inquiring minds.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:33 pm 

I think Iowanic should post his....

Come on don't be shy. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:51 pm 

animallover wrote:
jhawk wrote:

What I copied over in the earlier post is extremely acurate, freaky accurate, as a matter of fact.

What have you got???? Inquiring minds.....

able to approach others with ease and confidence,

Providers are extremely sensitive to the feelings of others, which makes them perhaps the most sympathetic of all the types, but which also leaves them rather self-conscious, that is, highly sensitive to what others think of them. Because of this Providers can be crushed by personal criticism, and will work most effectively when given ample appreciation both for themselves personally and for the service they give to others. This is not to say that Providers are afraid to express their own emotional reactions.

Providers seldom become a source of irritation in the workplace; on the contrary, they are unflagging in their devotion to their company, ..........

They are usually pragmatic about the present, skeptical about the future, solipsistic about the past, .........

The Idealist temperament have an instinct for interpersonal integration, learn ethics with ever increasing zeal, sometimes become diplomatic leaders, and often speak interpretively and metaphorically of the abstract world of their imagination.

Ever in search of knowledge, this is the "Knowledge Seeking Personality" -- trusting in reason and hungering for achievement.

I think those describe me...as I see myself. Elsewhere on the test I would appear to be suited to the medical profession If I had the chance, I would have studied to be a surgeon.

As I said....weird.

They are usually pragmatic about the present, skeptical about the future, solipsistic about the past, .........
I don't agree with solipsistic though....egoistic self-absorption !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:35 pm 

jhawk wrote:

Last time someone told me that I woung up traumatized for life :shock:

Ok.. a few things from mine that fit me to a T

"These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time."
True enough.. although it doesn't keep people from tryinging

"Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words. "
Hmm.. this is true for the most part. I can be friendly towards anyone, but the people I hold near are dear are a select group. I do also tend to have fairly deep bonds with the people I hold near and dear.

"In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately. "
Pretty much.. I can tell when things are wrong, people are sad, etc. without they saying a word of even looking like they are angry, sad, hurt, etc. I've hugged perfect strangers when it seemed like they needed it (fun to make friends that way though)

"Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche. "
:lol: A friend of mine calls me his Dr. Phil and says I save him money since he doesn't need a therapist as long as I'm around. :shock: I should start charging! I've written quite a bit and people tend to like it.. I just haven't made money off it. And I've done public service jobs before.. fun stuff.

"Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis. "
Ask anyone near and dear to me, and they'll tell you this is dead on. I don't want to be a prophet or a seer though! I have issues with being locked in an asylum or burned at the stake and what not.

"The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification."
Indeed!

"INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Strongly humanitarian in outlook, INFJs tend to be idealists, and because of their J preference for closure and completion, they are generally "doers" as well as dreamers. This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn. "
Yup yup.. especially if the causes are the people I care about.

A few famous INFJ's..
Goethe
Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Piers Anthony, author ("Xanth" series) *I love his books!*
Michael Landon (Little House on the Prairie)
Billy Crystal
Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury) *I adore this comicstrip*
Carrie Fisher *swoon*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:45 pm 

Origam said...' The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification."
Indeed!

Baileys ice cream anyone ???

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:01 pm 

Quote:
animallover wrote
How are you doing......haven't been around too much lately. Good I hope.

Doing fine, thanks for asking. This is football and hunting season, so my time tends to get divided by that. But I do try to check in from time to time and see if there is anything I need to comment on.

Quote:
Wayne wrote
This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader.

hunter wrote
Cult leader, this explains a lot.

I'll have to take this test when I get back later today. Of course I suppose it's possible mine could come up cult leader too, so I better bring the Kool Aide.

wayne wrote
I prefer thr former observation, but if you wan to bring Kool-Aid make it anything but grape .... :twisted:

Guess I discounted world leader when I saw it was preceeded by the words charm and finesse. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:30 pm 

I was a ISTJ 'inspector guardian'.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:57 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Why is everyone else here introverted?!?!?!?!?

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:22 pm 

Iowanic wrote:
I was a ISTJ 'inspector guardian'.

What did it say about that??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:24 pm 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Why is everyone else here introverted?!?!?!?!?

I have no idea but I know I can be extremely shy unless someone really ticks me off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:56 pm 

I don't know how to transfer all that over here, but a few high-points:

'Keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility'
'noted for devotion to duty'
'Punctuality is a watchword'
Perform at highest efficiency when employing a step by step approuch
Easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others
when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact.
Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations are the undoing of SJ's and are fought at all cost

Remarkably close to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next