EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP ME!! WHAT CAN I DO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:30 pm 
New User
New User

on December 23 2015. Two days before Christmas. Four police officers showed up at my house. My brother Inlaw answered the door and the police barged into the house. They began asking my wife where is your daughter. She said why she is only 6. The cops told her that someone called in a complaint that multiple cats and dogs lived in the house and were concerned that a child lived in the house as well. The cops began making comments about the house smelling and saying it was disgusting. I won't lie. We had 14 cats and 3 dogs. Yes it was very hard to keep up with cleaning. My wife and I both hold full time jobs. It was also 2 days before Christmas. We were both up multiple nights in a row cleaning to prepare for Christmas. So the house was not a mess. The cats were all brought in from the street. We had them fixed and had all their shots done. They were all fed and healthy. We had homes lined up for most. We were actually in the process of catching them so the new owner could come pick them up. To make this story shorter. The day ended with our home being condemned. The cops did not have a warrant. No judge signed any paper to condemn our house. My wife even asked where she was supposed to go. She said what am I supposed to do I have nowhere else to live. Her answer was OH WELL I DIDNT DO THIS YOU DID. TAKE CARE OF YOUR NASTY HOUSE.All the cats were taken by the spca. They made my wife sign them all over to them. The dogs are with us. We have been renting a house we found on Airbnb.com. It is paid for until January 2. But we are out of money and will soon have nowhere to go. The township put pad locks on all our doors. They have no answered calls from us asking to get into the house for our cloths and other things. The cleaning co that first told us he could get us back in the house before Christmas told us the township told him no. We will handle this after the holidays. And he has yet to return our calls. We just do not no what to do. I am almost certain our right were violated. But we are out of time and will soon be homeless. Me my wife our 6 year old child and 3 dogs will be on the street. What do I do.