EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: New Feature: Spell Check
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:39 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

EnviroLink Forum Users:

You will now notice a "SpellCheck" button below the Message Body field when you are writing a message. This button uses Javascript to open a new window with a spelling tool. Please feel free to use this feature and let me know if you encounter serious problems.

Just fyi: this tool only remembers "learned" words for a given login session. I do not believe that it will remember your words the next time you log in. This may seem like a bug, but it is actually a good thing, since I have installed an (American) English dictionary with 195952 words in it. This covers most of the words that you will use here.

If you keep running across the same word that you know is spelled correctly but isn't in our dictionary, please send it to me via the private message system here and I can add it to the permanent dictionary list.

<b>NOTE:</b> For right now, users of the Safari web browser will find that the Javascript doesn't work with their browser. I don't know of any others that are problems.

Thanks,

-josh

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]